Moving Hunt to that LG spot... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Hunt to that LG spot...

At last our Oline is NOT the problem so please, lets not mess with it and instead lets focus on what we really need like WR,RB,LB, pass rusher and DT

I don’t know how often we see Eye to eye I but in this regard I agree, I think that you look at linebacker and wide receiver with the first round picks and running back with one of the second round picks.

then you use the large number of picks to maneuver around and get exactly who you want. Because free agency would’ve already happened and some other holes will be plugged so I doubt many people third round on will have a huge shot to make the team but if you pick one or two specific guys to plug into an area than you could really really round out the roster.

my ideal kind of draft would be...

1A MLB like a parsons

1B WR but a home run guy like Waddle got plenty of sure handed tough guys need a burner to really open up the offense to TUAs strengths

2A FS, Rowe is great at covering TEs and Jones has sure tackling SS written all over him need a guy who can patrol

2B RB I personally think this is the sweet spot because a lot of guys will come down to this point and be available

3rd-7th trade and maneuver to get who you want like they did with Kindley

Is it the problem? No.... can it be better? yes.
Sure, every unit could get better but you can't have an all pro at every position. you win by scoring points and I mean a lot of points in today's NFL so we need to get better at the skill positions. The Oline is good enough but we don't have the play makers you need in order to win a SB.

This is the Jeff Ireland approach to roster building. Cut good players to replace with younger guys for no reason. Hunt is playing well at RT, Flowers is playing even better at LG. Why would we create a hole instead of filling pressing needs at LB, DE, or WR?
How you feeling about flowers?

Um no.

Now that our oline is doing well you want to change it? Is this your first year rooting for this team?

Flowers and Karras are doing admirably and this oline with 4 new starters is still getting used to one another.

What you would have been better off saying is that we should bring in guys as depth in case those guys get injured.
if we have a chance to get Sewell is going to be difficult to pass on that

Anyone who has ever seriously attempted to claim that they believe in Best Player Available over immediate need has to argue for drafting Penei Sewell or Micah Parsons (or maybe even Rousseau). These guys are all considered the truly stand out players at their positions. All three of these guys just DOMINATED as sophomores... and all three of them are considered to be head and shoulders above their contemporaries. If you argue for a WR over these guys, never again claim to believe in BPA, because you just don't.

if we have a chance to get Sewell is going to be difficult to pass on that
You can draft Sewell and move Jackson to Tua's blindside, where Tua will just get killed cause Jackson sucks, and miss out on every elite WR in the draft. No Chase, Smith, Waddle, Bateman for sure...not before our pick.

Is it the problem? No.... can it be better? yes.
It could always be better, like with a real offseason to review, refresh, and get stronger. Picking OL with #4 is a luxury we can not afford, with the skill level talent needs we have. The Raider game pointed out some youth flaws in what we put out there but the guy's we have now can compete and eventually dominate. The highest sopt to pick on this OL is Center not Tackle. Advocating for Sewell, who probably won't be there, is what gets GM's fired.

Anyone who has ever seriously attempted to claim that they believe in Best Player Available over immediate need has to argue for drafting Penei Sewell or Micah Parsons (or maybe even Rousseau). These guys are all considered the truly stand out players at their positions. All three of these guys just DOMINATED as sophomores... and all three of them are considered to be head and shoulders above their contemporaries. If you argue for a WR over these guys, never again claim to believe in BPA, because you just don't.

Scream it.

Ja'Marr Chase should be in that conversation if you're looking at college production. His season with Burrow at QB, before he opted out, was one of the most dominating performances by a WR in college football. 84 receptions, 1780 yards and 20 TDs...he was uncoverable. To average over 20 yards per reception on 84 receptions is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom