Moving Hunt to that LG spot... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Hunt to that LG spot...

Id rather another year of the development of Jackson-Flowers-Karras-Kindley-Hunt with a true #1 than add Pewei to this and go another year with this receiving group

I think that a 6'1" guy can play on the flank. Would I rather he was 6'4" and had similar speed? Yes, but many great receivers have been shorter. Olave might be the best route-runner in the class and that would play to Tua's strength of anticipation.

Clemson's Ross looks the part of a flanker. LSU's Marshall has impressed a lot of people. T. Terry is another one...

I still think the biggest difference between the ones that I've mentioned and the first round guys is mostly hype... There are some good receivers to be had in the second, and maybe even, third rounds. And having so many early picks means that we can move around for the guy we like that might slide a bit. I just don't see taking a WR in the fist ten picks as a value play... Oh, we may do it, but it is about my 4th or 5th choice
Marshall and Olave are very interesting players that should be available early in the 2nd round, reaching for a WR @#3 is a great way to waste a pick. I do not see Calvin Johnson in this draft, correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Actually, if Sewell is drafted he should play RT instead of LT. With Tua being a lefty, the right side is his blind side.
Switching sides is more difficult than you might expect. I recall reading that one player referenced it as wiping your posterior with the other hand......

Marshall and Olave are very interesting players that should be available early in the 2nd round, reaching for a WR @#3 is a great way to waste a pick. I do not see Calvin Johnson in this draft, correct me if I'm wrong guys.
That has been EXACTLY my point. The 'bama receivers are smart, well coached, and talented WRs, but neither is even remotely a plus physical specimen.

Have there been star receivers who have lacked size? Yes, dozens of them, but they have to make it despite their physical lack. If I'm going to go top 10 on a WR, I want a guy who has everything that these guys have... and size too. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones...

Switching sides is more difficult than you might expect. I recall reading that one player referenced it as wiping your posterior with the other hand......
Changing your position during the season is hard... being told months ahead of time that you are going to be moved is what happens to almost every Offensive Lineman since the dawn of football.

Last edited:
It can have challenges, but it's no more challenging for Sewell than it would be for Jackson.

no. move jackson to guard if you are going to move someone. if not put this kid at g. he is nasty

Changing your position during the season is hard... being told months ahead of time that you are going to be moved is what happens to almost every Offensive Lineman since the dawn of football.
still very hard for the majority of the guys. it can definitely been done, but some of the guys I've coached say its like learning how to write with your opposite hand. I had a kid one time that just couldn't play on the right, we switched him to left and it was like a miracle happened. definitely doable just may take a ton of time with some guys. i think at the guard positon it is way easier

still very hard for the majority of the guys. it can definitely been done, but some of the guys I've coached say its like learning how to write with your opposite hand. I had a kid one time that just couldn't play on the right, we switched him to left and it was like a miracle happened. definitely doable just may take a ton of time with some guys. i think at the guard positon it is way easier
If you take any highly competant tackle, and move him to gaurd, you are instantly cutting his career earning potential in half.

You may not care, but the player and his agent surely will.

How do you think that player will react? Better off just trading him, rather than having a locker room malcontent.

Before you even start with "the good of the team" stuff, ask yourself how you would take to your employer drastically cutting your pay, for "the good of the company".

If you take any highly competant tackle, and move him to gaurd, you are instantly cutting his career earning potential in half.

How do you think that player will react? Better off just trading him, rather than having a locker room malcontent.

Before you even start with "the good of the team" stuff, ask yourself how you would take to your employer drastically cutting your pay, for "the good of the company".
i move jackson before hunt. this kid is on another level. if the chips fall that way. I'm saying ways you make it work. the team is going to do whats best for the team. and you cant make that example with any of the linemen on this roster. NONE of them are at that level. If you want to win multiple championships, it is team first. If its not you leave. period.

i move jackson before hunt. this kid is on another level. if the chips fall that way. I'm saying ways you make it work. the team is going to do whats best for the team. and you cant make that example with any of the linemen on this roster. NONE of them are at that level. If you want to win multiple championships, it is team first. If its not you leave. period.
OK, but I have to believe you are in a pretty small minority with your view.

Jackson has a ceiling of a very good tackle in the league, IMO. I don't screw with that.

Jackson is NOT a guard, wrong build.

I understand that some just can't, but I think the better ones can. Sewell has actually played RT before... it was in HS, but he has done it.
During the interview process, I'm sure it would be discussed if we were serious about drafting him. I certainly wouldn't draft him and then say, "guess what?".

Back
Top Bottom