My First Home Dolphins Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Home Dolphins Game

I saw on the website that if you uber to the game they want you to get dropped off south of walmart? How do they enforce that?
We just out out once our Uber was stopped in traffic after getting off the freeway. He said that he was supposed to go to the drop off location, but we'd been at a stop for a few minutes. We were right in front of the stadium near where we were going to be tailgating, so we got out. A bit of a hike to the Uber pick-up once the game was over, tho. I think it was $100 once the game was over. 2 hour wait.

We just out out once our Uber was stopped in traffic after getting off the freeway. He said that he was supposed to go to the drop off location, but we'd been spotted for a few minutes. So, we got out. A bit of a hike to the Uber pick-up once the game was over. I think it was $100 once the game was over. 2 hour wait.
i've had a similar experience

We just out out once our Uber was stopped in traffic after getting off the freeway. He said that he was supposed to go to the drop off location, but we'd been at a stop for a few minutes. We were right on front of the stadium near where we were going to be tailgating, so we got out. A bit of a hike to the Uber pick-up once the game was over. I think it was $100 once the game was over. 2 hour wait.
Are there any sports bars around to watch some of the 4 o'clock games and wait out the traffic?

I see a Pollo Tropical (which ive heard about for years listening to 790) and a Lorna's Carribean and American Grill. What are those places like?

I see a Pollo Tropical (which ive heard about for years listening to 790) and a Lorna's Carribean and American Grill. What are those places like?
If you’re on a budget and want something fast (drive thru) and in the mood for some grilled chicken with rice and black beans then I recommend Pollo Tropical. Can’t recommend the other places since I’ve never been to them.

My first game was the 2006 Christmas night game against the Jets. We lost, but ZT knocked Coles (Jets WR) the F out! I was in the opposite end zone and that hit was so loud the crack sounded like it was 10 feet away. The whole stadium went oooooooffff!

So I got a little impulsive tonight and me and my girlfriend are now coming down for my first ever home Dolphins game this weekend! Be great to get out of cold *** WNY full of cruddy Bills fans! Only ever been to games in that cesspool in Orchard Park. I have a few questions and was hoping you guys could help with some recommendations.

We fly into MIA Airport Saturday morning around 11:00 am and are staying in Fort Lauderdale at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Plan is to hit the beach Saturday afternoon, game Sunday and maybe a little more beach on Monday before we depart around 4 pm.

First major decision is to rent a car or not. I'm thinking to pay for parking near/at the hotel and at the stadium could add up to hundreds? of dollars, so maybe it'd be easier to just uber/taxi everywhere? Then I wouldn't have to worry about knowing where I'm going and the effects of booze.

Next, tickets. Haven't bought 'em yet. Do they usually dip on game day on StubHub and the likes? Not opposed to scalpers either. What are some experiences you've had showing up and playing it by ear? Or should I just lock some in beforehand?

Restaurants/sports bars around Hard Rock Stadium? Are there good places to have a couple drinks with a ton of Dolphins fans in the area or what's the tailgating like? How early should I arrive? Does the team put on any sort of tailgate since I won't really be in the position to bring a grill of my own.

Restaurant recommendations in the Fort Lauderdale Beach/Hollywood Beach area? My girlfriend likes fancy restaurants.

Thanks in advance for the help on this stuff and any other things you guys can think of that you think I may have overlooked coming down!
i stayed at the pelican a few years ago.. great place. beach on Sat and then i would go to Shula's steakhouse in miami lakes (30 min drive maybe)... little pricey but a great place.
quick story.
when wannstadt was coach my wife and i went down for a game and had reservations at shula's. we arrived around 630 for a 7 reservation and we were waiting on the back deck watching people playing golf putting on the green. a few minutes later i see a security guard just watching us to see what we were doing . with that i see some guys walking towards me and it's jason taylor and zach Thomas.. then jay fiedler, dave wannstadt and i think i remember chris chambers walk by.. now we are all hanging out on the deck and people in the restaurant recoginzie them and try to come out to the deck but the security guards stop them.. maybe since i was there first and i wasn't bothering them for autographs or anything the security guard didn't tell us to leave.. we just hung out, screwing around betting if the golfers would make their putt. all were very respectful since my wife was the only woman.. lol.. they then left and had their pregame dinner in a private room

i always bought my tickets online (vivid seats) before i went. never scalped or anything

sorry i can't help you with the tailgate since i never did that down there but have a great time

Pollo Tropical is a fast food restaurant. The food is okay and the prices are cheap compared to the high price restaurants your
GF seems to like. I know nothing about Lorna’s Caribbean Or American Grill. Since I have never dined at either place.

Last edited:
You should hit up @caneaddict and try to get his field passes for this game

Fantastic seats and beer / drinks are complimentary

I can’t even tell you how many home games I’ve been to. Seriously, I’ve lost count. One thing I can tell you is you’re gonna be an aww when you see that stadium it’s beautiful. Pretty much every seat in that stadium is a good since you will probably most likely be in the shade because of the canopy depending on your seats. I’ve gone down to Fort Lauderdale and spent the weekend then we go to the game. Sometimes I drive up in the morning and come home at night about a 4 Hour Drive. It’s a blast….well worth the drive, especially if we get a win. Either way I’m usually pretty drunk and mellowed out by games end. Never had a problem tailgating always a great time. Got into it with a New England fan one time back in the days of Marino. I find the New England fans more obnoxious than the Jets fans. I call them Chowderheads lol. If you have time I would drive around Miami go to South Beach really is a beautiful place. Definitely a different world down there and you can buy alcohol at 8 o’clock in the morning LOL. Hope you have a great time!! GO DOLPHINS!!🐬🐬🐬

So I got a little impulsive tonight and me and my girlfriend are now coming down for my first ever home Dolphins game this weekend! Be great to get out of cold *** WNY full of cruddy Bills fans! Only ever been to games in that cesspool in Orchard Park. I have a few questions and was hoping you guys could help with some recommendations.

We fly into MIA Airport Saturday morning around 11:00 am and are staying in Fort Lauderdale at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Plan is to hit the beach Saturday afternoon, game Sunday and maybe a little more beach on Monday before we depart around 4 pm.

First major decision is to rent a car or not. I'm thinking to pay for parking near/at the hotel and at the stadium could add up to hundreds? of dollars, so maybe it'd be easier to just uber/taxi everywhere? Then I wouldn't have to worry about knowing where I'm going and the effects of booze.

Next, tickets. Haven't bought 'em yet. Do they usually dip on game day on StubHub and the likes? Not opposed to scalpers either. What are some experiences you've had showing up and playing it by ear? Or should I just lock some in beforehand?

Restaurants/sports bars around Hard Rock Stadium? Are there good places to have a couple drinks with a ton of Dolphins fans in the area or what's the tailgating like? How early should I arrive? Does the team put on any sort of tailgate since I won't really be in the position to bring a grill of my own.

Restaurant recommendations in the Fort Lauderdale Beach/Hollywood Beach area? My girlfriend likes fancy restaurants.

Thanks in advance for the help on this stuff and any other things you guys can think of that you think I may have overlooked coming down!
I went twice when Marino was playing. It was awesome to be around so many dolphins fans. Like being home. I live in Maine so everyone around me are pats fans.

Back
Top Bottom