Name 1 QB of the Fins....... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name 1 QB of the Fins.......

His accuracy is fine, he's had a ton of drops and he's made some bad decisions but he's getting better and better. We are not 5-1 w/o him, he has been a major factor in this season where i am now 100% confident in him on a weekly basis which I wasn't last year as a rookie. #s tell part of the story, I'd rathewr a 9-2 TD to INT ratio than a higher comp % especially considering he wasn'yt allowed to play week 1 b/c our CS was scared of Baltimore and he played a game in a monsoon 2 weeks ago where even favre's comp % was really low. Take away those 2 games and he's completing 60% of his passes.

He'll throw picks like he did Sunday but the impressive paret was he bounced back in the same game which last year the TOs would keep piling up. This year when he threw picks he moved on quickly and led us to the win.

But he's not throwing INTs which also included a game in a monsoon where favre turned it over 3 times. He's making mostly good decisions. he responded in den by not turning it over in the 2nd half and leading us to 14 pts in the final qtr when were down in that game.

Yes he led you alright. Threw up a 50 yard pass and got a ridiculous PI call on 4th down. :rolleyes2:

So you wouldn't trade Sanchez for Eli straight up? I think I would.

That's a tough call, I think sanchez will wind up having a better career than Eli but right now I'd trust Eli in a big spot more than Sanchez.

Yes he led you alright. Threw up a 50 yard pass and got a ridiculous PI call on 4th down. :rolleyes2:

:lol: He bought time w/ his feet and gave his WR a chance and the ball likely would have been caught had he not been interfered with.

You are a good poster and good football fan ted but you cannot be serious saying that PI was ridiculous, it was as obvious a PI as you can have. There were plenty of BS calls that went against us on Sunday but that one that went for us was the proper call w/o a doubt.

i think junc is lost on a lot of things but i do think that in the games i've seen from sanchez this year which is pretty much everyone but the broncos game which i missed i've come away very impressed with his work after week 1...

it looks to me like he's getting much better and playing at a pretty high level...i'd be more than satisfied with his play right now the last 4 weeks all told

In some aspects, yes he has improved. Junc can sell you that they didn't let him play but what actually happened was the Ravens got pressure and rattled him. It happens each time a team gets close to him and if they get close continuously, he falls apart. That is not something that he can improve on. It's the way he is. That trait alone will keep him from establishing himself as nothing more then a game manager.

Great QBs don't get flustered when the defense is on them. You can bash Henne for some fundamental issues but pressure from the defense has no effect on him.

In some aspects, yes he has improved. Junc can sell you that they didn't let him play but what actually happened was the Ravens got pressure and rattled him. It happens each time a team gets close to him and if they get close continuously, he falls apart. That is not something that he can improve on. It's the way he is. That trait alone will keep him from establishing himself as nothing more then a game manager.

Great QBs don't get flustered when the defense is on them. You can bash Henne for some fundamental issues but pressure from the defense has no effect on him.

I have watched every snap of his career in the NFL, the gameplan against Bal was way too conservative b/c they had too much respect for the Bal defense. if they let him play like they have the rest of the year we would have won that game and we'd be 6-0.

Pressure affects all QBs, some handle it better than others. What happeend week 1 had nothing to do w/ pressure from bal's D. He was pressured as much, if not more, the next week vs. NE and he was great.

That's a tough call, I think sanchez will wind up having a better career than Eli but right now I'd trust Eli in a big spot more than Sanchez.

:lol: He bought time w/ his feet and gave his WR a chance and the ball likely would have been caught had he not been interfered with.

You are a good poster and good football fan ted but you cannot be serious saying that PI was ridiculous, it was as obvious a PI as you can have. There were plenty of BS calls that went against us on Sunday but that one that went for us was the proper call w/o a doubt.

He does dance around quite well. :lol:

That was borderline compounded by it being in that game situation. If the PI rule was changed to 15 yards, sure I'd throw the flag. But for the ball to be placed on the 2 when the defender only reached backed and got his hand in the face mask for a moment, was wrong. Just my opinion but I am sure there are a lot of people who agree the PI rule is getting absolutely ridiculous with what they are calling.

i'd give it more time before i pegged sanchez as nothing more than a game manager...he made some plays vertically down the field against us...but most young qbs are gonna be effected by pressure..whether it be rushing their reads or feeling phantom pressure

That was borderline compounded by it being in that game situation. If the PI rule was changed to 15 yards, sure I'd throw the flag. But for the ball to be placed on the 2 when the defender only reached backed and got his hand in the face mask for a moment, was wrong. Just my opinion but I am sure there are a lot of people who agree the PI rule is getting absolutely ridiculous with what they are calling.

If he's not interfered w/ he probably scores a TD there. Den's last TD was set up by a bad call which was compunded by a roughness penalty that shouldn't have been called AND the WR didn't get both feet in bounds on the TD. Those were bad calls, what happened w/ the PI was the correct call. Holmes got both hands on the ball and still almost caught it while his facemask was being jerked, he would have caught that ball if not for the PI.

If he's not interfered w/ he probably scores a TD there. Den's last TD was set up by a bad call which was compunded by a roughness penalty that shouldn't have been called AND the WR didn't get both feet in bounds on the TD. Those were bad calls, what happened w/ the PI was the correct call. Holmes got both hands on the ball and still almost caught it while his facemask was being jerked, he would have caught that ball if not for the PI.
I haven't watched the game yet so I can't comment on the penalties, but I did see the highlight and we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

IMHO this is a rule that the college game actually has it right over the NFL.

as much as i wanted to see the broncos beat the jets last week the moment that renaldo hill grabbed holmes face mask that was a legit pass interference penalty...and if you look at it renaldo hill if he doesn't grab holmes face mask to help him get his balance is falling and holmes probably catches that and scores with hill on the ground

when he grabbed his face mask he was using it to help him gain his balance...but its a pi penalty all day long

C'mon, bro. Had that been Marshall, Bess, or Hartline we'd have been screaming for the flag.

I really, really hate it when people make me agree with Junc. :oldman:

as much as i wanted to see the broncos beat the jets last week the moment that renaldo hill grabbed holmes face mask that was a legit pass interference penalty...and if you look at it renaldo hill if he doesn't grab holmes face mask to help him get his balance is falling and holmes probably catches that and scores with hill on the ground

when he grabbed his face mask he was using it to help him gain his balance...but its a pi penalty all day long

But to throw the flag in that situation was wrong. 4th down, game on the line, wasn't blatant and the topper is that it puts the ball at the 2. The NFL needs to look at the PI rule and change it to reflect the college rule.

The NHL and NBA officiating fluctuates towards the end of a game with the physical play being tolerated more. No reason the NFL officials can't use their judgement a little looser at the end of the game.

I would take Pennington for another year to let Henne learn more IF he was fully healthy. But I think his shoulder would not hold up a full season, so therefore Henne is learning under fire. At least by years end we should have a good assessment on wether he is our QB or if we need to look elsewhere. It would set us back another 2 years or more if we benched him this season.

His accuracy is fine, he's had a ton of drops and he's made some bad decisions but he's getting better and better. We are not 5-1 w/o him, he has been a major factor in this season where i am now 100% confident in him on a weekly basis which I wasn't last year as a rookie. #s tell part of the story, I'd rathewr a 9-2 TD to INT ratio than a higher comp % especially considering he wasn'yt allowed to play week 1 b/c our CS was scared of Baltimore and he played a game in a monsoon 2 weeks ago where even favre's comp % was really low. Take away those 2 games and he's completing 60% of his passes.

He'll throw picks like he did Sunday but the impressive paret was he bounced back in the same game which last year the TOs would keep piling up. This year when he threw picks he moved on quickly and led us to the win.

Be honest: if we brought these excuses up for Henne, you'd be saying the exact same thing I am going to say now. Every QB has his receivers drop the balls and every QB has to play a game or two in bad weather conditions (Sanchez probably even more so because of the Meadowlands). All those things will even out over a full 16-game season and we'll see where we are at the end of this year. Right now, I'm just worried that his completion percentage is too low to take you anywhere. Well.....'worried' might not be the right term here ;-)

But to throw the flag in that situation was wrong. 4th down, game on the line, wasn't blatant and the topper is that it puts the ball at the 2. The NFL needs to look at the PI rule and change it to reflect the college rule.

The NHL and NBA officiating fluctuates towards the end of a game with the physical play being tolerated more. No reason the NFL officials can't use their judgement a little looser at the end of the game.
End of game or not, a foul is a foul and it was clearly a foul on that play. It was the right call in my opinion although I also hated seeing the Jets win.

Back
Top Bottom