My sources for the draft is.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My sources for the draft is....

I am okay with trading back for more picks and taking Jackson. Use the extra picks on Jewell and/or Griffin. We aren't going to win the Superbowl this year anyway. Might as well take a chance on a guy and build for the future.

I don't know what the love affair is with Jackson but I would rather go a little deeper in the draft and find a QB that can be molded and sit behind RT until necessary. I believe that we have more pressing needs right now at the very least. If RT goes down with an injury you can either go with Fales or see who is available on the street or practice squad of other teams as the season would probably be another setup for a high draft pick.

I don’t get the Lamar Jackson hype. Every QB like him that’s been drafted has failed. DeShaun Watson has been the best of the bunch, and he only played a few games before being lost for the season. What am I missing?

I don't know what the love affair is with Jackson but I would rather go a little deeper in the draft and find a QB that can be molded and sit behind RT until necessary. I believe that we have more pressing needs right now at the very least. If RT goes down with an injury you can either go with Fales or see who is available on the street or practice squad of other teams as the season would probably be another setup for a high draft pick.

As far as I know, I am one of the few that are crazy enough to say they like Jackson, but don't worry. It's just wishful thinking on my part. I doubt it would happen, anyway. Gase wants our guys to stick to the script. Improvisation is what helps make Jackson special, but I am guessing Gase is sure to have none of that even though Bucky Brooks has said that he thinks Jackson would do well with a creative OC (cough, cough) like Gase.

As for the actual draft. My guess is we will go straight BPA. I think it will be Edmunds or one of the DTs. It depressing just thinking about it. It hasn't gotten us anywhere before. I doubt it will get us there now.

Last edited:
I don’t get the Lamar Jackson hype. Every QB like him that’s been drafted has failed. DeShaun Watson has been the best of the bunch, and he only played a few games before being lost for the season. What am I missing?

First thing I would do with Jackson is show him film of Ted Ginn while he was a Dolphin. LOL! Self preservation is the key. Avoid all hits if you can. Run out of bounds at the last second. Scramble and get down. I know it sounds wussyish, but I think that would be a defense killer. Nothing more frustrating for them than a guy gaining huge chunk yards and then getting down safely before the defense can pummel him. :) If he played smart and within himself (like that dickwad Ryan Fitzpatrick does when he plays the Dolphins) then I think he could really help us. Defenses are vulnerable. Take what they give us and live to see another play.

Last edited:
I will be pissed if we draft a DT or Oline in the first round, and I mean PISSED. No excuse not to get a playmaker at #11. There is no Aaron Donald in this draft and Nelson won't be there at #11.

First thing I would do with Jackson is show him film of Ted Ginn while he was a Dolphin. LOL! Self preservation is the key. Avoid all hits if you can. Run out of bounds at the last second. Scramble and get down. I know it sounds wussyish, but I think that would be a defense killer. Nothing more frustrating than a guy gaining huge chunk yards and then getting down safely before the defense can pummel him. :) If he played smart and within himself (like that dickwad Ryan Fitzpatrick does when he plays the Dolphins) then I think he could really help us. Defenses are vulnerable. Take what they give us and live to see another play.

That sounds good on paper, but he isn’t going to do that. When the cards on the table, instinct kicks in and you play like you always have. Lamar Jackson is boom or bust and if history is any indication, bust is most likely. Of course, that’s only my opinion.

That sounds good on paper, but he isn’t going to do that. When the cards on the table, instinct kicks in and you play like you always have. Lamar Jackson is boom or bust and if history is any indication, bust is most likely. Of course, that’s only my opinion.

That's cool! Thanks for sharing it!! I hear you about Jackson and I agree. He is a big risk. Since what we have been doing doesn't seem to be working all that well, all I am suggesting is maybe we should think outside the box. Having him sit behind Tannehill might do wonders. Would getting Vea, or Edmunds, or Smith really make a difference?

I'll put down my crack pipe, now...;-)

Last edited:
Why would Lamar Jackson at #11 be a bad idea? Are we kidding ourselves that we're suddenly going to hit gold on some stud in the first round. When has that happened? DeVante Paper, Charles Harris, Dion Jordan, Ted Ginn, Jason Allen?? Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. One ham-and-egger after another.

Take your gamble on greatness with the kid.

That's cool! Thanks for sharing it!! I hear you about Jackson and I agree. He is a big risk. Since what we have been doing doesn't seem to be working all that well, all I am suggesting is maybe we should think outside the box. Having him sit behind Tannehill might do wonders. Would getting Vea, or Edmunds, or Smith really make a difference?

Getting Edmunds or Smith would help my sanity. I can't take much more of our LBs chasing after TEs and RBs on 3rd down.

Why would Lamar Jackson at #11 be a bad idea? Are we kidding ourselves that we're suddenly going to hit gold on some stud in the first round. When has that happened? DeVante Paper, Charles Harris, Dion Jordan, Ted Ginn, Jason Allen?? Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. One ham-and-egger after another.

Take your gamble on greatness with the kid.

Because he won't be a good NFL quarterback. That's the best reason I can come up with.

Getting Edmunds or Smith would help my sanity. I can't take much more of our LBs chasing after TEs and RBs on 3rd down.

LOL! The draft is loaded with DB's. I might be wrong but, Isn't it our dime coverage that is our Achilles heal on 3rd down?

LOL! The draft is loaded with DB's. I might be wrong but, Isn't it our dime coverage that is our Achilles heal on 3rd down?

You would think that but for some reason we played our LBs a lot on 3rd down. I think Kiko led the team in defensive snaps.In week 1 with no Timmons, Hull or Allen was out there for every snap. We played nickel but not enough of dime.

Back
Top Bottom