My First Half-Round Mock Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Half-Round Mock Draft

ckparrothead said:
And by the way Pete, I do find it a bit ironic that you just called out Jay Cutler as a "chance pick" but you've been pumping Vince Young like it's your job all along.

No pick in the NFL draft is characterized by more chanciness than Vince Young.

CK....Would I like the Dolphins to get Young....heck yea....but as you should have noted...I've said he and Leinart are out of the Dolphins reach....just because they are out of the reach of the Dolphins doesn't mean we should settle for less....as you wisely stated earlier....wishful thinking can be dangerous. One has to wonder....why would Saban try out couch...it's way too early to be blowing smoke....so I have to figure he's looking for a vet to bring in...and if thats true....forget about the Dolphins using their first round pick on ANY quarterback...as I also stated...I expect them to select one from the 2nd round down to the 4th round....thats where Muellers QB's come from...not the first round. Of course it's all speculation....but thats true for everything said here....that doesn't come out of Saban's mouth first.

fishypete said:
One has to wonder....why would Saban try out couch...it's way too early to be blowing smoke....so I have to figure he's looking for a vet to bring in...and if thats true....forget about the Dolphins using their first round pick on ANY quarterback

for a backup :confused:

if we draft cutler, having a vet to start and push him would be perfect, it wont be couch, probably gus.

SpeedRush99 said:
Lets hope so! So he can prove most of you wrong. ;)

I have no problem with taking Cutler with the 2nd round pick...but I don't make the decisions...well none of us do...:D

fishypete said:
Who said he was going to be a backup? Even Gus said he didn't mind competing for the starting job.

it takes common sense.

if you actually think he would start for us, you.......well im not even going to say.

SpeedRush99 said:
Lets hope so! So he can prove most of you wrong. ;)
Rd 2 I think you can justify the risk, and I dont really dislike Cutler. Im just not sold on him as a 1st rd caliber qb. Id still rather have Croyle or Drew Olsen more 2-3rds later.

Nappy Roots said:
it takes common sense.

if you actually think he would start for us, you.......well im not even going to say.

Common sense? Isn't that what competition is for? If couch couldn't hope to start....I wonder why so many are calling for a rookie....that won't.

Couch has NFL experience....played in that tuff SEC...and actually won games against good teams....averaged 37 points a game. He threw for over 4200 yds 36 tds 15 ints 72.3% comp rate. He could prove to be an interesting player for the Dolphins.

fishypete said:
Common sense? Isn't that what competition is for? If couch couldn't hope to start....I wonder why so many are calling for a rookie....that won't.

Couch has NFL experience....played in that tuff SEC...and actually won games against good teams....averaged 37 points a game. He threw for over 4200 yds 36 tds 15 ints 72.3% comp rate. He could prove to be an interesting player for the Dolphins.

:sidelol:

college stats with a player thats 6 years removed? what a pathetic attempt.

fishypete said:

Couch isnt as good as his college stats made him out to be or as bad as playing for crumby cleveland made him appear. He played in a gimmick offense @ Kentucky and should have had the coaches come up with some kind of gimmick offense while in cleve cause the lack of talent around him there was sad.

fishypete said:
CK....Would I like the Dolphins to get Young....heck yea....but as you should have noted...I've said he and Leinart are out of the Dolphins reach....just because they are out of the reach of the Dolphins doesn't mean we should settle for less....as you wisely stated earlier....wishful thinking can be dangerous. One has to wonder....why would Saban try out couch...it's way too early to be blowing smoke....so I have to figure he's looking for a vet to bring in...and if thats true....forget about the Dolphins using their first round pick on ANY quarterback...as I also stated...I expect them to select one from the 2nd round down to the 4th round....thats where Muellers QB's come from...not the first round. Of course it's all speculation....but thats true for everything said here....that doesn't come out of Saban's mouth first.

I don't get what you are saying. No other quarterback in the draft is worth picking other than Leinart and Young? There's no such thing as a quarterback that validly grades out as a mid-first round pick? Any QB that does grade out there is just "settling" for not getting one of the guys at the top? Were the Steelers "settling" for Ben Roethlisberger?

fishypete said:
Not when you add ronnie and Ricky in the picture....something the team in the prior year didn't have.
Well than you are in the large minority. Not to mention Saban was the one who brought both players in. But even with Ronnie and Ricky most people thought we would still be at the bottom of the barrell. To not be impressed by what Saban did this year is a bit rediculous and stubborn.

ckparrothead said:
Ok I get it. Let's just disregard everything BAD Jay Cutler has ever done, as simply the result of his being on a poor team. And THEN, lets count everything GOOD he has done DOUBLE because he was on a poor team! Jay Cutler for president!

No CK, nobody said that, but you also can't go to the other extreme and ignore the quality of the O-line and team a QB plays on either, they are factors that matter when making an evaluation.

fishypete said:

Even if we draft a QB, we still have to have a Veteran here to start for now.

Have you considered that Saban may be trying to put some pressure on Frerotte to resign by working out Couch?

Or maybe he's just covering all his bases in searching for the best QB's we can find?

I don't think working out Couch had anything whatsoever to do with the question of whether we might draft a QB in the first round or not.

ckparrothead said:
I don't get what you are saying. No other quarterback in the draft is worth picking other than Leinart and Young? There's no such thing as a quarterback that validly grades out as a mid-first round pick? Any QB that does grade out there is just "settling" for not getting one of the guys at the top? Were the Steelers "settling" for Ben Roethlisberger?

Worth picking yes....in the first round NO.

How come Cutler who played against that tuff SEC but only could beat teams that were as bad as his....is a first round pick in some fans minds and is getting all the hype....but kids like Croyle and Shockley who also played in that same tuff SEC....and both had winning records, aren't just not being rated at least equal to Cutler, but both are rated behind him. I'm sorry...but just what did Cutler step in, to accomplish that? If thats not a true sign of being hyped up..I don't know what is.

BlueFin said:
Even if we draft a QB, we still have to have a Veteran here to start for now.

Have you considered that Saban may be trying to put some pressure on Frerotte to resign by working out Couch?

Or maybe he's just covering all his bases in searching for the best QB's we can find?

I don't think working out Couch had anything whatsoever to do with the question of whether we might draft a QB in the first round or not.

Is not Gus and Sage vets? And what makes you think that Gus is worried about Couch or any other vet coming in...especially when I hear all the time...Gus was the starter because he knows the offense best...or was that last season's motto? Of course you don't think signing a vet to replace Gus would stop the Dolphins from selecting a QB in the 1st round....you want the Dolphins to use that first round pick for Cutler....we all know that.

Back
Top Bottom