Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne

I don't have a full explanation for this season's disappearance from Hubbard. But, I do know he has some of the best top end talent among the RB position in this draft.

My guess is he half-assed this season with his eyes set on the NFL. Got nicked up which limited his production and he probably milked it a bit before opting out of this crazy COVID season. I don't love that from a leadership stand point. But, if targeting Hubbard means the fins can get a 1st round talent at RB without having to commit the first round (or early second round) capital to the RB position then that is a coup.

He has the size, speed, vision, balance and big play ability. He legitimately may be the fastest RB in the draft and he's not a little guy. He also has the elite production to validate his talent. It's always an added bonus when a RB's production can't be explained away as benefitting from a bunch of NFL talent around him. Each of Etienne, Harris and the UNC duo are working with NFL QBs and WRs. Hubbard ran for 2,000 yards and 20 TDs without that assistance.

I'm not in favor of spending early draft capital on a RB when the Dolphins have numerous needs. Chuba Hubbard gets us the high end talent without the price tag. His drop in value can serve as a gift.
Good points, I just know how crazy I get when we go deeper in the draft without picking positions of need. Last year whiffing on or not attempting to get a RB was mind boggling but I would love to get Hubbard in the third if we don't go RB at 2A or 2B. He would be a steal.

Total Fumbles (including recovered by offense)

Hubbard: 11 (3 years)
Etienne: 8 (4 years)
Najee: 3 (4 years)

You better believe this will play a role in Flo’s process.

Total Fumbles (including recovered by offense)

Hubbard: 11 (3 years)
Etienne: 8 (4 years)
Najee: 3 (4 years)

You better believe this will play a role in Flo’s process.
I have no interest in a RB with fumbling issues.

Do you have the total touches numbers for those three?

That might mitigate Hubbard's total if he has handled the ball more than the other two.

Last year it was Jonathan Taylor that had ball security issues and I pointed out that it was a concern before people caught on. However, it's a coachable and correctable issue - not a deal breaker if the back is talented enough. Taylor is looking pretty good, and only 1 fumble this year as a rookie.

I have no interest in a RB with fumbling issues.

Do you have the total touches numbers for those three?

That might mitigate Hubbard's total if he has handled the ball more than the other two.
Hubbard: 638 total touches / 11 fumbles / 1.7%

Najee: 670 total touches / 3 fumbles / 0.4%

Etienne: 774 total touches / 8 fumbles / 1.0%

J. Taylor: 968 total touches / 18 fumbles / 1.85%

Fumbling isn’t a issue at BAMA..you don’t get many chances to do it ..From Ingram,Richardson ,Henry to Harris they just don’t do it ..They know someone is behind them that can do the job.

Didn't that freshman QB for Clemson put up over 300 yds on ND?...That didn't open it up for Etienne?
You're kind of contradicting yourself in your own sentence.
Not trying to argue...I just think Bama steam rolls ND....
Yes they should....and then proceed to get taken down again by Trevor Lawrence in the championship!

Several...including him taking down our QB and Alabama as a freshman.

Too high of expectations? He will be selected #1 overall and is the best QB prospect we’ve seen in years.

Oh so you've seen him struggle?

Hes not even the best qb on campus.
Is this for real? The freshman for Clemson played well against ND and lost. He comes back and helps crush ND, Clemson is a much better team with Lawrence at QB. He is the most heralded QB prospect since Luck.

Is this for real? The freshman for Clemson played well against ND and lost. He comes back and helps crush ND, Clemson is a much better team with Lawrence at QB. He is the most heralded QB prospect since Luck.

The reason Clemson beat ND was defensively. Gaining their 3 best defenders is the reason the game was different.

DJ is a better passer than Trevor. If Lawrence isn't throwing a screen hes throwing a 50/50 ball down the field.

His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

I haven’t seen Katlyn Jenner improve much since his freshman year...You can only throw those 50/50 balls so many times...
As for him running in the NFL..we’ll ,let him talk to the gimp Joe Borrows about running to contact...Trevor wouldn’t be my first choice..

I’d prefer Collins to any RB in this class. 3-4 defense requires big athletic LBs, not very many this year.

Back
Top Bottom