My First Half-Round Mock Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Half-Round Mock Draft

Nappy Roots said:
no i dont. but it does work both ways. CK is gonna bring up 1 game agaisnt a much much superior team. so im gonna bring up 1 of vinces games.

Even great teams have bad games....great players have bad games. It's plain silly to try to compare what Young has accomplished to what Cutler has or hasn't accomplished.

One can have an opinon that Cutler will be a good NFL QB....but thats just an opinion, I hope we all can agree on that. Cutler can be a boom or a bust...saying that...who in their right mind would use the 16th pick in the draft...for a chance player? If Cutler played on a team that had a winning record like Rodgers or Smith did last season...it would be so easy to say that Cutler is worthy...but we don't even have that to look back on. I'm glad I don't have that responsiblity....you only have one great draft pick....the one pick that should be used for a "can't miss" player.

fishypete said:
Even great teams have bad games....great players have bad games. It's plain silly to try to compare what Young has accomplished to what Cutler has or hasn't accomplished.

One can have an opinon that Cutler will be a good NFL QB....but thats just an opinion, I hope we all can agree on that. Cutler can be a boom or a bust...saying that...who in their right mind would use the 16th pick in the draft...for a chance player? If Cutler played on a team that had a winning record like Rodgers or Smith did last season...it would be so easy to say that Cutler is worthy...but we don't even have that to look back on. I'm glad I don't have that responsiblity....you only have one great draft pick....the one pick that should be used for a "can't miss" player.

wow. im not going to respond to this **** forever. im done with you about this ****.

fishypete said:

Every player in the draft is a chance player. You can't pretend Cutler has not produced at all, because he has. He has his problems and he has his assets. He has put together a pretty good record over there and there's plenty of reason for him to be #16. They scored 27 points a game this year under Cutler in an SEC characterized by tough defense. I mean, that's not NOTHING. Even Dan Marino had a losing record during one season with the Phins. If you're about nothing but the win/loss then I'll sell you Jay Fiedler and you'll be happy to have him...until you start losing games because you realize you just made a horrible investment.

And by the way Pete, I do find it a bit ironic that you just called out Jay Cutler as a "chance pick" but you've been pumping Vince Young like it's your job all along.

No pick in the NFL draft is characterized by more chanciness than Vince Young.

ckparrothead said:
And by the way Pete, I do find it a bit ironic that you just called out Jay Cutler as a "chance pick" but you've been pumping Vince Young like it's your job all along.

No pick in the NFL draft is characterized by more chanciness than Vince Young.

You're argueing with a guy who called Ronnie a bust and Saban overrated.

Philter25 said:
They just resigned Westbrook to a long term deal. Also the Eagles love Moats. Despite his size, he has great speed and great stop and go ability... he makes people miss in the open field.

I dont think the Eagles draft a stud RB. Their offense doesnt need one. Westbrook and Moats are like RB/WRs. Philly doesnt have a power running game but instead they use their short passing game as a running game.

Also, Trotter, their MLB, was one of their best defensive players again this year. They need an OLB IMO before a MLB.

Philly has an ageing Runyan at RT, OLB needs, they could use a pass rushing DE, another DT, and an obvious hole at WR.

I think they pick OLB, RT, or DE.

I'll disagree, Westbrook isn't inspired/scary with the ball in hand.

Trotter opened up at WLB and moved to MLB will the DC realized Mark Semnou(sp) can't tackle a cold.

sports24/7 said:
I don't see the Texans taking Young over Bush. No matter how good Young looked in the Rose bowl he is still a project. Bush could be an instant impact player on that team, and Chris Mortenson said that is who they are taking if he comes out (not that he's always right). I also don't see LenDale White going ahead of DeAngelo WIlliams and Laurence Maroney unless he has a stellar combine. I know the Packers are said to be very interested in him and I could be wrong, I just don't see it. I love the Dolphins getting Cutler though and I do applaud you for not making the "conventional" mock of Bush-Lienart-Young like most everyone else, I just don't know if I see it happening.
Im not sure even a stellar combine puts Lendale White in the same league as Williams and Maroney, the 2 guys I believe are the best RB's in the draft. White would have to have a ridiculous combine to make me believe hes anything more then a late 1st who could fill a need for a team like NE (Dillons getting older) or Seattle (if seattle is preparing to lose Shaun)

Boik14 said:
Im not sure even a stellar combine puts Lendale White in the same league as Williams and Maroney, the 2 guys I believe are the best RB's in the draft. White would have to have a ridiculous combine to make me believe hes anything more then a late 1st who could fill a need for a team like NE (Dillons getting older) or Seattle (if seattle is preparing to lose Shaun)
Right. Anythings possible, he looked great against Texas in the Rose Bowl, but Williams and Maroney are both very good RBs and would grade out very highly in any draft.

sports24/7 said:
Right. Anythings possible, he looked great against Texas in the Rose Bowl, but Williams and Maroney are both very good RBs and would grade out very highly in any draft.
Exactly. Quite frankly I feel that Williams in particular is the best RB prospect since LT and was the guy I was hoping would come out as a JR last year so the phins would draft him. I absolutely love to watch that kid run. I really hope he goes to an NFC team. I do not under any conditions want him in our conference let alone in our division.

unifiedtheory said:
You're argueing with a guy who called Ronnie a bust and Saban overrated.

Perhaps you can find where I called Brown a bust. Can't argue with the Saban item....anything is possible...and Saban has moved the Dolphins back even where they were two years ago....when he gets them in the playoffs...I'll be the first to say he's done something.

fishypete said:
Perhaps you can find where I called Brown a bust. Can't argue with the Saban item....anything is possible...and Saban has moved the Dolphins back even where they were two years ago....when he gets them in the playoffs...I'll be the first to say he's done something.
You wouldn't call turning a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team with Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels as the QBs something?

ckparrothead said:
Every player in the draft is a chance player. You can't pretend Cutler has not produced at all, because he has. He has his problems and he has his assets. He has put together a pretty good record over there and there's plenty of reason for him to be #16. They scored 27 points a game this year under Cutler in an SEC characterized by tough defense. I mean, that's not NOTHING. Even Dan Marino had a losing record during one season with the Phins. If you're about nothing but the win/loss then I'll sell you Jay Fiedler and you'll be happy to have him...until you start losing games because you realize you just made a horrible investment.

CK....How many of those tuff SEC teams had winning records...I keep hearing how great they are....but using your facts...a QB...on a crappy team scores 27 points average on them....just how good could they be?

Just look at the teams he played against and won;

Tennessee....5 and 6 18th rated total defense

Mississippi....3 and 8 32nd rated total defense

Arkansas.....4 and 7 53rd rated total defense

Wake Forest...4 and 7 77th rated total defense

And Richmond?

If he had won against a team with a winning record....some here would have alot more to stand on....but every team he beat was as bad as his team.
He didn't carry his team....not once....they beat who they should have beaten....and lost to the teams he should have lost too....it's that easy.

sports24/7 said:
You wouldn't call turning a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team with Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels as the QBs something?

Not when you add ronnie and Ricky in the picture....something the team in the prior year didn't have.

fishypete said:
CK....How many of those tuff SEC teams had winning records...I keep hearing how great they are....but using your facts...a QB...on a crappy team scores 27 points average on them....just how good could they be?

Just look at the teams he played against and won;

Tennessee....5 and 6 18th rated total defense

Mississippi....3 and 8 32nd rated total defense

Arkansas.....4 and 7 53rd rated total defense

Wake Forest...4 and 7 77th rated total defense

And Richmond?

If he had won against a team with a winning record....some here would have alot more to stand on....but every team he beat was as bad as his team.
He didn't carry his team....not once....they beat who they should have beaten....and lost to the teams he should have lost too....it's that easy.
We've had our disagreements over V. Young and some other qb prospects but when your right your right.

That is part of the reason Jay cutler is a 2nd rd talent who will go in the 1st cause some idiot team reaches for a qb. That idiot team will not be us imo. :dolphins:

Boik14 said:
We've had our disagreements over V. Young and some other qb prospects but when your right your right.

That is part of the reason Jay cutler is a 2nd rd talent who will go in the 1st cause some idiot team reaches for a qb. That idiot team will not be us imo. :dolphins:

Lets hope so! So he can prove most of you wrong. ;)

Back
Top Bottom