Most Optimistic Offseason | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Optimistic Offseason

After we lost the playoff game to the Chargers in 1981 I felt 1982 was going to be good which it was as we went to the SB

The 1984 season because Marino had done great in 1983 and of course we went to the SB

The year we got Jimmy Johnson brought me a lot of hope so those are the 3

sorry but I've been skeptic for years now as this team has let me down so many times so now i'm cautiously optimistic at best.

'86 - I just KNEW we'd atone for that debacle I witnessed in person against NE in the AFCCG the year prior and of course we lost to those mutts twice that year, no bueno

'95 - Huzienga bought Shula every former first rounder he could find, and even though our LB's were named Beavers and Cox it still wasn't enough

'23 - I seriously thought this was the year, probably say the same thing again this summer, WTF do I know?
Same for me on 1995. As young as I was, I knew 1984 was going to awesome after watching Marino in 1983.

Those are probably my top two.

Did he actually have a chance to throw an actual pass? I just remember him going in for his first play and getting demolished from that hit and we never ever saw him again
Not sure but I recall people saying in training camp that he couldn’t throw the ball which was weird since…you know…he was drafted in the 2nd as a qb.

During your time as a fan of the Fins, during which offseason were you most hopeful for the upcoming season. Here are my top 3 in no particular order.

This past offseason
Saban hire
Parcells hire

1993 - coming off of the afc championship game and reloading the way we did man it was on....until Dan got hurt and it went down in flames

1994 - Dan comes back and we were rollin!

1995 - we had everyone ready to go...Coach Shula went all out to bring in players he thought would get it done and shut up the people questioning whether he still had it...fate had other plans...

Drank the year out of remembrance but I do remember saying, "Ha! Brees or Culpepper? We can't go wrong..."

But we're the Miami F@ckin Dolphins. We're always wrong.
I have to admit… the Brees shoulder injury worried me (at the time). I actually was ok with the Culpepper decision — and was 100% wrong.

1983 going into 84. Great time to be a Dolphins and Canes fan. Dan and Bernie were on the SI football edition. That was pretty big back then.
Yes. It was my freshman year at university in 1984. I was very optimistic about the Dolphins.

This fall that’s 40 years ago. Good lord.

I was also optimistic about JJ coaching here as well as Saban.

As the years pass I still follow the team. Im a bit more jaded these days.

During your time as a fan of the Fins, during which offseason were you most hopeful for the upcoming season. Here are my top 3 in no particular order.

This past offseason
Saban hire
Parcells hire
Saban hire for sure of these 2 choices for me. The enormous letdown with Culpepper at the helm was huge after the 1st game of the season if I remember correctly.

Yes. It was my freshman year at university in 1984. I was very optimistic about the Dolphins.

This fall that’s 40 years ago. Good lord.

I was also optimistic about JJ coaching here as well as Saban.

As the years pass I still follow the team. Im a bit more jaded these days.
Yeah, time flies. 84 was a temporary set back for the U. I was at the Flutie game! Jimmy had them cranking a year later.

Back
Top Bottom