Name 1 QB of the Fins....... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name 1 QB of the Fins.......

Saban screwed us when he cut ferrot and let denver move up ahead of us in the draft for Cutler. We should of signed Steve Hutchingson that year and let Cutler sit on the bench for a year behind Ferrotte. Instead we took the great Jason Allen and gave minny our 2nd for DC. That set us back years.

Henne has not really proven anything as of yet.

Agreed, outside of Pennington, Ferrotte was the best QB we have seen since Dan the Man. but once again, mr. I wont be coaching at alabama next year screwed the pooch...

Romo, Brees, both Mannings, Schaub, Rodgers, McNabb, Orton, Ryan and Flacco and the list goes on. I include Ryan and Flacco because you will come back with some BS about how the Jets are 5-1 making Sanchez great.

He's in the middle of the pack at best. I do believe his accuracy is 29th. A top ten QB does not have accuracy that bad. That puts him in the company of Clausen and Anderson.

You have lost your mind.

You just look at stat sheets, sanchez has been better than:

Romo
Eli
McNabb
Ryan
Flacco
Rodgers
Schaub

he was having a better year than Brees until last week.

Let's compare individually:

Sanchez #s: 98-177, 1100 yds, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 86.4 rating, team is 5-1, leading O to 25 PPG
Romo: 143-206, 1566 yds, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 93.6 rating, team is 1-4, leading O to 19 PPG
Eli: 132-204, 1479 yds, 10 TDs, 8 INTs, 86.2 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 22 PPG
McNabb: 125-215, 1561 yds, 5 TDs, 5 INTs, 78.8 rating, team is 3-3, leading O to 18 PPG
Ryan: 132-219, 1415 yds, 9 TDs, 4 INTs, 85.3 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 21 PPG
Flacco: 124-205, 1401 yds, 7 TDs, 6 INTs, 80.2 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 19 PPG
Rodgers: 129-201, 1546 yds, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 89.7 rating, team is 3-3, leading O to 22 PPG
Schaub: 127-197, 1538 yds, 9 TDs, 5 INTs, 93 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 26 PPG

In that list only Schaub has a case and he may be having a slightly better season but in their 2 losses Schaub has led that high powered O to just 23 points total.

Someone has lost their mind but it's not me. Pretend Sanchez isn't a Jet and let me know your true feelings.

Dude are you really saying Sanchez is better than Eli Manning? Many analysts would consider Eli a top 3 QB.

Dude are you really saying Sanchez is better than Eli Manning? Many analysts would consider Eli a top 3 QB.

There isn't an analyst on the planet who would consider Eli a top 3 QB. He's on the border of being a top 3 QB in his own division. Eli is a good QB but he's not clsoe to top 3 and sanchez has had a better year so far.

You just look at stat sheets, sanchez has been better than:

Romo
Eli
McNabb
Ryan
Flacco
Rodgers
Schaub

he was having a better year than Brees until last week.

Let's compare individually:

Sanchez #s: 98-177, 1100 yds, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 86.4 rating, team is 5-1, leading O to 25 PPG
Romo: 143-206, 1566 yds, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 93.6 rating, team is 1-4, leading O to 19 PPG
Eli: 132-204, 1479 yds, 10 TDs, 8 INTs, 86.2 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 22 PPG
McNabb: 125-215, 1561 yds, 5 TDs, 5 INTs, 78.8 rating, team is 3-3, leading O to 18 PPG
Ryan: 132-219, 1415 yds, 9 TDs, 4 INTs, 85.3 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 21 PPG
Flacco: 124-205, 1401 yds, 7 TDs, 6 INTs, 80.2 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 19 PPG
Rodgers: 129-201, 1546 yds, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 89.7 rating, team is 3-3, leading O to 22 PPG
Schaub: 127-197, 1538 yds, 9 TDs, 5 INTs, 93 rating, team is 4-2, leading O to 26 PPG

In that list only Schaub has a case and he may be having a slightly better season but in their 2 losses Schaub has led that high powered O to just 23 points total.

Someone has lost their mind but it's not me. Pretend Sanchez isn't a Jet and let me know your true feelings.

You tell me I look at stat sheets then send me stats. :rolleyes2:

All those QBs I listed (except Flacco) are having a better season. I have said on numerous occasions Sanchez has potential but needs to improve his accuracy. He'll never improve getting rattled when the pressure is on. That is a very fair assessment of Sanchez.

Look at the weapons he has around him and still ranks in the middle of the pack in yardage and rating. Additionally, his YPA is 6.2 Pitiful when you consider who he is throwing to.

Put Sanchez on the Dolphins and you will easily see the truth about Sanchez. One of the top 5 most overhyped athletes in professional sports.

You tell me I look at stat sheets then send me stats. :rolleyes2:

All those QBs I listed (except Flacco) are having a better season. I have said on numerous occasions Sanchez has potential but needs to improve his accuracy. He'll never improve getting rattled when the pressure is on. That is a very fair assessment of Sanchez.

Look at the weapons he has around him and still ranks in the middle of the pack in yardage and rating. Additionally, his YPA is 6.2 Pitiful when you consider who he is throwing to.

Put Sanchez on the Dolphins and you will easily see the truth about Sanchez. One of the top 5 most overhyped athletes in professional sports.

I wasn't just showing individual stats, I think it's noteworthy to see their records and what they are leading their offenses to point wise.

The ONLY QB having as good of a season is Schaub but he does have the best WR in the game to throw to and despite that he and his O were completely shut down in their 2 lsoses and if not for a BS PI call this weekend they would likely be 3-3.

We run a balanced offense unlike some of these other QBs who throw alot more. His yardage is down but that had more to do w/ not allowing him to play week 1 and playing in a monsoon against Minny.

and while he has good weapons his best weapon didn't become available until last week. he's getting the job don, leading us to more poitns than just about any offense in the league. Against NE he was near unstoppable in the 2nd half as we pulled away, against you guys he led us on that great drive to milk the clock and score the TD to put us up 8 in the final mins, against Minny he led that great drive to put us up 9(if not for the D blowing it we never would have needed that INT) and last week he led us back to win despite throwing his first 2 INTs of the year.

If sanchez was on the dolphins this year you'd be 4-1. He outdueled henne in that Sunday Night Game, the game was decided at QB. Switch the teams and Miami wins that night.

W/ a guy like Marshall to throw to he could beat us w/o a doubt. There's no doubt as of today Chad Pennington has been a much better QB than Chad Henne, that doesn't mean you make the switch. Chad P is always an injury risk and Miami is doing the right thing looking toward the future w/ Henne but Chad P is the better QB.

I would never want FrankenHenne as my QB but he's proven he can be a serviceable QB in this league.

I love Chad but in one try Mark led us to the Title game, a place we never reached w/ Chad as our QB.

:vaark2:

yet another fin-centric discussion by fins fans for fins fans derailed and imploding.

:vaark2:

yet another fin-centric discussion by fins fans for fins fans derailed and imploding.

and why is that? I offered my opinion w/ nothing Jets related and other posters brought up sanchez. Stop blaming me and blame your fellow phin fans.

Junc, you know I value your opinion here because it's mostly unbiased but I have the same concerns about Mark Sanchez Ted has. He's not a very accurate QB and in the long run it will come back to haunt him I believe.

He has Edwards, Holmes, Keller and LT to throw to, a very good offensive line and he completes 55% of his passes? He had one game completing 70% of his passes, all other games were between 47 and 58. In 2009 it was almost the same. That's not very good and I cannot imagine the Jets going anywhere if he doesn't improve in that area.

I am not saying he's a bad QB. I am actually surprised by the way he has carried his team so far but that's only because he hasn't turned the ball over. When he starts doing that - and completing only half of his passes he will! - his rating will drop and the losses will come. Which is ok for me since I'm a Dolphins fan ;-)

I wasn't just showing individual stats, I think it's noteworthy to see their records and what they are leading their offenses to point wise.

The ONLY QB having as good of a season is Schaub but he does have the best WR in the game to throw to and despite that he and his O were completely shut down in their 2 lsoses and if not for a BS PI call this weekend they would likely be 3-3.

We run a balanced offense unlike some of these other QBs who throw alot more. His yardage is down but that had more to do w/ not allowing him to play week 1 and playing in a monsoon against Minny.

and while he has good weapons his best weapon didn't become available until last week. he's getting the job don, leading us to more poitns than just about any offense in the league. Against NE he was near unstoppable in the 2nd half as we pulled away, against you guys he led us on that great drive to milk the clock and score the TD to put us up 8 in the final mins, against Minny he led that great drive to put us up 9(if not for the D blowing it we never would have needed that INT) and last week he led us back to win despite throwing his first 2 INTs of the year.

If sanchez was on the dolphins this year you'd be 4-1. He outdueled henne in that Sunday Night Game, the game was decided at QB. Switch the teams and Miami wins that night.

Spiff nailed it. If Sanchez was throwing Int's your tune would change. His completion percentage is not good and the offense is reaping the rewards of a better then expected LT. He had two the last game against Denver so let's see how he responds to it.

Junc, you know I value your opinion here because it's mostly unbiased but I have the same concerns about Mark Sanchez Ted has. He's not a very accurate QB and in the long run it will come back to haunt him I believe.

He has Edwards, Holmes, Keller and LT to throw to, a very good offensive line and he completes 55% of his passes? He had one game completing 70% of his passes, all other games were between 47 and 58. In 2009 it was almost the same. That's not very good and I cannot imagine the Jets going anywhere if he doesn't improve in that area.

I am not saying he's a bad QB. I am actually surprised by the way he has carried his team so far but that's only because he hasn't turned the ball over. When he starts doing that - and completing only half of his passes he will! - his rating will drop and the losses will come. Which is ok for me since I'm a Dolphins fan ;-)

His accuracy is fine, he's had a ton of drops and he's made some bad decisions but he's getting better and better. We are not 5-1 w/o him, he has been a major factor in this season where i am now 100% confident in him on a weekly basis which I wasn't last year as a rookie. #s tell part of the story, I'd rathewr a 9-2 TD to INT ratio than a higher comp % especially considering he wasn'yt allowed to play week 1 b/c our CS was scared of Baltimore and he played a game in a monsoon 2 weeks ago where even favre's comp % was really low. Take away those 2 games and he's completing 60% of his passes.

He'll throw picks like he did Sunday but the impressive paret was he bounced back in the same game which last year the TOs would keep piling up. This year when he threw picks he moved on quickly and led us to the win.

Spiff nailed it. If Sanchez was throwing Int's your tune would change. His completion percentage is not good and the offense is reaping the rewards of a better then expected LT. He had two the last game against Denver so let's see how he responds to it.

But he's not throwing INTs which also included a game in a monsoon where favre turned it over 3 times. He's making mostly good decisions. he responded in den by not turning it over in the 2nd half and leading us to 14 pts in the final qtr when were down in that game.

you guys just keep buying juncs junk...for lack of a better term...

as for this eli manning is a top 3 qb i read on here...lol...thats the funniest thing i've read on this board in a while

you guys just keep buying juncs junk...for lack of a better term...

as for this eli manning is a top 3 qb i read on here...lol...thats the funniest thing i've read on this board in a while

yes, it is much better to make up an argument from an opposing poster rather than deal w/ facts:rolleyes2:

i think junc is lost on a lot of things but i do think that in the games i've seen from sanchez this year which is pretty much everyone but the broncos game which i missed i've come away very impressed with his work after week 1...

it looks to me like he's getting much better and playing at a pretty high level...i'd be more than satisfied with his play right now the last 4 weeks all told

There isn't an analyst on the planet who would consider Eli a top 3 QB. He's on the border of being a top 3 QB in his own division. Eli is a good QB but he's not clsoe to top 3 and sanchez has had a better year so far.

So you wouldn't trade Sanchez for Eli straight up? I think I would.

Back
Top Bottom