Mort and Adam: Philbin Upset | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort and Adam: Philbin Upset

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
According to Mort, Joe called Dungy after the Martin interview and took offense that Dungy blamed him for what happened in the locker room. Dungy said he did not, but if Joe had leaders like he had like Derrick Brooks, the incident would not have happened.

Dungy has a point and the dumping of the leadership council was dumb.

Good for Joe. The interview was soft and terribly conducted. Usually getting in a pissing contest with the media does not work, but Joe must defend himself if he sees fit in such a situation.

Dungy asked no tough questions and before he talks how "pure" his locker rooms were, there were a ton of stories of Warren Sapp being mean to teammates.

If Ross is to continue with the committee idea, Dungy is not fit to serve.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

How is Joe at fault if Martin never came to him and talked of being bullied?

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Also, Joe should be pissed that Martin said nobody reached him when he went to the mental hospital when in fact Joe visited him the very next day.

That is simply a total lie from Martin to make his garbage story look better.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Everyone knows I think Joe is a bad football coach. However, I do think he is a good person. He would not have tolerated something that close to the abuse that Martin claimed. However, as the locker room attested, they did not see Martin's claims of abuse….therefore, why would Joe?

These are grown men, no?

Martin went to school at Stanford for crying out loud.

Communication is key to all things in life. If you cannot communicate to your own coach, then you have the problem.

When will Martin accept he has problems? The situation for him will only get worse unless he comes to grips with his problem.

I did not see the interview as it will only look back in a view with sympathy.

If they were truly sympathetic, they would get him help. Blaming others doesnt make your situation better. It only means denial.

Philbin should shut up and worry about his sorry ass 15-17 record.

What's insane about this whole thing is that we still don't really know whether there really was ever an "incident" that had anything at all to do with the team.

This could've easily been the charade of one guy, based on his own personal problems, and if it was, it hardly has any relevance to anything team-related such as coaching or leadership.

Philbin should shut up and worry about his sorry ass 15-17 record.

I would agree, but these accusations are directed not as his coaching, but his character. I do not blame him for stepping up.

Dungy conducted a weak interview.

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, this happened under Joe's watch, he has to own it like any leader would.......stop crying own up to what happened, put things in place so it doesn't happen again and then move on......fighting with Dungy is not a smart thing to do.....

Good for joe

f**k martin

I'm looking forward to the day that I can move Martin and Incognito threads to the General NFL forum.

I think Joe is just damn sick of all this crap. Good for him for standing up for himself. All of this crap has really been out of his control, I get having a better power structure in place, but who really knows what he has in place in the locker room. I think he has done very well with this crap storm this off-season. He let the people go he needed to and made some good hires. His good work the last month has gone mostly unnoticed as all of the bad press has taken the headlines.

Dungy sunk to a new low with this interview, Joe is right to called him out. If I were Ross, I would cut him off from all Dolphins related activities

Every locker room has bullies, the fins are the only one that had to be investigated by an outside source......Sapp was handled by the players, leaders

Ahanotu is not a snake. That is the difference.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Dungy sunk to a new low with this interview, Joe is right to called him out. If I were Ross, I would cut him off from all Dolphins related activities

If any writer had some guts, they would go back and do research of these coaches that said **** did not occur in their locker rooms and show how hypocritical they are.

This happens in all locker rooms, it is just a matter of if the teams can weather the storm.

Back
Top Bottom