My First Half-Round Mock Draft | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Half-Round Mock Draft

fishypete said:
Worth picking yes....in the first round NO.

How come Cutler who played against that tuff SEC but only could beat teams that were as bad as his....is a first round pick in some fans minds and is getting all the hype....but kids like Croyle and Shockley who also played in that same tuff SEC....and both had winning records, aren't just not being rated at least equal to Cutler, but both are rated behind him. I'm sorry...but just what did Cutler step in, to accomplish that? If thats not a true sign of being hyped up..I don't know what is.

:sidelol:

bringing up records again in college. why dont we trade for ken dorsey. give it up petey, records dont mean **** at college, specially when your on a bad team in the best conference in football.

do you honestly know anything about football? thats a pathetic *** post.

fishypete said:

How come Cutler who played against that tuff SEC but only could beat teams that were as bad as his....is a first round pick in some fans minds and is getting all the hype....but kids like Croyle and Shockley who also played in that same tuff SEC....and both had winning records, aren't just not being rated at least equal to Cutler, but both are rated behind him. I'm sorry...but just what did Cutler step in, to accomplish that? If thats not a true sign of being hyped up..I don't know what is.

Pete, I don't really know what your problem is, but what part of Cutler being a prototype QB don't you understand? He is 6'4" 230 pounds with a powerful arm and a nice release and very good mobility, neither Croyle or Shockley can claim all those traits.

You might not know that the SEC Coaches voted Cutler first team all-SEC over those other QB's, he is clearly a premier QB prospect and a clear first round pick, and more than likely a very high first round pick. You may not agree, but that won't change the facts.

BlueFin said:
Pete, I don't really know what your problem is, but what part of Cutler being a prototype QB don't you understand? He is 6'4" 230 pounds with a powerful arm and a nice release and very good mobility, neither Croyle or Shockley can claim all those traits.

You might not know that the SEC Coaches voted Cutler first team all-SEC over those other QB's, he is clearly a premier QB prospect and a clear first round pick, and more than likely a very high first round pick. You may not agree, but that won't change the facts.

prototype QB...Blue? Can you tell us what team's in the NFL have prototype QB's on them? Seems to me, every QB small or large...slow or fast...mobile or immobile strong armed or average armed, have won not only games but Superbowls. Sorry I don't buy that prototype crap.

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol:

bringing up records again in college. why dont we trade for ken dorsey. give it up petey, records dont mean **** at college, specially when your on a bad team in the best conference in football.

do you honestly know anything about football? thats a pathetic *** post.

You didn't answer the question Nappy...did you?

Cutler beat teams that were as bad as his own....but he couldn't beat just one team with a winning record....yet we have two QB's in the same conference that not only played better but won games against good teams....yet you want to push a QB thats nothing special.

fishypete said:
prototype QB...Blue? Can you tell us what team's in the NFL have prototype QB's on them? Seems to me, every QB small or large...slow or fast...mobile or immobile strong armed or average armed, have won not only games but Superbowls. Sorry I don't buy that prototype crap.

Thats because, frankly Pete, you don't know what the hell your talking about.

You, the proponent of Zach Thomas playing safety, and you, salivating over Stefan Lefors.:sidelol:

But again Pete, what you buy and don't buy are really irrelevent, Cutler IS a premier QB prospect and a first rounder, and he is a "prototype", that being a term all scouts and GM's use to describe the ideal prospects for a position.

Just in case you were wondering, Your boy, Stefan Lefors.....is NOT a "prototype".

BlueFin said:
Thats because, frankly Pete, you don't know what the hell your talking about.

You, the proponent of Zach Thomas playing safety, and you, salivating over Stefan Lefors.:sidelol:

But again Pete, what you buy and don't buy are really irrelevent, Cutler IS a premier QB prospect and a first rounder, and he is a "prototype", that being a term all scouts and GM's use to describe the ideal prospects for a position.

Just in case you were wondering, Your boy, Stefan Lefors.....is NOT a "prototype".

You mean the Lefors that was too small to be drafted....too small to be a NFL QB? That Lefors...Blue? He was drafted...wasn't he.

Like I said....I understand you are living and dying with Cutler...for your sake..I hope he doesn't screw up....maybe than we'll agree...he's no better than a 2nd round pick.

fishypete said:

Honestly, this is the kind of opinion you get when you never bother to evaluate the tape and you pay attention only to win/loss records and statistics.

How does he evaluate better than Croyle and Shockley? Because people who evaluate the tape can clearly see that Cutler has more talent and puts his talent to good use more efficiently and consistently than Croyle and Shockley.

ckparrothead said:
Honestly, this is the kind of opinion you get when you never bother to evaluate the tape and you pay attention only to win/loss records and statistics.

How does he evaluate better than Croyle and Shockley? Because people who evaluate the tape can clearly see that Cutler has more talent and puts his talent to good use more efficiently and consistently than Croyle and Shockley.

By your standard CK....We should draft every player we can from Vandy....because records don't matter. Do we go after his receivers....without them...where would he be....how about his O-line....kinda silly to say Records don't matter....once you really think about it. Trying to figure what any player can or would do under different circumstances is the wrong way to evaluate players. If Cutler plays average in the senior bowl....or perhaps to say it better...no better than the other senior QB's that will be there....should we still make excuses for him? What if Croyle or Shockley play better...do we still hype him up above them?

fishypete said:
By your standard CK....We should draft every player we can from Vandy....because records don't matter.

That's not my standard, and shame on you for trying to pretend it is. I clearly stated that the source of Cutler's value is in the skills he displays on the tape. It would seem you prefer to argue purely based on ignorance. If that is the case, I won't argue with you anymore.

CK...Does this sound like a QB that should be a first round pick....never mind a top 5 pick;

Negatives…Might be a little gun shy from all the punishment he has taken over the years… Needs to do a better job of securing the ball before running, as he has fumbled twenty times the last two years…Must do a better job at the pre-snap recognizing defensive schemes, as he does not always scan the field well…Seems to lack confidence with his receivers, failing to anticipate when his targets will be breaking…Spends too much time eyeballing his primary target, rarely looking off them to locate his secondary receivers…Must learn how to step into his throws to generate better accuracy (steps back on too many of his tosses).

Uses poor judgment at times when flushed out of the pocket, either holding on to the ball too long, resulting in a sack or throwing the ball up for grabs, causing costly interceptions…Has good touch in the short area, but because he carries the ball so low, he does not get ideal trajectory to feather the ball over the head of the defender (this causes a lot of interceptions-18 and pass deflections-75 over the last two years)…Lacks accuracy throwing on the run, especially when unleashing from the left hash…Rotates his hips too much through his release and needs to throw off the front foot more.

I'm sorry...but taking him with a first round pick is playing russian roulette...for a team that can't afford to use their best draft pick for a player that may or may not pan out...it's simple to see you won't get any value from him for at least one year...perhaps two.

ckparrothead said:
That's not my standard, and shame on you for trying to pretend it is. I clearly stated that the source of Cutler's value is in the skills he displays on the tape. It would seem you prefer to argue purely based on ignorance. If that is the case, I won't argue with you anymore.

When you stated that records don't matter...only film....thats your standard. May I remind you my friend...that players can look great on film...but never win a game. How many college players looked great on film...but never played well in the NFL? I seem to remember a linebacker...a great guy on film...a great player in college...it was said he was a can't miss player...one of the toughest linebackers to play....and I think he lasted about two years...in the NFL....He couldn't hack it, always injured.
Give me a kid thats a winner....good team or bad....but give me him at the right price.

CK....Here's another thought....in all his games....he has NEVER beaten a team especially a SEC team with a winning record. NEVER. In at least three season's...couldn't win against one team with a record that was better than his?

How anyone can make this kid a top 5 draft pick...is beyond me....is he better than Rodgers or Smith was last season? And we all know what happened to Rodgers...once reality came to pass. If Rodgers was better along than Cutler is....how can he be a 1st round pick?

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol: @ pete in this thread.

this **** is getting ridiculous

And I feel the same way about those who believe a QB that didn't win one game against any team with a winning record in three years is a first round selection....very ridiculous.:sidelol:

Look for yourself....maybe your eye's will make you see the truth?

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Vanderbilt.htm

fishypete said:
And I feel the same way about those who believe a QB that didn't win one game against any team with a winning record in three years is a first round selection....very ridiculous.:sidelol:

Look for yourself....maybe your eye's will make you see the truth?

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Vanderbilt.htm

Obviously you didn't listen to Phil Simms the other day on 790. He said something that is absolutely. When you're evaluating college players, especially QBs, you have to separate the player from the team and look at the tape and execution. And he said he saw a couple games with Cutler and said "Wow, this guy is an NFL QB." He said he saw Cutler make throws with pressure in his face, off his back foot, things that you have to do in the NFL, and its all helped by his cannon for an arm. I trust Phil Simms opinion on QBs more than most people, especially since he predicted last year that Alex Smith was not going to be as good as everyone thought in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom