Most Optimistic Offseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Optimistic Offseason

I was like...

'Culpepper can get over a knee issue versus Brees has a freaking shoulder issue.'

**** me.
Yeah man, being a UCF alum, I was so optimistic we made the right decision. Medicine has come a long way since then, Brees probably gets cleared immediately nowadays, and Daunte gets another 5-7 years on the back end of his career. He was a hoss

Yeah man, being a UCF alum, I was so optimistic we made the right decision. Medicine has come a long way since then, Brees probably gets cleared immediately nowadays, and Daunte gets another 5-7 years on the back end of his career. He was a hoss

I was so excited. It didn't hit me until we lost to the Texans that ...maybe...yeah maybe...we screwed up....😂 😂

1983 going into 84. Great time to be a Dolphins and Canes fan. Dan and Bernie were on the SI football edition. That was pretty big back then.
No doubt @Virginia99 , at least the Phins got there, too bad it was a home game for the 69'ers. I legit thought we'd be back in the SB with Dan 10 times after that.

I was so excited. It didn't hit me until we lost to the Texans that ...maybe...yeah maybe...we screwed up....😂 😂
Yep, and i remember posting a thread about "Houston?.... we have a problem"

Houston We Have A Problem Tom Hanks GIF - Houston We Have A Problem Tom  Hanks Jim Lovell - Discover & Share GIFs

Honestly I feel pretty good going into this off season so much better than others. We are coming off two years in a row making playoffs. Trust me we been in deeper **** many other years.
But I was hoping for playoffs in back to back years to lay a foundation. So my expectations were not like some others here .

I also was concerned going into this year because everybody kept saying bills window was closed. I didn’t like them in that position. I knew they would be tough. Now maybe their window is a little tighter with salary cap.

I think people will write us off for next year. With our easier schedule and McDaniel and Grier clearly seeing our weaknesses I like our chances.

Only thing I don’t like is that Grier said this year was our year to have injuries and no changes to strength conditioning team
While last year at season ending conference he said he never saw so many injuries since 2017 or 2018.
So why is he saying it is just our year to be injured.

Our injuries are too many. It needs addressed. You can’t tell me otherwise.
I have data that shows some teams are very very healthy.

Anyways back to the main thread

I was optimistic going into 93 but Marino and entire team got hurt.

I was not optimistic going into 95 season we signed a bunch of junk. Big deal. They were all first rounders that were bust or old. Some of you guys set yourself up for disappointment if you were optimistic that we signed Steve entman and Garry Clark.

Last edited:
'86 - I just KNEW we'd atone for that debacle I witnessed in person against NE in the AFCCG the year prior and of course we lost to those mutts twice that year, no bueno

'95 - Huzienga bought Shula every former first rounder he could find, and even though our LB's were named Beavers and Cox it still wasn't enough

'23 - I seriously thought this was the year, probably say the same thing again this summer, WTF do I know?
Aubrey Beavers! We had like 20 former no 1s on the squad. Problem was they were all washed up - Emtman, Gary Clark, and so on

1984-14-2 lost in the Super Bowl, but I was positive
that with a player like Marino we'd be a perennial Super Bowl champion for years to come. 40 years later that super bowl never arrived and being an old man and once had the pleasure as a child to bear witness to a Dolphin Super Bowl. I just hope you young one's won't have to wait 3-4-5 decades to witness the joy I had as a little child.

During your time as a fan of the Fins, during which offseason were you most hopeful for the upcoming season. Here are my top 3 in no particular order.

This past offseason
Saban hire
Parcells hire
When we hired Jimmy Johnson we hired the best coach/talent evaluator in the league. I was super hyped for that and thought he would bring multiple super bowls to Miami.
I was most hopeful we would win the Super Bowl this year. A close 2nd would be Shula’s last year when we signed all those free agents.

During your time as a fan of the Fins, during which offseason were you most hopeful for the upcoming season. Here are my top 3 in no particular order.

This past offseason
Saban hire
Parcells hire
I was excited as I ever was this last offseason. I got duped. Won’t get excited again until we‘re in the AFC championship game

Back
Top Bottom