Mortensen says... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mortensen says...

I live in Atlanta and Mora came on a local station as soon as the story broke to apologize. They played the whole interview which cleared things up. I will try and find a clip of the whole interview. They are joking long before the snippet that the media released. It's so obvious in the correct context that Mora is joking that it makes me sick that media distorted what was going on.

The sad part is that if Mora had said the same things about a CFL team there would never have been an issue. People would have understood he was trying to be obsurd and funny. I guess when the media is involved you can't expect an audience intelligent enough to understand subtle humor.

With your avatar youd think you would be a little more cautious supporting someone that is a liar. I heard Mora Jr.'s interview and he clearly did not sound like he was joking. That was his way of throwing out a feeler which was stupid on his behalf. Then he has to do some P.R. on his own behalf and say he was joking. Well he got one thing right.........He is a Joke!

1st down, Tomlinson 6 yards, 2nd down Inc, 3rd inc, 4th down missed 54 yard field goal to start with.

They never stopped tomlinson, never! He should have touched that ball way more then 8 times in the second half.

Good luck finding that actual scenario in the game, because it never happened.

It amazes me that people continue to ignore Cameron's pathetic history as a head coach. 18-37!!!!!!!!! That's his record as a head coach. A 32.7% winning percentage. He never even put a competitive football team on the field at Indiana.

His last year at Indiana they won at Wisconsin, 63-32, won at Michigan State, 37-28, defeated Northwestern, 56-21, beat Purdue, 13-7, and beat Kentucky, 26-15. They lost by two to Utah, who beat USC in a bowl game this year. They lost 27-14 to Ohio State, and 28-14 to Penn State. I'd say that was a pretty competitive football team.

I heard Mora Jr.'s interview and he clearly did not sound like he was joking. That was his way of throwing out a feeler which was stupid on his behalf. Then he has to do some P.R. on his own behalf and say he was joking. Well he got one thing right.........He is a Joke!

Maybe he was joking, maybe he wasn't. Maybe he sounded like he was, maybe he didn't sound like he was. The bottom line to me is this.....you just can't say stuff like that on the air. He should have known the media was going to blow that out of proportion. It's just a matter of common sense.

Cameron gave the ball to the best player in the NFL 8 times in the second half last week.

The funny thing is, if they played Marty ball, they win that game.

I'm not high on him at all.

I agree with you....IF Marty is fired i say he will be the next coach..

It amazes me that people continue to ignore Cameron's pathetic history as a head coach. 18-37!!!!!!!!! That's his record as a head coach. A 32.7% winning percentage. He never even put a competitive football team on the field at Indiana.

It amazes me that people continue to look at the past as a glimpse into the future...somebody once said, "past performace is no guarantee of future performance."

Using your logic, then Bill Bellicheck should have never gotten a chance to redeem himself after failing miserably in Cleveland or Pittsburgh was insane for hiring a Special Teams Coach from Kansas City...his name, Bill Cowher.

The fact is...whoever we hire will have to make excellent draft picks, bring some creativity to the offense, keep an aging defense playing at a high level (while developing younger replacements), & pickup productive free agents. That will have much more to do with how sucessful the next HC is than his college record.

Hiring Cam = we'll be in this exact same situation 2-3 years from now!

I dont want Cam or Marty...They shoulda never lost to the pats...Brady threw 3 picks and they still beat them...Bad coaching no doubt.

I personally like Ron Turner and his imaginative play-calling in Chicago. He seems to keep everyone involved with a good ground game and goes deep when it counts with receivers running routes where there are several options for the QB. I'm don't know much about his past coaching experience but I like the offense he runs with the offensive balance and potential for explosiveness.

The SD folks are saying that Marty put on the headset in the 2nd half and took over the play calling. Don't know if true or not

Not true! If it was you would of seen LT running all day and barely any passing combined with defense. Marty had nothing to do with the loss.

Fumble, costly headbutt and so on isnt marty ball.

If we hire Mike Shula we become the Bengals of the 80's like his brother. We are becoming more of a laughing stock all the time. The more we interview the less competent the candidates become.

If Mora Jr is hired we win 10-11 games next year. He is the spark plug that will get this ship turned around.

If we Hire Mike we will be screaming for bad stache again and lucky to win more than 4 games. :shakeno:

Mort On ESPN Radio...

Mort just gave a brief update on our coaching search.

1. Despite the interview with Mike Shula, the race is down to just three (Gailey, Mora and Cameron).
2. Cameron is currently in his second interview with the Dolphins.
3. Gailey is getting a lot of support (like from Marino) because they feel they need an offensive minded coach.
4. Mora blew Miami away in his interview and they think he could be a very successful coach his second time around.
5. At this point, Gailey seems to be a front runner right now (before conducting Cameron's second interview).
6. Mort thinks we could name our head coach tonight or tomorrow morning. If something doesn't happen by then, he expects it could take a least another week.

i hope we get cam...... i think he would be the best fit here

Back
Top Bottom