Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan.

5 best moments for me.
1. Was at the Dolphins vs Chiefs game. Telling my friends how great Wes Welker looks and mid sentence he returns a kick for a TD.
2. Going to spring training after signing Jr Seau and getting to meet him.
3. Was walking into a Ft. Lauderdale gas station, met and shook hands with Dan Marino.
4. Was in a turnpike gas station where I met and shook hands with David Bowens. His hand engulfed mine like I was a 5 year old and I'm a big dude.
5. The day we signed Ricky Williams (I'm a huge fan)

1. Fake spike. I mean come on, that’s just vintage Danny
2. Miami Miracle enough said.
3. 1994 opener against the Pats when Dan returned from his Achilles.
4. AJ Duhe’s 3 ints in the rain to beat the jets to go to the Super Bowl
5. Drafting Tua

The 1983 draft, when the Jets drafted Obrien I started bouncing around the shouting Dan Marino (the dolphins were right behind the jets that year). I didn't know how big of a draft pick it would eventually turn out to be......

I was middle school, but the draft was held during the school week), so used to always play sick and my parent being gullible fell for it each year. Espn coverage was actually so much better back then.....

Being a fan since 1966 means I have experienced many ups and downs with the Dolphins.

The most joyous moments were the 2 super bowl wins. Nothing is better than the team you root for winning the SB and I was fortunate enough to see the Dolphins win it 2 years in a row.

The other game that stands out is the Bears game. Not only that the Dolphins won that game against what was a great Bears team but what made it even better was there was a group of Bear fans sitting in front of us. Before the game they were telling all of the Dolphin fans that the Bears were going to crush the Dolphins. As they drank beers they just got more obnoxious. Watching them leave the stadium with 5 minutes left in the game knowing their team had lost and all the Dolphin fans waving goodbye as they left still makes me smile.
Yep. I'm old enough to remember when a 10-4 season just wasn't cutting it!

I believe Miami missed the playoffs three times in the 70's with 10-4 seasons.

There's nothing like winning a championship for sure. That easily ranks #1.

1) 72 Super Bowl, perfect season

2) 73 Super Bowl

3) 1984 season beginning with Marino’s 5 TD passes against the Redskins... umm, I mean the Washington football team... and culminating with 4 TD passes against Steelers in AFC championship

4) 1983 when Marino came in relief in 4th quarter against Raiders down 27-0 and leading Miami to 2 TDs. Knew it right away Marino was the man. Went into work the next day bragging Marino was special and would be the best QB in football.

5) Bob Griese throwing 6 TD passes on Thanksgiving. Disappointed Shula didn’t let Griese go for the record instead running the ball in the final two TDs. Shula was way more classy than me.

* Tough to leave the MNF victory over the Bears in 85 off the list, but had to get my childhood hero, Bob Griese, on the list.

Last edited:
Can't believe nobody is mentioning the 34-13 playoff win over the Chargers in '82 after they won that marathon game the year before in '81. We picked Fouts FIVE TIMES. He never returned to the playoffs. I was about as happy after that one as I have ever been watching this team. Maybe honorable mention for beating them 31-0 in '92 to make the AFCCG.

The perfect season
Winning again in 73
Beating the jets(Duhe's 3 INT's) to go to the SB
Marino's amazing season in 84 going to the SB
Every single kick off when they play Crazy Train....you know I had to

1. Capping off the undefeated season with a super bowl title.

2. Dominating the Vikings to win back-to-back super bowl titles.

3. The AFC title win over Pittsburgh getting Dan Marino to the super bowl in his first full season as a starter.

4. The Monday night win over the undefeated Bears.

5. Beating Oakland 27-10 to get back to the super bowl. Miami's nemesis in those days were the Raiders.
Good one, forgot about the Bears game. I actually re-watched it a few months ago.

Being a fan since 1966 means I have experienced many ups and downs with the Dolphins.

The most joyous moments were the 2 super bowl wins. Nothing is better than the team you root for winning the SB and I was fortunate enough to see the Dolphins win it 2 years in a row.

The other game that stands out is the Bears game. Not only that the Dolphins won that game against what was a great Bears team but what made it even better was there was a group of Bear fans sitting in front of us. Before the game they were telling all of the Dolphin fans that the Bears were going to crush the Dolphins. As they drank beers they just got more obnoxious. Watching them leave the stadium with 5 minutes left in the game knowing their team had lost and all the Dolphin fans waving goodbye as they left still makes me smile.
GREAT memory! :UP:

Back
Top Bottom