Must read for Real Fans!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Must read for Real Fans!!!

feelthepain said:
Because there wasn't nearly the talent that there is this year. Brown IMO was the best player in the draft. This year there is Lienart,Bush,Furgeson,Williams,Hawk maybe V.Young, B.Quinn...althougth I think Quinn will stay in school. But you can see the talent depth at the top this year is far deeper then last year more options for trading out of position. Plus Saban could use Ricky to add to the value of the trade. This years draft is nothing like last year.
To wish for a top 5 pick solely for the basis of trading the pick isnt the answer. If you cant deal it youre stuck with it. And that spells cap hell. i wont even get into the fact I dont like V Young or Jimmy Williams (at least not at CB). And if you trade down you may miss the guy you really want? No thanks. You win what you can this year. You need that momentum to attract FA's who want to see that youre going in the right direction. It helps you sell them on your city and your team. I f'ing hate the quitter attitude. It doesnt help your team now, it doesnt help the team later, do not pass go do not collect $200, just go to jail :D

NCDolphan said:
This is a post to those of you I deem, the "so-called fans" of the Miami Dolphins. It sickens me to see these posts about, "why watch now" or "Hope we lose so we can pick higher". One word for you ... WAAAAA! Cry me a river, so we aren't going to the playoffs this year. I watch EVERY single game because I am a real Fan. Those of you that can watch a game and hope we lose make me sick. If you want the number 1 pick so bad then pull for frickin Houston. Wonder why we struggle to sell out a home game. I hate that some fans of MY team are so fake. If you agree with me, then I apologize and you are welcome over for Ribs and cold beer for the Raider game.

Sincerely,
Patient Fan who understands it takes time to build a TEAM!

P.S. If you take offense to this then you are whom I speak of.

Great post, dude. I, too, want to see us win as many games as we can. I HATE watching the team lose. I get so damn pissed! :fire: :tongue: But really, I'd rather see this team get a decent draft pick (10-15), than see the Phinz try to tank games just to get a top 5 draft pick. I have faith Saban will get this thing turned around within the next season or two. Rome wasn't built in a day....a football team isn't built in one season.

Some people refuse to see the truth. If you try explaining it to them, they just get defensive or start jumping off the bandwagon. I say let 'em....they're not true fans. When the team starts winning again, they're gonna hop back on the bandwagon, as sad as it may seem. True fans don't abandon their team no matter how bad they are. Ain't that right?

feelthepain said:
I understand your passion, but I don't agree with your opinion or method. I never want this team to loose and it's a very tough position to know your favorite team doesn't have what it takes to compete. So what are your choices as a fan?? Do you continue the blind faith, or do you wise up and look at the big picture?? Well that depends on the inividule. Some, like you, would never want the team to loose even if hoping they finish 5-11 rather then 4-12. Are you a fan, are you the best kind of fan?? In your eyes yes. I think you're a fan and a great fan. On the other hand, I would rather things went differently. At the beginning of the season your hopes for this team were no different then mine, I was very hopeful for this team, but it became clear Sabans system wasn't gonna happen overnight. So here we are as fans at the crossroads. Do we pray for each and every win, knowing full well we are out of the playoff race, or do we look ahead to the future knowing full well what losing will bring.

Two fans with two views, both love their team, but look at the situation facing the team differently. You want to win every game no matter what. But if we win just 2 more games, where does that leave the team?? 5-11 and no playoffs and way out of the race for Lienart or Bush or whomever Saban uses as trade bait. None the less, we lose very valuable drafting position. You don't see this?? Well if you do or don't thats fine, but many fans understand how to play the game. Not that you don't, but you are closing the door to being a true force sooner rather then maybe never. Saban and Mueller are draft gurus and one of their biggest strengths, why not take advantage of that??

With losing comes all kinds of problems and this is just one, if this team were winning this thread wouldn't exist. Try and understand that there are more views and opinions then yours. As long as in the end the fans want whats best for the team , be it today or next year we all want this team to be the best. So don't attack people just because they see things from a different angle then you.

Nice post and your right everyone should respect everyones views as long as it is for making the team better.
I guess I feel it would be more important for us to get some of the people we have on the team now to start producing like we want instead of pinning our hopes on a high draft choice. I feel even more strongly about this if our first pick is to be a QB. A highly drafted QB is about the riskiest pick a team can make in the draft. First off because it takes a pile of money to get them to sign. Then it takes time to get acclimated to the NFL and a new team and so on. Plus they may be a bust and that could REALLY hurt us cap wise, not to mention time frame wise. I hope the players we have now can step up thier play and buy into this system and give us a good foundation for being a tough team next season. I just can't hope everyone on our team plays bad so we can get one guy that could be good. I hope we win and get better with the guys we have now and improve our team through the draft no matter where we pick at. But I WILL continue to root for the Dolphins to win. As long as they are out there in the Aqua and Orange playing with heart and determination I will hope they win. There are plenty of good players available in the mid to late rounds and identifying them is what usually will make for a good long term draft year.
I guess I just have a problem with fans rooting against the team they claim to be fans of. If people just said they didn't care if we won or lost now I could understand. But when it's our ball 4th and goal at the 1yd line down by 4 with 10 seconds left in the game and I'm praying we hand it to Ronnie or Ricky and screaming in joy or grief after the play......... then I imagine somewhere some dolfan, sitting with a jets, bills, and pats fan, chantting D-Fence the whole time hoping we lose. I hate to think I'd be considered like that person if we are both considered dolfans. I believe there are times when you have to take your lumps and go through tough times. I just don't agree to wishing those lumps and tough times upon the team you claim to be a fan of. I see the big picture and understand the thinking behind it. Philisophically I just think it is wrong and will not help to promote winning for the guys we have on our roster now.

NCDolphan said:
This is a post to those of you I deem, the "so-called fans" of the Miami Dolphins. It sickens me to see these posts about, "why watch now" or "Hope we lose so we can pick higher". One word for you ... WAAAAA! Cry me a river, so we aren't going to the playoffs this year. I watch EVERY single game because I am a real Fan. Those of you that can watch a game and hope we lose make me sick. If you want the number 1 pick so bad then pull for frickin Houston. Wonder why we struggle to sell out a home game. I hate that some fans of MY team are so fake. If you agree with me, then I apologize and you are welcome over for Ribs and cold beer for the Raider game.

Sincerely,
Patient Fan who understands it takes time to build a TEAM!

P.S. If you take offense to this then you are whom I speak of.

Great post and one that I agree with 100%. I can see how others can say that it would be better for the franchise if they lost a game (as I said it last season in the NHL with Ovechkin) but to actually ROOT against your team makes me sick. Its something a real die hard fan doesnt do no matter what.

Whats worse is the fact that the dolphins in all likelyhood CANT get the first pick. We still have games against the Jets and Houston. I know never to count the Jets out but Houston? At 1-9 they are the best bet for the #1 overall.

One more loss and the Dolphins can kiss the playoffs goodbye this year for sure. Teams just dont get in with 8-8 records unless they are in the Packers divison. Even if we win them all its going to be hard because if I remember correctly 2 years ago we missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

There is one rule I follow with dealing with Sports. That is Root for your team and dont jump on anothers bandwagon because they are doing good. That team will fall into hardship at some point down the road as well just like your team will rebound.

I've been a White Sox fan all my life and even with the curse of Shoeless Joe hanging over our heads we still won the World Series. Living in Washington I saw all these people around me who rooted for another team jump to the Nationals this year and they are people who sicken me. If you werent an Expo's fan you should not be rooting for washington. Hometown or not.

ANyways thats just my opinion and if everyone followed it the Nationals would be doomed so I'm glad in a way they dont.

I still want the phins to win Every Game from here on out. People say what's the point of going 7-9, or 8-8 and missing the playoffs. Well the point would be going into the offseason knowing that the team played VERY well the second half of the year and we could build off that momentum. The draft isn't the only part of rebuilding or reloading a franchise. I expect Saban to be Very busy/Active in Free Agency, and I expect this team to be better next year no matter what draft picks we have.

Good post m8 , hard being a "true" fan from so far away but i want us to win every single time we get onto the field.

Anyone who wants their team to lose needs to take a long hard look at themselves

kastofsna120 said:
lol, i know what he was MVP of. i just don't care. that means absolutely nothing in the NFL. he has no arm, bad mechanics, and doesn't read the defense down the field. doesn't sound good to me. maybe in college at the citrus bowl

actually it wasn't the citrus bowl he was the MVP of. it was two tangerine bowls and the "micronpc.com bowl." very prestigous. he's quite the winner

Would like him simply because he has had some NFL experience....Has he ever actually played a down for SD - anyone know? SD must have liked him to do the trade with Eli......another thing is he a quick study? Otherwise, we might as well take whats in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom