More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported

All I can say is,

Why is it that nobody likes Jeff Ireland? Why did what's his name on the Steelers say bad things about him? Why did Matt McChesney call Jeff a scumbag? Why does Tony Sparano hate him? Why won't even the rancid Tuna talk to him anymore?

Nobody likes this guy. Nobody wants to talk to him. Could it be that Jeff Ireland... is an asshole?

If you take out Mando's side of the story the issue was clearly Ireland.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD[/QUOTE]

ummmmmm, ok, if you say so

If nothing else at least this article by Hyde, reinforces my hopes that Philbin can judge his talent and will voice his opinion when necessary. Two things came out about Philbin that I liked. 1) He wanted Incognito gone, but, Ireland over ruled him; and now this, 2) The article by Hyde about Philbin, Ireland and Johnathan Martin's abilities. Philbin won my respect by how he kept the team together, while all the chaos from Bullygate could have sent the team into the tanks. In spite of the 2 loses that ended the season, I still believe in Philbin, even though, he has a cerebral approach to coaching. IMHO Sherman and the opponents ability to read or anticipate the snap counts hurt the team more than Philbin ever did. It would be interesting to see, who was behind, the Ellerbe and Wheeler signings? We know Ireland signed them, but who was the coach or coaches who banged the table to sign these bums!!!

All I can say is,

Why is it that nobody likes Jeff Ireland? Why did what's his name on the Steelers say bad things about him? Why did Matt McChesney call Jeff a scumbag? Why does Tony Sparano hate him? Why won't even the rancid Tuna talk to him anymore?

Nobody likes this guy. Nobody wants to talk to him. Could it be that Jeff Ireland... is an asshole?

An even bigger question is why did Ross like him so much, if all this is true? Was he clueless about the level of dysfunction?

Ireland thought his BFF, Ross, was in his back pocket.
Is it possible that Ross finally saw the light and realized Ireland was a big part of the problem all along?
Could it be that Ross sees Philbin as a good coach that just needs a capable GM to work with, instead of against him?
Maybe, just maybe, now our team (coaches/players) can have a positive relationship and work together to win as a team!?

Now...can't we all just get along!?

Some interesting things in that article....Philbin didn't have faith in Martin, or at least wanted a backup plan this year, but Ireland refused. Also, Tony Sparano wanted a veteran QB his final year instead of Henne, and Ireland refused that as well. Its becoming clear that the poor personnel decisions were coming from Ireland and not the coaching staff. Poor personnel decisions coupled with an abrasive personality will do you in as a GM in the NFL.

That's why I think all coaches should have veto power when it comes to Personnel.....all the good ones have it, if I was an owner my coach would be able to over rule the personnel dept....he also would be the first fired if the team sucks....

All I can say is,

Not only that but we have Rosenfels saying he came in the locker room and within 10 minutes he realizes Ireland is hated by the players. Its almost impossible to win when you have that kind of toxicity and distrust throughout the organization.

All I can say is,

Absolutely he is an asshole there is no denying that and I am fine with him being gone. My issue is all the politics that seem to be going on and with and absentee owner why would they stop. I wanted this thing blown up, but we get a half ass blown up situation which is what we have seem to been doing over the last 6 years and it doesn't work. I just want Ross to do it right and this franchise is a joke right now. I am not getting any younger and am damned tired of the crap this team keeps producing. I said all alnog blow it up or do nothing, just don't do a half asses job of it.

Ireland was an issue, he is gone.
Sherman was an issue, he is gone
Philbin is and issue, he is still there.
Aponte is and issue, she is still there.

Armando's reporting makes Ireland look like the Good guy, now this one makes Philbin out to be the good guy. This will never work.

Unity = Unity needs individuals that's you. That's what my coach taught us when we played. This team here can't win under this
situation. It's not a team at all but a bunch or power brokering and throwing the other guy under the bus. They need to clean house.

I wonder how much of this the owner knew? I can't believe he could even run a Popsicle stand like this let alone a Football team. I am
sure he does not allow his business to run this way. Wow FIRE THEM ALL AND START OVER. I was against it but not now. It's borked!
Move on!!!

It works if you remember something very, very simple.

Armando = douchenozzle.

Dave Hyde = not a douchenozzle.

Makes sense to me, and backs my idea that Philbin was being pretty much "told" who to play. All the folks who thought Ireland was just "getting what Philbin wanted" were living in dreamland...

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

I'm not a football genius, but we all knew Martin wasn't the answer at LT. I could be wrong, but you typically know what you got with lineman. It's rare that a lineman takes a few years to develop into a top tier LT.

The fact that Ireland put all his eggs in one basket was a major oversight. The fact that he ignored the concerns and demands of his head coach is telling reason why he is gone and Philbin is still here.

No, there were plenty on here who didn't catch that clue...

At least we can all breath a sigh of relief from Ireland's departure. I supported Ireland, up until this year, and it's refreshing to see Mr. Ross take control and rid himself of 2 problems that have held the organization back. Ireland was not cut out to be a GM and I'm finally glad to come to that realization. Too many mistakes and too much controversy surrounded him. My support of Ireland came from "HOPE". The hope of him getting the players Miami needed to win consistently. I now realize others are better suited to take Miami back to the promise land. Good Riddance!!!

Dave Hyde

Besides his central role in a national firestorm this season, Jonathan Martin played another role in a private firestorm, one he didn't know about occurring inside the Dolphins that contributed to General Manager Jeff Ireland eventually leaving the franchise Tuesday.

Last off season, coach Joe Philbin wasn't sold Martin was a capable left tackle and wanted a backup plan, two team sources said. Ireland thought the second-year player would develop and didn't make an expensive move for Kansas City veteran Branden Albert.

So when the incident involving Martin and Richie Incognito devolved into a bullying-themed mess, there already was a back story of tension between the coach and general manager as they met in Philbin's office to discuss the public situation.

What exactly was said isn't clear, but the November meeting ended with Ireland either storming out or being thrown out of Philbin's office. The two, never especially close, moved further apart...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dave-hyde-dolphins-0109-20140108,0,603435.column

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

This organization will not be fixed for years it looks like to me. SMH

This is all in the rear view mirror, and 1000% irrelevant now. Martin is gone, Incognito is gone, and Ireland is gone.

Ross finally solved his biggest problem.

Don't pay any attention to trolls trying to keep the pot stirred up with all this "still bad blood", "still dysfunctional" garbage misinformation.

95% of the dissension and strife walked out the door when ireland did.

This article proves that ireland had an agenda, he wanted martin protected and mollycoddled, he wasn't willing to entertain anyone else but his PC Stanford bonus baby pick starting at tackle.

Philbin is a solid coach and will prove it this next season.

BTW isn't it noteworthy that this team QUIT at the precise moment when Ross stated that ireland was safe and would be back? I wonder if there wasn't some subconscious tanking going on. ireland is DESPISED by the players.

Back
Top Bottom