Moving Hunt to that LG spot... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Hunt to that LG spot...

Why exactly do we need to replace Flowers and Karras immediately? Flowers is playing just fine at LG and we very well could extend Karras as he has been playing that well. If Hunt did kick inside it would be to RG not LG, literally nothing about your thread makes any sense.
Karras play has been “mediocre”...not “just fine”....he’s ok until you upgrade...but unless he improves over time he’s not good enough.

I just don't see how you could say no to Sewell unless, of course, you trade back with a team starved for line talent. That kid is a beast. If he's available at our pick we will have trade offers for sure.

Ja'Marr Chase should be in that conversation if you're looking at college production. His season with Burrow at QB, before he opted out, was one of the most dominating performances by a WR in college football. 84 receptions, 1780 yards and 20 TDs...he was uncoverable. To average over 20 yards per reception on 84 receptions is ridiculous.
I remember some Dolphin receiver averaging 25.1 yards per catch.

We could use that around here.

I just don't see how you could say no to Sewell unless, of course, you trade back with a team starved for line talent. That kid is a beast. If he's available at our pick we will have trade offers for sure.

Thank you. Too many seem to claim Miami HAS TO pick Sewell and/or WILL draft him. FH needs more who make it opinion instead of fact. Sadly, I disagree. Not saying Flo/Grier WON'T pick him, but, for now, no one knows how the staff see Jackson/Hunt as OTs. I've said elsewhere, if they are seen as potential top 10 OTs, I have serious doubts Miami will spend a #3 (for now) to get a better OT when WR/edge/LB have such significant needs. TBF, if the plans are Hunt>OG, that changes things.

I pay little attention to mocks, but, from the little I've seen, if Miami trades down a little (e.g., 5-7) they still have some nice talent available. depends on their priorities and targets.

I think from what I’ve heard if Sewell is there we take him. Juggle the line anyway we need too and hopefully Sewell, Kindley, Jackson, and Hunt are pieces for a long time. Should be good enough to ride rookie RB’s and never pay one which is the strategy I like.

Sewell is a generational talent, Sewell is a great talent, but the name of the game is to continue to move forward, our line will be fine, but an elite LB turns our very special Defense into something scary...An elite WR turns our passing attack into something to worry about if you're playing Miami...An elite Pass-rusher makes it very uncomfortable for QBs.

If we're in Position number 3 or 4, Sewell is there, we try to find a team that will give us what we want...If possible, trade down, but not out of the top 10 or possible 5, and get an extra, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, then with the pick take one of those elite players from those three positions.

At the moment we sit at number 4 with the Texans pick (more games to be played today) and it got me think, we have a chance to really sure up this line.

Hunt was projected to be a better guard then tackle and we could be in position to take Penei Sewell to protect Tua’s blind side...

Flowers and Karras need to be replaced immediately
I thought Hunt played his best at LG

Sewell is a generational talent, Sewell is a great talent, but the name of the game is to continue to move forward, our line will be fine, but an elite LB turns our very special Defense into something scary...An elite WR turns our passing attack into something to worry about if you're playing Miami...An elite Pass-rusher makes it very uncomfortable for QBs.

If we're in Position number 3 or 4, Sewell is there, we try to find a team that will give us what we want...If possible, trade down, but not out of the top 10 or possible 5, and get an extra, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, then with the pick take one of those elite players from those three positions.
I like the idea but there are only two teams in this years draft that have two #1s. They are the two teams picking ahead of us. So trading away the pick seems unlikely unless it's for under valued picks.

I thin
Thank you. Too many seem to claim Miami HAS TO pick Sewell and/or WILL draft him. FH needs more who make it opinion instead of fact. Sadly, I disagree. Not saying Flo/Grier WON'T pick him, but, for now, no one knows how the staff see Jackson/Hunt as OTs. I've said elsewhere, if they are seen as potential top 10 OTs, I have serious doubts Miami will spend a #3 (for now) to get a better OT when WR/edge/LB have such significant needs. TBF, if the plans are Hunt>OG, that changes things.

I pay little attention to mocks, but, from the little I've seen, if Miami trades down a little (e.g., 5-7) they still have some nice talent available. depends on their priorities and targets.

With Elandon out it's very possible Parsons is the object of their affection. If this is the case i can see them trading out of #3 and taking the risk that he'd still be there at a later pick. If he isn't they could easily turn their attention to a top WR. We have great options at the positions we need to fill. LB, WR RB Edge rusher is where i see us going. Now if they did take Sewell? How could anyone really be upset with that?

If we were to draft Sewell, I think it's more likely the line would be:

Sewell
Jackson
Karras
Kindley
Hunt

Or

Sewell
Kindley
Karras
Hunt
Jackson

Should be no scenario where Sewell isn't your LT from day one if you draft him at 3rd overall.

If we were to draft Sewell, I think it's more likely the line would be:

Sewell
Jackson
Karras
Kindley
Hunt

Or

Sewell
Kindley
Karras
Hunt
Jackson

Should be no scenario where Sewell isn't your LT from day one if you draft him at 3rd overall.
Actually, if Sewell is drafted he should play RT instead of LT. With Tua being a lefty, the right side is his blind side.

Back
Top Bottom