My sources for the draft is.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My sources for the draft is....

As much as I'd hate to see us trade up, I have to admit, there is a small part of me that would take pleasure in ****ing over the Jets and Bills. That would be priceless.

Yes, Mike White. Watched him play nearly every game in college. He's very smart and accurate. He would be a solid mid-round pickup.
Do you think he makes it to the fourth round? Third?

I would like to be able to use our 3rd rounder on some position besides qb, but if you have to pull the trigger then, I'd go for it. Assuming a James/LB in the 1st + TE in the 2nd

You guys thinking this team is moving up for a qb are just kidding yourselves. There is no way they would have restructured Tannnehill's contract the way they did if they were not committed to him for at least the next two years. When you make that type of commitment, that tells you all you need to know about their intentions of what they plan to do in the first round, and that means trading up in the first round for a qb is out of the question.
Oh boy! Two whole years for the guy with the bad ACL. You’re right, no interest in a QB from us.

Oh boy! Two whole years for the guy with the bad ACL. You’re right, no interest in a QB from us.

You don't make the money commitment you made to Tannehill and then give up the ungodly amount of draft assets you would have to give up to secure one of the top three qb's. If you believe that, then you are delusional. Now, if one of those guys fall to Miami's pick at #11 that is a different story. I still doubt they would draft a qb there (I think they would be more likely to trade down with a team more desperate for a qb) but it could be possible because this team still needs a qb with developmental upside as a backup.

Jets trading up affects nothing that has to do with us. They were already in from of us anyway.
As far as our draft, if Mayfield somehow is there at 11 he's the pick. If not then this is what I would do.
11-LB The team likes Edmunds, Vender and Smith but Smith might drop with medical red flags
42-TE the team likes Goedert, Hurst,Gesicki and Thomas
73-QB here's your last chance to get a good QB in this draft. Lauletta should be the pick and he won't be there in the 4th round

With two picks in round 4 we could go RB and DT depending on who's there

then we have a 6 and a pair of 7's
hard to tell at this time but a Center, FS and maybe even another LB or Corner

Ozzy rules!!

Jets trading up affects nothing that has to do with us. They were already in from of us anyway.
As far as our draft, if Mayfield somehow is there at 11 he's the pick. If not then this is what I would do.
11-LB The team likes Edmunds, Vender and Smith but Smith might drop with medical red flags
42-TE the team likes Goedert, Hurst,Gesicki and Thomas
73-QB here's your last chance to get a good QB in this draft. Lauletta should be the pick and he won't be there in the 4th round

With two picks in round 4 we could go RB and DT depending on who's there

then we have a 6 and a pair of 7's
hard to tell at this time but a Center, FS and maybe even another LB or Corner

Ozzy rules!!

Jets moving up may not affect Miami directly, but it does indicate a battle for the first 4 QBs. Jets move up, not to get a QB, but to get, they hope, a particular QB. That doesn't change anything for Miami. BUT, if it heats up the battle for the 4th (remaining) QB, it decreases the likelihood of a QB at #11.

Same boat.

11: Edmunds, Smith, James
42: Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst

In the third round I'd go BPA at OL, DT, FS, RB.

I had forgotten about QB. They have to at least sign a vet that would back Tannehill up. No 10 million dollar BS either.

Use of the 4th rounders they have perhaps.

If Buffalo succeeds in trading up, that makes 3 teams definitely going QB, Cleveland being the other.
Much depends on what Denver does.

Jets will take a RB.
Bills will take a DB.
Miami will take DL.
NE will snicker.

Since QB is out of reach now, with the Jets moving up. I was told Miami will turn to plan B. They will draft DT Vita Vea or LB Tremaine Edmunds. I wanted a QB just like everyone else, but it looks like it isnt happening.

JUST KIDDING LOL.....WE ARE GETTING LAMAR JACKSON!

Good thinking. Trade down to the bottom of the first or up to the top of the 2nd and draft former Heisman winner Lamar Jackson.

Then in a fit of lunacy or brilliance, play a double QB option backfield with both Tannehill and Jackson playing at the same time. Who throws? Who catches? Who is the decoy? !!!

You don't make the money commitment you made to Tannehill and then give up the ungodly amount of draft assets you would have to give up to secure one of the top three qb's. If you believe that, then you are delusional.
Then I’m delusional.

QB coming off ACL surgery, might or might not show improvement under Gase going forward. Meanwhile, we restructure to save $11.2 million. Of course we still look at alternatives at QB.

If we draft a DT in the first two rounds I'm gonna skip out on the 2018 season. Smith, James, and/or Edmunds WILL be on the board. If we don't pick one of those three (or a QB but we've got no shot realistically) I'm done.
NO! I hope this is only a bluff… Don't be done!

I'll take mason Rudolph or Gesicki in the 2nd after Barkley falls in my lap.
I have no source, but think Rudolph doesn't get past the Patriots in round one. If I was Cleveland and stuck on one of the QB's, I'd offer the Giants my second to come up two spots. They may not take it, but I would offer.

Then I’m delusional.

QB coming off ACL surgery, might or might not show improvement under Gase going forward. Meanwhile, we restructure to save $11.2 million. Of course we still look at alternatives at QB.

You didn't save 11 million dollars, you just pushed it down the road meaning it's harder to get out of the contract sooner which shows they are fully committed to Tannehill.

If we take Vea.....ugh. I don’t see it, thankfully. I think getting Godchaux and Taylor late last year should eliminate Vea from the equation.

Edmunds, Smith, James or bust.

You’d think but we have 5 defensive ends on this team that make several million each! So my guess is that having 3 quality young defensive tackles isn’t enough in Tannenbaum’s eyes so it is not far fetched that we’ll ignore linebacker and stack another position. Ugh

Back
Top Bottom