Most underrated/overrated players on team and league | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most underrated/overrated players on team and league

ricky williams said:
i think marino deserves to be in the hall of fame and that he is a great quarterback in his own right. but i think stats aren't always a measuring stick of your greatness either. everyone says you can't judge marino because he never had talent around him. we were preseason picks to go to the superbowl many of years and we had lines that gave outstanding pretection but we never did. he was great but it never seemed like it was great at the critical times of playoffs or late in the season. i personally like the qb who in the 4th quater w/ 2:00 left in superbowl has the best performance of his life. until dan can do that w/ he can't, then he ranks farther down the line in terms of best qb's of all time. top 20 but not top 5.

marino had like 46 4th quarter comeback wins in his career....

Slappy8800 said:
overrated: Vick
underrated:
over hyped: Roethlisberger

Why is Vick overrated? WHo can do what he does? He wins more than twice the games than he loses.

The Falcons suck without him.

I cant understand why alot of fans say he is overrated.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Why is Vick overrated? WHo can do what he does? He wins more than twice the games than he loses.

The Falcons suck without him.

I cant understand why alot of fans say he is overrated.

I agree with this.

People say he's overrated just because he does not put up Peyton Manning type PASSING numbers.

But look at his numbers as a whole. The man rushed for more yards than the whole Dolphins team last year.

As a WHOLE player, he's one of the best. Besides, he got the west coast offense thrown in his face. Once he has it completely down pat, look out.

The records will fall. (but, not Marino's of course ;) )

Wagon Circler said:
I just don't buy into the Michael Vick love-a-thon. He's a great mobile qb, but that's all, and that's not going to get it done in this league.

...So getting to the NFC Championship in only your second year in the west coast offense isn't "getting it done?"

That's way more than the Bills or Dolphins have done lately.

Wagon Circler said:
By getting it done I mean winning it all. He will never do that in my opinion.

Only time will tell.

I think he's got a pretty fair shot this year if you ask me.

Overrated-Kendrell Bell
Underrated-Bertrand Berry

I don't know if anyone on the Phins is overrated/underrated, but if I had to pick someone who is overrated I would probably go with Boston and if I had to go with someone who is underrated I would go with Tebucky Jones.

I'm gonna do a little Safety version of this.

Overrated - Roy Williams.

Underrated - Troy Polamalu (should be mentioned in the top 3 with Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins.)

I think that people are expecting Vick to have #'s like Manning and Brady. A QB is a leader ot your team and also he wins games for you. The last time i checked, Vick is the reason why the Falcons went so far last year. People got to understand that Vick is a special QB that does something that the other QB's dont do.

well a QB is supposed to throw TD's.....he cant do that...the falcons suck WITH him nevermind without him

djfresh47 said:
Overrated-Kendrell Bell
Underrated-Bertrand Berry

I don't know if anyone on the Phins is overrated/underrated, but if I had to pick someone who is overrated I would probably go with Boston and if I had to go with someone who is underrated I would go with Tebucky Jones.

How can you say that berry is underrrated, when he is rated top 5 best D/ends. i agree that he is good, but not underrated.

Slappy8800 said:
well a QB is supposed to throw TD's.....he cant do that...the falcons suck WITH him nevermind without him

No, the Falcons suck without him and the do great with him.

Back
Top Bottom