My First Home Dolphins Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Home Dolphins Game

So I got a little impulsive tonight and me and my girlfriend are now coming down for my first ever home Dolphins game this weekend! Be great to get out of cold *** WNY full of cruddy Bills fans! Only ever been to games in that cesspool in Orchard Park. I have a few questions and was hoping you guys could help with some recommendations.

We fly into MIA Airport Saturday morning around 11:00 am and are staying in Fort Lauderdale at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Plan is to hit the beach Saturday afternoon, game Sunday and maybe a little more beach on Monday before we depart around 4 pm.

First major decision is to rent a car or not. I'm thinking to pay for parking near/at the hotel and at the stadium could add up to hundreds? of dollars, so maybe it'd be easier to just uber/taxi everywhere? Then I wouldn't have to worry about knowing where I'm going and the effects of booze.

Next, tickets. Haven't bought 'em yet. Do they usually dip on game day on StubHub and the likes? Not opposed to scalpers either. What are some experiences you've had showing up and playing it by ear? Or should I just lock some in beforehand?

Restaurants/sports bars around Hard Rock Stadium? Are there good places to have a couple drinks with a ton of Dolphins fans in the area or what's the tailgating like? How early should I arrive? Does the team put on any sort of tailgate since I won't really be in the position to bring a grill of my own.

Restaurant recommendations in the Fort Lauderdale Beach/Hollywood Beach area? My girlfriend likes fancy restaurants.

Thanks in advance for the help on this stuff and any other things you guys can think of that you think I may have overlooked coming down!
Switch your flight to arrive in Ft Lauderdale Airport. You'll be 10 minutes from your hotel. Come in Miami and you're 45minutes from the hotel. I would have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, very close to the stadium. Don't know much about Pelican Grand.

A quick check of the Pelican Grand tells me is a beautiful place right on the ocean with plenty of good food right there. Don't take your girlfriend who likes fancy places to Pollo Tropical, that place is very average. Go eat stone crabs and lobster while your in town. Eat down on S Beach, Joe's Stone Crabs, that's one your girl will really like. Billy's on the Bay is another Stone Crab place closer to your hotel than Joes. Take her to the Quarterdeck in Hollywood for lunch, wear bathing suits and bring some towels. After lunch grab a spot on the beach by the pier and watch all the hot girls etc frolic around!! Have some drinks, swim in the ocean, make out with your girlfriend in the ocean. I think you got it!! Have fun!! The weather should be perfect!! FLY INTO LAUDERDALE!!!!! Miami is almost an hour from your hotel. Change your flight, you don't want to fly into Miami.

Switch your flight to arrive in Ft Lauderdale Airport. You'll be 10 minutes from your hotel. Come in Miami and you're 45minutes from the hotel. I would have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, very close to the stadium. Don't know much about Pelican Grand.
Only direct flight was to MIA. Want to try to get some beach time in Saturday afternoon!

There is a Walmart about a half mile from the stadium and Walmarts usually allow overnight parking in their parking lots. I don’t know of any other parking lot near the stadium that allows overnight parking But maybe someone that knows the area better knows somewhere near the stadium where you can park overnight.
Thank you appreciate it. Hopefully 2023 🤞 and maybe the phins will be in a good place too :UP:

So I got a little impulsive tonight and me and my girlfriend are now coming down for my first ever home Dolphins game this weekend! Be great to get out of cold *** WNY full of cruddy Bills fans! Only ever been to games in that cesspool in Orchard Park. I have a few questions and was hoping you guys could help with some recommendations.

We fly into MIA Airport Saturday morning around 11:00 am and are staying in Fort Lauderdale at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Plan is to hit the beach Saturday afternoon, game Sunday and maybe a little more beach on Monday before we depart around 4 pm.

First major decision is to rent a car or not. I'm thinking to pay for parking near/at the hotel and at the stadium could add up to hundreds? of dollars, so maybe it'd be easier to just uber/taxi everywhere? Then I wouldn't have to worry about knowing where I'm going and the effects of booze.

Next, tickets. Haven't bought 'em yet. Do they usually dip on game day on StubHub and the likes? Not opposed to scalpers either. What are some experiences you've had showing up and playing it by ear? Or should I just lock some in beforehand?

Restaurants/sports bars around Hard Rock Stadium? Are there good places to have a couple drinks with a ton of Dolphins fans in the area or what's the tailgating like? How early should I arrive? Does the team put on any sort of tailgate since I won't really be in the position to bring a grill of my own.

Restaurant recommendations in the Fort Lauderdale Beach/Hollywood Beach area? My girlfriend likes fancy restaurants.

Thanks in advance for the help on this stuff and any other things you guys can think of that you think I may have overlooked coming down!
I hope you enjoy your time here. Long time season ticket holder and game attender (family has had tickets since 1970). I will hit on some of the questions you have.
  • Tickets - I would suggest TickPick (app) to get tickets and parking pass.
  • Yellow lot is $50, Orange $100 and Blue $150
  • We get to the stadium and tailgate starting at 10 am for a 1pm game because parking is problematic, they are currently building a formula 1 racetrack around the stadium
  • The stadium is a bit remote out west and there are not the bars around the facility such as in a traditional city stadium but it is a beautiful stadium.
  • If it is a sunny day, the visitors side does not get sun unless you are in the three hundred section (upper deck)
  • If you Uber, I would plan on hanging out for a while to let the traffic die down
  • Craft beer in the stadium $15
  • Night life - need to go to Las Olas as it is not too far from you - We ate at Louie Bossies not too long ago, need to make reservations soon. Here is a link to the area: https://lasolasboulevard.com/fort-lauderdale/directory/restaurants-dining/fine-dining/
  • Recommendation, I would save money on rental cars and parking and Uber, spend the money on tickets and experience. The club section has better dining options.

The stadium is awesome, the parking has gotten worse each game and last game they closed the blue preferred parking lot turnpike entrance completely. I am not sure what you decided on parking but just make sure you have that sorted out.
Just ubering everywhere so I can drink and not have to know where I'm going, haha!

Back
Top Bottom