My First Half-Round Mock Draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Half-Round Mock Draft

MadDawg020 said:
Obviously you didn't listen to Phil Simms the other day on 790. He said something that is absolutely. When you're evaluating college players, especially QBs, you have to separate the player from the team and look at the tape and execution. And he said he saw a couple games with Cutler and said "Wow, this guy is an NFL QB." He said he saw Cutler make throws with pressure in his face, off his back foot, things that you have to do in the NFL, and its all helped by his cannon for an arm. I trust Phil Simms opinion on QBs more than most people, especially since he predicted last year that Alex Smith was not going to be as good as everyone thought in the NFL.

Now that was a hard prediction...especially when he went to the worst team in football. Did anyone expect Smith to play all pro...in his rookie season on that team? Heck look at Manning...did he light it up for the Giants...in his second season? How bad did he look in his playoff game...and he surely has alot more talent playing with him than Smith does. Did Simms also say this?

Might be a little gun shy from all the punishment he has taken over the years… Needs to do a better job of securing the ball before running, as he has fumbled twenty times the last two years…Must do a better job at the pre-snap recognizing defensive schemes, as he does not always scan the field well…Seems to lack confidence with his receivers, failing to anticipate when his targets will be breaking…Spends too much time eyeballing his primary target, rarely looking off them to locate his secondary receivers…Must learn how to step into his throws to generate better accuracy (steps back on too many of his tosses).

Uses poor judgment at times when flushed out of the pocket, either holding on to the ball too long, resulting in a sack or throwing the ball up for grabs, causing costly interceptions…Has good touch in the short area, but because he carries the ball so low, he does not get ideal trajectory to feather the ball over the head of the defender (this causes a lot of interceptions-18 and pass deflections-75 over the last two years)…Lacks accuracy throwing on the run, especially when unleashing from the left hash…Rotates his hips too much through his release and needs to throw off the front foot more.

Taken from NFLDraftscout.com.....the same people who supply info to guy's like Simms.

ckparrothead said:
I'm done with this argument.

Why CK....Aren't you the person who said to Blue about dangerous expectations? You must have some feeling that Cutler is being hyped up.

Do you agree that he has never beaten a team with a winning record? In three years?

How many times have you seen a QB....RB...WR, take over a game...even if they were on a crappy team...and will a win? Cutler if he is a first round QB...sure never proved that on the field...did he.

What would you rather have...a QB that on film looks good....or a player that wins against the odds?

fishypete said:
Why CK....Aren't you the person who said to Blue about dangerous expectations? You must have some feeling that Cutler is being hyped up.

Do you agree that he has never beaten a team with a winning record? In three years?

How many times have you seen a QB....RB...WR, take over a game...even if they were on a crappy team...and will a win? Cutler if he is a first round QB...sure never proved that on the field...did he.

What would you rather have...a QB that on film looks good....or a player that wins against the odds?

nope your right. lets trade our first for ken dorsey

:sidelol:

Nappy Roots said:
nope your right. lets trade our first for ken dorsey

:sidelol:

Stop being the fool Nappy....no one said anything about Dorsey...or that Cutler wouldn't be interesting after the first round.

fishypete said:
Stop being the fool Nappy....no one said anything about Dorsey...or that Cutler wouldn't be interesting after the first round.

ken dorsey won in college. lets get him :sidelol:

fishypete said:

It is amazing to me that you are the only person that I have seen that says Cutler isn't a 1st round talent. What you use to judge a person is so flawed. Cutler is a consensus 1st rounder. Don't bother replying because I'm not replying to you. I have seen everything I need to from you on this subject, I just wanted to say that.

fishypete said:
Now that was a hard prediction...especially when he went to the worst team in football. Did anyone expect Smith to play all pro...in his rookie season on that team? Heck look at Manning...did he light it up for the Giants...in his second season? How bad did he look in his playoff game...and he surely has alot more talent playing with him than Smith does. Did Simms also say this?

Might be a little gun shy from all the punishment he has taken over the years… Needs to do a better job of securing the ball before running, as he has fumbled twenty times the last two years…Must do a better job at the pre-snap recognizing defensive schemes, as he does not always scan the field well…Seems to lack confidence with his receivers, failing to anticipate when his targets will be breaking…Spends too much time eyeballing his primary target, rarely looking off them to locate his secondary receivers…Must learn how to step into his throws to generate better accuracy (steps back on too many of his tosses).

Uses poor judgment at times when flushed out of the pocket, either holding on to the ball too long, resulting in a sack or throwing the ball up for grabs, causing costly interceptions…Has good touch in the short area, but because he carries the ball so low, he does not get ideal trajectory to feather the ball over the head of the defender (this causes a lot of interceptions-18 and pass deflections-75 over the last two years)…Lacks accuracy throwing on the run, especially when unleashing from the left hash…Rotates his hips too much through his release and needs to throw off the front foot more.

Taken from NFLDraftscout.com.....the same people who supply info to guy's like Simms.

What year was that referring too Pete? Because I know it wasn't his senior year.

I guess by your standards, Brady Quinn sucks, because before this year he did.

BlueFin said:
What year was that referring too Pete? Because I know it wasn't his senior year.

I guess by your standards, Brady Quinn sucks, because before this year he did.

I believe that was from 2004 Blue...they are still updating so 2005 on all players hasn't been completed yet...it is only January.

Blue....I didn't say Cutler sucked....all I'm saying is he's being hyped up. Here's a kid that in 3 years couldn't win one game against a team with a winning record...regardless of what others may think...that has to raise a red flag. Selecting him in the first round is dangerous...I wouldn't use more than a second round pick on him. Brady Quinn doesn't suck either...but he sure didn't look great in his bowl game...but was that him or just a whole team let-down?

CK....The player thats getting over looked as a QB is Micheal Robinson. He is far from a finished project...but he has many qualities that you look for in a QB. One thing is for sure he has a very strong arm....and has decent foot speed.

"QB Michael Robinson was a question mark at the start of the season but no longer. He completed 141 of 272 passes for 2,097 yards with 16 TD passes and nine interceptions. He also ran for 785 yards and 11 touchdowns during the regular season and was virtually impossible for opponents to shut down."

He would be an interesting project player and he'll likely be there in the late 4th to 5th round area. Do you think he fits as a Mueller type QB?

fishypete said:
I believe that was from 2004 Blue...they are still updating so 2005 on all players hasn't been completed yet...it is only January.

Blue....I didn't say Cutler sucked....all I'm saying is he's being hyped up. Here's a kid that in 3 years couldn't win one game against a team with a winning record...regardless of what others may think...that has to raise a red flag. Selecting him in the first round is dangerous...I wouldn't use more than a second round pick on him. Brady Quinn doesn't suck either...but he sure didn't look great in his bowl game...but was that him or just a whole team let-down?

Why don't you bring out Brady Quinn's evaluations from 2004 and before? You are intentionally trying to smear him with old information.

Wake up Pete, we're talking about Vanderbilt here, not a football powerhouse, to say Cutler hasn't proven anything, is like saying Marino didn't prove anything because he never won a superbowl, sorry, surrounding cast DOES matter.

BlueFin said:
Why don't you bring out Brady Quinn's evaluations from 2004 and before? You are intentionally trying to smear him with old information.

Wake up Pete, we're talking about Vanderbilt here, not a football powerhouse, to say Cutler hasn't proven anything, is like saying Marino didn't prove anything because he never won a superbowl, sorry, surrounding cast DOES matter.

Blue....it's the most current info posted....and are you saying we should only count the info that makes him look good? Who's hyping him then Blue?

How come surrounding cast only counts when you say he scored 27 points average against the teams he faced....but when proof show's you that in three years of being a QB....he couldn't beat a team with a winning record....he's surrounded by lousy players? Seems to me Blue....you want it both ways. Did Marino win games against better teams Blue....did he have something in him that willed him to win? You bet your bottom end...he did...and Cutler ain't no Marino. I, find it very funny that you argue so much for Cutler Blue...when the only difference we have is where he's truely valued at....you believe he's a first rounder...and I believe he's no better than a second rounder.

Back
Top Bottom