Most Optimistic Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Optimistic Offseason

'86 - I just KNEW we'd atone for that debacle I witnessed in person against NE in the AFCCG the year prior and of course we lost to those mutts twice that year, no bueno

'95 - Huzienga bought Shula every former first rounder he could find, and even though our LB's were named Beavers and Cox it still wasn't enough

'23 - I seriously thought this was the year, probably say the same thing again this summer, WTF do I know?

Well, I'm going to try to be optimistic about this offseason. I know it's already off to a rocky start with Fangio leaving to Philadelphia.

While almost any replacement likely represents a downgrade, I thought Miami needed to go to man coverage more often. The team seemingly has the personnel for that; at least with Ramsey at one corner spot. So, maybe the Dolphins get a better fit there at DC?

I'm hopeful that McDaniel will take another step forward. He's a work in process, but when was the last time Miami had an offense with so much talent and productivity? It's easy to look at the end of the season and be bitterly disappointed, but this team had two, three and four offensive linemen missing the majority of the season. And they were near the top of every offensive ranking.

Keeping the roster together will be a challenge, but "credit card" spending could make it possible. If the Dolphins are able to keep most of their free agents, we could actually see a net gain in personnel.

What are the odds Miami will suffer the same amount of injuries? That was a huge factor. I think the team was able to cover that up against lesser teams, but obviously the better teams exposed the backups.

So, it's entirely possible Miami has as much or slightly more talent entering 2024, will likely have fewer injuries and a head coach who will continue to hone his skills.

It's not all gloom and doom for our Dolphins.

Yeah but that won't happen for a looooooooooooong time because young misses Ross will take over! Lol. We're so ****ed
Meh...there's a chance she'd be different with the team than Daddy was...after seeing him fail for decades.

1. 2024
2. 2023
when we signed SUH LOL

Because
Nervous Love You GIF by Hallmark Channel

Drank the year out of remembrance but I do remember saying, "Ha! Brees or Culpepper? We can't go wrong..."

But we're the Miami F@ckin Dolphins. We're always wrong.
'06, remember distinctly my 40th birthday weekend being ruined by Culpepper and his "performance" against the Bills in week 2, sitting next to a bunch of loud mouth Bills fans at Dolphin Stadium .... gotta give them credit, first time I ever heard Culpepper referred to as "Dainty Fumblepepper". Saban and Brees coulda made magic in SFL, oh well.

Well, I'm going to try to be optimistic about this offseason. I know it's already off to a rocky start with Fangio leaving to Philadelphia.

While almost any replacement likely represents a downgrade, I thought Miami needed to go to man coverage more often. The team seemingly has the personnel for that; at least with Ramsey at one corner spot. So, maybe the Dolphins get a better fit there at DC?

I'm hopeful that McDaniel will take another step forward. He's a work in process, but when was the last time Miami had an offense with so much talent and productivity? It's easy to look at the end of the season and be bitterly disappointed, but this team had two, three and four offensive linemen missing the majority of the season. And they were near the top of every offensive ranking.

Keeping the roster together will be a challenge, but "credit card" spending could make it possible. If the Dolphins are able to keep most of their free agents, we could actually see a net gain in personnel.

What are the odds Miami will suffer the same amount of injuries? That was a huge factor. I think the team was able to cover that up against lesser teams, but obviously the better teams exposed the backups.

So, it's entirely possible Miami has as much or slightly more talent entering 2024, will likely have fewer injuries and a head coach who will continue to hone his skills.

It's not all gloom and doom for our Dolphins.
I'm going addition by subtraction with Fangio carpetbagging his ass outta town (leave AVG alone you old bastard).... just not a fit (hindsight 20/20). Gotta get this hire right, hopefully.

Drank the year out of remembrance but I do remember saying, "Ha! Brees or Culpepper? We can't go wrong..."

But we're the Miami F@ckin Dolphins. We're always wrong.
I was like...

'Culpepper can get over a knee issue versus Brees has a freaking shoulder issue.'

**** me.

During your time as a fan of the Fins, during which offseason were you most hopeful for the upcoming season. Here are my top 3 in no particular order.

This past offseason
Saban hire
Parcells hire
We’ll, I’d go back to:

-95 when we had like 16 number one picks on the team and had really high expectations.
-When we signed Jimmy Johnson in 96 after failing to meet said expectations
-When we traded for Ricky Williams
-When we hired Saban
-When we hired the Tuna
-This past off season for sure

I’d also ask a different question, which seasons were you most excited to watch the actual games in?

-I’d rank the first 15 or 16 games of this season right up there with any of them…

Last edited:
'86 - I just KNEW we'd atone for that debacle I witnessed in person against NE in the AFCCG the year prior and of course we lost to those mutts twice that year, no bueno

'95 - Huzienga bought Shula every former first rounder he could find, and even though our LB's were named Beavers and Cox it still wasn't enough

'23 - I seriously thought this was the year, probably say the same thing again this summer, WTF do I know?
1983 going into 84. Great time to be a Dolphins and Canes fan. Dan and Bernie were on the SI football edition. That was pretty big back then.

Back
Top Bottom