Mort and Adam: Philbin Upset | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort and Adam: Philbin Upset

Dungy lost some credibility with that unless he knows what actually happened because the more you hear it was a 2 way street with incognito and martin, and Martin needed and out for his horrid play. You talk to all the leaders in the room and they were friends before Martin up and left and he said nothing about it until after he lost his job at LT

Philbin has no beef at all. When the full spotlight was on this episode last fall, Philbin had every opportunity to stand out as a true leader and impress not only the football community but also the non-sports fans who were following at the time. He could have cemented a positive reputation. Nothing Dungy said or implied would matter. Instead, Philbin could not have been more weak and pathetic. Remember when we were raving about how well Tannehill came across? He didn't do anything special. It was merely how normal and reasonably forceful he looked and sounded compared to Philbin, who occupied the same stage seconds earlier. It's one thing to stick to a script and be cautious in light of legal matters, quite another to come across like a human puddle. Now he's desperate to salvage in the late going, and as always the patchwork accomplishes next to nothing.

Philbin should actually be very thankful that not much attention has focused on the golf course incident with Incognito. By all accounts, Philbin was properly upset but backed off and said nothing publicly once others in the organization, probably Jeff Ireland, decided it should be bought and buried. That makes Philbin look incredibly weak, IMO. I can just imagine Don Shula handling a similar event. His jaw would have been smacking the microphone in disgust, with Incognito long since out the door.

Good for Joe. Dungy is not above criticism either.
If he would have stayed silent, the comments would have been validated.

Philbin should actually be very thankful that not much attention has focused on the golf course incident with Incognito. By all accounts, Philbin was properly upset but backed off and said nothing publicly once others in the organization, probably Jeff Ireland, decided it should be bought and buried. That makes Philbin look incredibly weak, IMO. I can just imagine Don Shula handling a similar event. His jaw would have been smacking the microphone in disgust, with Incognito long since out the door.

That's a pretty strong stance considering you can't possibly know what actually transpired, maybe the girl is embellishing a tad. Think about it- according to the report her original compensation request was just an apology yet Incognito refused to do even that. That doesn't smell like sexual abuse to me.

Dungy lost some credibility with that unless he knows what actually happened because the more you hear it was a 2 way street with incognito and martin, and Martin needed and out for his horrid play. You talk to all the leaders in the room and they were friends before Martin up and left and he said nothing about it until after he lost his job at LT

Awesome avatar bro!!

The problem with this team is they have no leaders, it showed on the last 2 games of the season, and in the locker room. Joe wants people like him, and don't like leaders on HIS TEAM.

What's insane about this whole thing is that we still don't really know whether there really was ever an "incident" that had anything at all to do with the team.

This could've easily been the charade of one guy, based on his own personal problems, and if it was, it hardly has any relevance to anything team-related such as coaching or leadership.

...that's it?

No selective stats to show how this was all Tannehill's fault, because he was only an average force in the locker room?

dumping of the leadership council was dumb.

huh? are you nuts?

that pathetic leadership council had NO leaders in it. and remember, the ONLY reason they decided to become a leadership council is because their new huckster/jokester locker room court jester HOMEY THE CLOWN got booted by philbin [and rightfully so as his last two teams ran him off for his attitude and lack of play] who was told BEFOREHAND that he had one shot at staying on the team with NO errrors. he immediately started crap invading the coaches meeting and getting in trouble in his off time, telling philbin thats just the way he is and flippantly walked away from him when philbin was trying to remind him of their deal, that he had NO wiggle room in his antics or behavior. he didnt care. and of course, when he gets into his first game, he drops both passes thrown at him.

thats the moment i became a HUGE joe philbin fan. most coaches with a jake long wouldnt pull that kind of a trigger, they would have folded. but joe made a statement that he meant business and he keeps his word. getting rid of that pathetic homey the clown [chad johnson] was awsome. but, he should have never been on this team. thanks jeff!!

but, as usual, the fans take the side of the scumbag and not the the guy doing the right thing for the team.

and where was this righteous "leadership" council before homey got booted? this was all over losing there good time charlie, chad johnson. they made themselves look foolish and pathetic and now they are GONE!!

and jake sucked in st louis this past year as he had the last 3 years in miami. even without his storming into the coaches office with his leadership posse, he needed to be gone as he is over, over, OVER!!!

and DUNGY? he had leaders on his team for sure. but, he DIDNT HAVE A LEADERSHIP COUNCIL!! and he wouldnt have allowed it either. gee coach, is it ok if we become a leadership council? i mean we know your the coach and all, but, well, we want to be a leadership council".

yeah. and what was the goal of that council? were they saying if they were a council players wouldnt get in that kind of trouble anymore? that they should be the ones to dish out punishment [the coaches job]? and why didnt they just BE leaders? why did they have to ask the coach to be leaders? thats something you DO not ASK to do.

the whole leadership council thing was a joke, a slap at coach philbin being mad at him running their good time charlie off. they poked the bear and payed the price.

I'd kill myself too if my dad were a hypocritical wanna be preacher/ anti-bullying activist/ gay basher like Dungy

I wonder if philbin called dungy a half ******

I am disappointed with Dungy on this. I thought he was a class act but he lost a TON of respect from me for interjecting himself into this matter... more or less on martin's side.

He should have never gotten into this thing. Too many overtones.

I'd kill myself too if my dad were a hypocritical wanna be preacher/ anti-bullying activist/ gay basher like Dungy

Come on man, that is going way too far. You don't screw with people about their dead kids, that is way put of line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom