Mort and Adam: Philbin Upset | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort and Adam: Philbin Upset

Good for Joe, his team and himself have been dragged through the mud too much with this so called "incident". Glad he stepped up and defended himself after Dungy's sorry excuse for an interview.

It is comical of Dungy to claim that he was not blaming Joe at least somewhat. Of course he was...

Joe has been through hell for the past two years and he may be ready to reach his breaking point. Good for him, I applaud him for not towing the "Corporate Line" and keeping quiet while he gets burned in the pyre. I really hope he comes out of this with a fire and determination in his gut to prove the doubters wrong. No More Mr. Nice Guy.

No but the way ESPN presented it was very negative update on the situation that made Miami look stupid in the situation. Painted Philbin as wrong and Martin doing no wrong.

Losing the last two games is starting to make sense, our coach is soft and has thin skin, the team is taking on his personality,,,,,,,

Dungy never blamed Philbin during the interview.

Disagree. The postscript/follow up I think it sounded like Dungy blamed Joe. Plus, if Tony did any homework, he would had followed up with a statement that Joe did in fact visit Martin in the hospital…even though Martin said nobody contacted him from the team….that was outright lie by Martin and Dungy let him get away with it.

It was a **** interview. Total garbage.

I am looking forward to the day when we don't talk about those two anymore

I'm sure we'll play against Incognito's new team at some point, so I'll be looking forward to discussing the free penalty yards.

I gotta say I called it the moment the council was named ... Dungy has an agenda and you see it when he reviews games. If there was ever a chance to grind his axe, he was going to take it, and he did with his Martin interview. It is a clear conflict of interests to take that interview AND be a member of the Dolphins council ... he should have either recused himself from the Council or refused the interview. Hypocrisy for him to be talking right and wrong while doing that.

This is yet another blunder for Ross. One of his appointed committee members decided to do an interview in which there was a clear conflict of interest. Not only that, but the committee member seemed to side only with Martin, without providing any context that would help paint the organization in a more realistic light. Just not a good look.

Note to Ross, you shouldn't make decisions on your club by creating new committees all the time, especially when those committees include members with no association with your organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom