My favorite football player of all time | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite football player of all time

My favorite Dolphin was Dan Marino.

My favorite QB of all time was Kenny Anderson; absolutely the best passing QB I ever saw, and a quiet, understated player off the field. Near the end of his career, I saw him hit a receiver who was tightly covered, in the hands while in stride. That ball traveled almost 60 yards in the air.

The fact that he had a powerful and accurate arm up until the end of his career was astonishing. He was tough as nails and never complained.

I really liked him the most.

Last edited:
I
My favorite Dolphin was Dan Marino during the 70's.

My favorite QB at that time was Kenny Anderson; absolutely the best passing QB I ever saw, and a quiet, understated player off the field. Near the end of his career, I saw him hit a receiver who was tightly covered, in the hands while in stride. That ball traveled almost 60 yards in the air.

The fact that he had a powerful and accurate arm up until the end of his career was astonishing. He was tough as nails and never complained.

It was all the coffee Ray.

For me it was Csonka when I was a kid I had a poster with kiick and csonka on it they were called butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid. Awesome poster but when Marino came along itā€™s been him and csonka at a dead tie since then. As far as non dolphins favorite itā€™s mean Joe green, great player and part of one of the best commercials ever. Also he was a defensive line coach for a short time for the Dolphins and I had the great pleasure of meeting him the night before a jet game. He couldnā€™t have been nicer a true legend on and off the field.
I had that butch and sundance poster.

In my humble opinion there is only one correct answer to this question if you are on this message board. I will however give credit for about 4 other players and not dispute your claim.

My favorite Dolphin was Dan Marino during the 70's.

My favorite QB at that time was Kenny Anderson; absolutely the best passing QB I ever saw, and a quiet, understated player off the field. Near the end of his career, I saw him hit a receiver who was tightly covered, in the hands while in stride. That ball traveled almost 60 yards in the air.

The 70's Ray? Big fan of Central Catholic back then, huh?

Dan Marino High School

It was a different time when I was young. There was not many choices of what teams to watch. The Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys were shown on TV the most. In 1972 the Dolphins went undefeated and as a result they were on TV almost every week.

I didnā€™t have a favorite player. I had several. Csonka, Warfield, and Mercury Morris were my favorites on offense. Manny Fernandez, Jake Scott, Bill Stanfill, and Dick Anderson were my favorites on defense.

That team, to this day, was the most complete team I have ever watched. They had no weakness. That ā€œno nameā€ defense smothered teams. Fernandez and Stanfill were unstoppable up front. Scott and Anderson roamed the secondary and picked off passes almost every game. Csonka and Morris were the original thunder and lightning. Warfield was a superstar and Griese was an accurate passer. They dominated games.

So, I didnā€™t have a favorite player, only a favorite team.

In my humble opinion there is only one correct answer to this question if you are on this message board. I will however give credit for about 4 other players and not dispute your claim.
That player never won a championship.

Back
Top Bottom