My First Home Dolphins Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Home Dolphins Game

If you’re on a budget and want something fast (drive thru) and in the mood for some grilled chicken with rice and black beans then I recommend Pollo Tropical. Can’t recommend the other places since I’ve never been to them.
If you want legit cuban track down whichever La Caretta's is closest to you.

I went in October for the first time, rent a car. Eat at the stadium. Go early.
Yeah, overpriced blegh stadium food go get you some of that!

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Oh and check the tri-rail (train system). The used to do a game day thing for $5 and you can catch it on the other side of I-95 and they had busses that took you from the Hollywood station right to the stadium. They may not do it anymore but it is worth looking into.

I saw on the website that if you uber to the game they want you to get dropped off south of walmart? How do they enforce that?
Just as an Fyi, Ross has most of the non season tickets paid parking completely torn up for a formula one race that is coming in the near future so those lots are gone for now. That is why they are saying you will need to be dropped off south of Walmart. That is more than a miles walk. If you get dropped off in the Calder parking lot to the north they will have shuttles. There really are no other choices this year other than purchasing an orange or yellow parking pass then tailgating if you have a rental. Either way, you are going to have a blast and people are right on here. If you walk to the East side of the stadium grounds, just find the group with the loudest music and the biggest bar and introduce yourself. Guaranteed to be welcomed if you are in a Fins Jersey. As for tickets for the game, if you can find any on the home team side you will be out of the sun as the stadium is designed to keep the visitors in the sun. Restaurants around the stadium, I would go back to Ft Lauderdale and you will have many within a short uber ride. Have Fun and Go Fins!!!

Ticketmaster seems to be the cheapest of the online sites for game tickets. That's who we used for the Colts game and for the 49ers/Rams in January. Rams tickets at SoFi are insane. $280 apiece for second level before fees.

I'm gonna help you out! There are lots of places to eat. Since you are staying near Ft. Lauderdale, you should check out Padrino's Cuban Cuisine for dinner. If you want fancy, head over to the Hard Rock and pick a restaurant there. If you want a nice chill spot to have some beer, Funky Buddha Brewery is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Tailgating: Finheaven tailgate is at the East 12 Parking sign. I've been tailgating there for years now and it's always a good time. DM me for more info on that and I'll give you my contact number for game day communication. You should be able to find tickets for the game, but I'm not sure how much cheaper they are during game day because I'm a season ticket holder and don't generally buy them game day. I try to sell well in advance the games I don't go to.

Let me know if you want more info as well.

I am Curious if I drove down to game with my trailer in tow, can I stay at a parking lot next to the stadium all night? Future plans when I retire .. hopefully :UP:

I am Curious if I drove down to game with my trailer in tow, can I stay at a parking lot next to the stadium all night? Future plans when I retire .. hopefully :UP:
There is a Walmart about a half mile from the stadium and Walmarts usually allow overnight parking in their parking lots. I don’t know of any other parking lot near the stadium that allows overnight parking But maybe someone that knows the area better knows somewhere near the stadium where you can park overnight.

I went to my first game against Baltimore and we used Uber and it was great going to the game but after was a nightmare. We ended up getting a lift from a gypsy cab. Next time I will drive and park.

I went to my first game against Baltimore and we used Uber and it was great going to the game but after was a nightmare. We ended up getting a lift from a gypsy cab. Next time I will drive and park.

Exactly. Getting to the stadium in an Uber when the crowds/arrivals are more spread out is one thing. Trying to find your Uber after the game when everyone is leaving at the same time is a completely different, far more terrifying, situation...

I do not recommend you go anywhere around the stadium that is not in the stadium

Back
Top Bottom