Must read for Real Fans!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Must read for Real Fans!!!

saves said:
Yes because history has shown, to make it in this leauge you need a 1st overall QB.
nope, you need a franchise QB. and we need a QB more than any other position. and leinart is the best QB available this year, so therefore....we should get him. if i thought jay cutler was the best QB this year, i wouldn't suggest trading up to get him, i'd just say to draft him in the 2nd round. see how it works? i'm not saying WE HAVE TO MOVE UP AND GET A FRANCHISE QB TO WIN, i'm saying WE HAVE TO GET MATT LEINART

NCDolphan said:
This is a post to those of you I deem, the "so-called fans" of the Miami Dolphins. It sickens me to see these posts about, "why watch now" or "Hope we lose so we can pick higher". One word for you ... WAAAAA! Cry me a river, so we aren't going to the playoffs this year. I watch EVERY single game because I am a real Fan. Those of you that can watch a game and hope we lose make me sick. If you want the number 1 pick so bad then pull for frickin Houston. Wonder why we struggle to sell out a home game. I hate that some fans of MY team are so fake. If you agree with me, then I apologize and you are welcome over for Ribs and cold beer for the Raider game.

Sincerely,
Patient Fan who understands it takes time to build a TEAM!

P.S. If you take offense to this then you are whom I speak of.

I understand your passion, but I don't agree with your opinion or method. I never want this team to loose and it's a very tough position to know your favorite team doesn't have what it takes to compete. So what are your choices as a fan?? Do you continue the blind faith, or do you wise up and look at the big picture?? Well that depends on the inividule. Some, like you, would never want the team to loose even if hoping they finish 5-11 rather then 4-12. Are you a fan, are you the best kind of fan?? In your eyes yes. I think you're a fan and a great fan. On the other hand, I would rather things went differently. At the beginning of the season your hopes for this team were no different then mine, I was very hopeful for this team, but it became clear Sabans system wasn't gonna happen overnight. So here we are as fans at the crossroads. Do we pray for each and every win, knowing full well we are out of the playoff race, or do we look ahead to the future knowing full well what losing will bring.

Two fans with two views, both love their team, but look at the situation facing the team differently. You want to win every game no matter what. But if we win just 2 more games, where does that leave the team?? 5-11 and no playoffs and way out of the race for Lienart or Bush or whomever Saban uses as trade bait. None the less, we lose very valuable drafting position. You don't see this?? Well if you do or don't thats fine, but many fans understand how to play the game. Not that you don't, but you are closing the door to being a true force sooner rather then maybe never. Saban and Mueller are draft gurus and one of their biggest strengths, why not take advantage of that??

With losing comes all kinds of problems and this is just one, if this team were winning this thread wouldn't exist. Try and understand that there are more views and opinions then yours. As long as in the end the fans want whats best for the team , be it today or next year we all want this team to be the best. So don't attack people just because they see things from a different angle then you.

i do hope we lose every game for the rest of the year cause we need a top 5 which will be huge for us in the future.

we have a lot of needs and moving up in every round will help saban get the players he needs.

whats the point of finishing 9-7 instead of 3-13? we still have the same problems with either record and 3-13 would help us more for the future cause we can get a real stud, no matter what position he plays.

kastofsna120 said:
you're right, stats are the most important thing when scouting a quarterback for the NFL

draft cody hodges

we should get timmy chang. he had monster stats in college!

dolfanate1 said:
leinart is overrated, and has the best offensive cast in the country. Brady Quinn is a better pro QB

neither right now is the better PRO qb cause both haven't done jack crap in the NFL.

feelthepain said:
I understand your passion, but I don't agree with your opinion or method. I never want this team to loose and it's a very tough position to know your favorite team doesn't have what it takes to compete. So what are your choices as a fan?? Do you continue the blind faith, or do you wise up and look at the big picture?? Well that depends on the inividule. Some, like you, would never want the team to loose even if hoping they finish 5-11 rather then 4-12. Are you a fan, are you the best kind of fan?? In your eyes yes. I think you're a fan and a great fan. On the other hand, I would rather things went differently. At the beginning of the season your hopes for this team were no different then mine, I was very hopeful for this team, but it became clear Sabans system wasn't gonna happen overnight. So here we are as fans at the crossroads. Do we pray for each and every win, knowing full well we are out of the playoff race, or do we look ahead to the future knowing full well what losing will bring.

Two fans with two views, both love their team, but look at the situation facing the team differently. You want to win every game no matter what. But if we win just 2 more games, where does that leave the team?? 5-11 and no playoffs and way out of the race for Lienart or Bush or whomever Saban uses as trade bait. None the less, we lose very valuable drafting position. You don't see this?? Well if you do or don't thats fine, but many fans understand how to play the game. Not that you don't, but you are closing the door to being a true force sooner rather then maybe never. Saban and Mueller are draft gurus and one of their biggest strengths, why not take advantage of that??

With losing comes all kinds of problems and this is just one, if this team were winning this thread wouldn't exist. Try and understand that there are more views and opinions then yours. As long as in the end the fans want whats best for the team , be it today or next year we all want this team to be the best. So don't attack people just because they see things from a different angle then you.

nice post. i agree with everything in it. get better draft pick slot cause it will help in the FUTURE!

death7star said:
i do hope we lose every game for the rest of the year cause we need a top 5 which will be huge for us in the future.

we have a lot of needs and moving up in every round will help saban get the players he needs.

whats the point of finishing 9-7 instead of 3-13? we still have the same problems with either record and 3-13 would help us more for the future cause we can get a real stud, no matter what position he plays.
Top 5 is the worst thing for us. It will force us into the position of having 2 top 5 picks on our roster forever f'ing up our cap. And god help us if the top 5 player we pick is a qb we're looking at 1/5th of our cap invested in 2 players; 1 playing at a position (RB) where the players tend to burn out after 6-7 good years

kastofsna120 said:
nope, you need a franchise QB. and we need a QB more than any other position. and leinart is the best QB available this year, so therefore....we should get him. if i thought jay cutler was the best QB this year, i wouldn't suggest trading up to get him, i'd just say to draft him in the 2nd round. see how it works? i'm not saying WE HAVE TO MOVE UP AND GET A FRANCHISE QB TO WIN, i'm saying WE HAVE TO GET MATT LEINART

These Leinart Lovers have their heads do far lodged in bewteen Leinart's legs to realize he has the best running game in college football history.

I'm not gonna go so far as to say Young is better though. I give Young maybe 3-4 NFL starts at QB. Doesn't have it to play at next level.

I also don't give a F what happens as far as W-L the rest of the year. I just want to see some good signs and see some guys step up and show they are players. 0-6 I'm sick to ym stomaqch a little but reggie bush's value to trade or a high pick we can trade for multiple picks will lift my spirits. 6-0 and im pretty excited and maybe even ready for a playoff game.....or not. Either way we aren't winning the super bowl this year. Draft day wont be as great then though.

For all you "real fans".....If you would rather beat the jets in december in a meaningless game and not get right to trade reggie bush then you just don't get it. These are the same guys who think you should play your starters after you have home field advantage.

Boik14 said:
Possibly. We'll also have to shell out double what we needed to sign Ronnie. No thanks. No one player is worth 1/5th of your cap in the salary cap era. But I dont think it'll come to that cause I dont think Nick will ever pick a QB in rd 1 cause he knows that just leads to salary cap hell

Thats the most important fact right there. Having back to back top 2 picks would KILL our cap situation for the future. When they both get the the backend of there deals our FO will be in tears. Linehart is going to get atleast 25 mil signing bonus. I like linehart but: A. we should never sacrifice a game for a player and if, you have that mentality you are pretty much a puss, and B: 1 player is not the answer to what we need as a team its more important to keep the morale of our team up rather than tanking a season and have no confidence, not to mention veterans and players in general will not by into sabans system if we aren't winning.

Jim C. from NJ said:
These Leinart Lovers have their heads do far lodged in bewteen Leinart's legs to realize he has the best running game in college football history.
what's that have to do with leinart's abilities as a quarterback? absolutely nothing

Boik14 said:
Top 5 is the worst thing for us.

Not if Saban trades out of the position!! Still there is some serious talent in the up coming draft. Saban's ability to draft is a strength, He looks for more then talent and we are also well under the cap we are in good position to negotiate.

kastofsna120 said:
what's that have to do with leinart's abilities as a quarterback? absolutely nothing

In football, having a great running game tends to help the QB

Jim C. from NJ said:
In football, having a great running game tends to help the QB
doesn't matter what kind of running game you got if you make great decisions and are extremely accurate with the ball. and all the other great things he does.....etc

feelthepain said:
Not if Saban trades out of the position!! Still there is some serious talent in the up coming draft. Saban's ability to draft is a strength, He looks for more then talent and we are also well under the cap we are in good position to negotiate.
Yeah but we couldnt get true value for our draft position last year so what makes you think that would happen for us. To depend on something like that happening while team morale drops is dumb.

Boik14 said:
Yeah but we couldnt get true value for our draft position last year so what makes you think that would happen for us. To depend on something like that happening while team morale drops is dumb.

Because there wasn't nearly the talent that there is this year. Brown IMO was the best player in the draft. This year there is Leinart,Bush,Furgeson,Williams,Hawk maybe V.Young, B.Quinn...althougth I think Quinn will stay in school. But you can see the talent depth at the top this year is far deeper then last year more options for trading out of position. Plus Saban could use Ricky to add to the value of the trade. This years draft is nothing like last year.

Back
Top Bottom