My Super Realistic Semi-Annual Off-Season Plan - Now with more Suh! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Super Realistic Semi-Annual Off-Season Plan - Now with more Suh!

I love it except for the lack of addressing guard, which is a huge hole for us right now.
I'd like to sign a guy like Boling instead of one of the other "under the radar" signings you mentioned.

Not sure Carl Davis makes it past New England after yesterday.

Not a bad plan, but I hate when people label something as "realistic" (sorry just a pet peeve) because that tells me that you don't think anyone else's opinion is. With that being said I didn't have to go too far for it not to be realistic. Clay is a free agent, so you can't "restructure" his contract. Pouncey will be playing on the option Miami picked up, so they can't restructure that either. They can go ahead and sign him and then that option year becomes null and void, but can't restructure.

Good work here. I was looking at something similar, but I'm going to redirect that effort into a post about Suh.

Thoughts:

1) Restructure or replace Fields. Dude is crazy expensive.

2) An option that I haven't seen mentioned a lot as a backup QB is....ready for it? Matt Moore. He's NOT going to get the money on the FA market. He already LIVES in Miami. At least freaking talk to him.

3) I really like House. I do. And I really like Mason Foster. But I cannot go into the 2015 season with a 3rd rounder at Guard. I can't. After Suh, the need is Guard. (Boling?) Then WR. Then LB. With 30 million, we can't afford Suh, Boling, Andre Johnson, Foster and our picks. But it's nice to dream.

Also, I keep having this weird dream where Danny Shelton falls right into our laps in the draft. and that would be just stupid.

yeah I already posted a thread about Shelton. That D line would rival the bills awesome D line.. Would be totally sick.. I'm down for Sheldon it 14 if he's there..

I'd look at him in the 5th round or later and be very happy getting him. Guy with those short legs was never going to run a good 40, and he was never really going to test well. I loved Branden Oliver last year and he went undrafted. He's the type of compliment that makes tons of sense for Miller, he tested so poorly he could be a priority FA. Still a big fan of his.

I knew he would be short, but I thought he would have a better broad and vert. Lack of explosiveness makes me think he will go undrafted.

Not a bad plan, but I hate when people label something as "realistic" (sorry just a pet peeve) because that tells me that you don't think anyone else's opinion is. With that being said I didn't have to go too far for it not to be realistic. Clay is a free agent, so you can't "restructure" his contract. Pouncey will be playing on the option Miami picked up, so they can't restructure that either. They can go ahead and sign him and then that option year becomes null and void, but can't restructure.

Clay is on a tender, you can sign him long term contract instead thus restructuring his contract. Pouncey is not a free agent and can be restructured just like anyone else. Thanks for the feedback.

Clay is on a tender, you can sign him long term contract instead thus restructuring his contract. Pouncey is not a free agent and can be restructured just like anyone else. Thanks for the feedback.

You are right he's on a tender, but he hasn't accepted it yet. Tender is just a one year deal anyway, you can't change that. Pouncey is an option that must be paid a certain salary. Nether can be restructured. Both can be signed to long term contracts that make the tender and the option null and void, but those aren't restructuring.

You are right he's on a tender, but he hasn't accepted it yet. Tender is just a one year deal anyway, you can't change that. Pouncey is an option that must be paid a certain salary. Nether can be restructured. Both can be signed to long term contracts that make the tender and the option null and void, but those aren't restructuring.
What do you think restructuring means?

Back
Top Bottom