Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan.

Only been a fan since 1984

my list
Beating Steelers in afc to go to super bowl against niners.

beating bears mnf

beating the chiefs in wild card game 1990

Miami miracle

2016 playoff season.

those are ones that popped in my head

Beating bills in playoffs in 98 was sweet
And game winning drive in playoffs against Seahawks in 1999 before jags game might also be in list.

Beating the Chiefs 27-17 in the '94 wild card game (Marino beats Montana in post season, turned out to be Montana's final game)

Beating the Chargers in the '92 divisional round 31-0

Beating the Steelers in '84 AFC title game.

Beating the undefeated Bears on Monday night football in '85

Beating Buffalo in the '98 wild card game. (Finally beating the Bill's in the playoffs)

So many great memories! I copied a few of these but remember them all! Fins up!

1. Defeating the undefeated Bears 1985- I was at this game
2. The Fake Spike game
3. Pennington wins the East over Favre and the Jets
4. Miami Miracle I was at this game and the year after at home... another W
5. Drafting Tua I was at all of his home games... 2021 will be great!
6. Ricky Runs for 200 against the Bills... especially the 53YD TD Run!
7. Our undefeated season and all of the SBs we won or played in! Hoping they get in another soon!
8. The year we got our season tickets!

I was at the 85' Bears game with my mom, RIP. She brought a bag full of confetti and was throwing it on everyone around us, I was so embarrassed. We kicked their azz....... I also got to go into the locker room when I was about 11. Fuad Reviez gave me a football, that I still have to this day, which has about 30 signatures on it including Marino.

I was at the 85' Bears game with my mom, RIP. She brought a bag full of confetti and was throwing it on everyone around us, I was so embarrassed. We kicked their azz....... I also got to go into the locker room when I was about 11. Fuad Reviez gave me a football, that I still have to this day, who's has about 30 signatures on it including Marino

1984 final MNF game beating the Cowboys, then Sea then Pitt. Was happy to see those in person.

Leon Lett's fumble was pretty joyous since my best friend was Cowboys fan and furious for like a week.

I was too little to know what the hell was going in 1972.

Fiedler's TD vs the Raiders (SI cover 2003?). So many ups and downs with Fiedler, but this was a good one imo.

Ricky coming back. I love that guy, despite the Australia stuff.

First off I would just like to say I was born in 1981 so I wish I could have some of the memorable moments that happened prior to 1981 and these are the ones that stick out to me the most
And these are in no particular order
1) the wild-card game we're Lamar Thomas really just impress that's all I think
2) the Greg Camarillo 50 or 55 yard touchdown catch in overtime which ended up being the longest play of the year for the Dolphins but watching on TV I just seen the emotions of the heart of the Dolphins at the time
3) there's way too many to pick from but all the amazing orande gadsden catches
4) My father was a Dallas Cowboys fan and the Thanksgiving game we had went to meet with family. I was the only one in the living room watching the game because my father felt there was no need to watch it except in passing because "of course the cowboys would win". He and some other family members actually came in for the end and just the feeling not only of the Dolphins winning it because of Leon Lett and Stoyanivich and just the crazy ending but also it being against Dallas...what an amazing feeling.
5) This one is special just because I live in Louisiana, born and raised, (so you see why I became a dolphins fan lol) but I never thought I would have an opportunity to see a dolphins game live because I live in SW Louisiana and the dolphins and saints didn't play that often and Houston didn't have a team at the time (plus when they did they killed us everytime they played us when they came back as the Texans and I wouldn't want to have been at those games) After Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita the saints were playing out of LSU stadium and neither the dolphins or the saints had started the season off well. I went with one of my closest friends who of course was a die hard saints fan. The game was unremarkable as far as the stat line went, but there was a 50+ reception by David Boston which was his only catch of the game and I was so hyped about him when he came to the dolphins to have him and chambers on field and McMichael. Laughing because I told my friend that they could score any drive if they threw towards whoever Reggie Howard was supposed to be covering because he was so terrible. Point being, to sum it up, Seeing my lifelong favorite football team at the stadium, in person vs on TV, and it being a win is and will be a great memory. this was the box score. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200510300nor.htm

wish I didn't remember these 5
1) 2007 Draft, I was at work checking and watching on my phone.....just hoping quinn fell to us....and after every pick went by just seeing the stars align and then HOLY **** it happened he fell to us...dolphins are turning in the pick...we have a franchise Quarterback!! We have......TED GINN JR?!?!?!! the shock, hurt, and disbelief I felt in that moment I will never forget.
2) Greg Lloyd, he was an amazing linebacker, but when he said before playing us that he was going to knock Dan Marino into next week, and the hit that happened in that game I thought marino was going to be injured. Not sure why this still sticks out to me so much but for anyone that doesn't remember here is an article on it. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1995-09-19-9509190060-story.html
3) Marino retiring, I know that players careers cant go on forever and you do not want to see them play past a competitive point and look like a shell of themselves, it just felt like it would never be the same after that for me.
4) Cecil "the diesel" Collins. Former LSU running back, Mcneese State University (watched him play as this is my hometown), Miami Dolphins 5th rd pick in the 1999 draft, and soon to be prisoner sentenced to 15 years for burglary. I enjoyed watching him run the ball for lsu and the McNeese state Cowboys...I thought we really might have had something that would push us to get a Super Bowl with Marino at the end of his career....boy was I wrong.
5) Nick Saban. That is all I am going to say.

The 1983 draft, when the Jets drafted Obrien I started bouncing around the shouting Dan Marino (the dolphins were right behind the jets that year). I didn't know how big of a draft pick it would eventually turn out to be......

I was middle school, but the draft was held during the school week), so used to always play sick and my parent being gullible fell for it each year. Espn coverage was actually so much better back then.....
Hahahah I pulled the same “I don’t feel good” thing until one year my older brother ratted me out.

*Might be a little harder for some of the younger crew...
Let's try something positive for a change. Here are 5 of mine in no particular order
Dolphins beating the Steelers to advance to SuperBowl XIX
Shula taking over as the all-time leader in wins (was there in Philly)
Watching Marino win the fake spike game and walking off the field with him afterward
Landing Ricky Williams
Watching Dan break Fran Tarkenton's touchdown record in 95' to become the all-time king
#1, not even close, mud bowl. Destroyed the Jets.

Crumby weather, messy field, dirty uniform, dirt in the face, thats what real football is all about.

Last edited:
First off I would just like to say I was born in 1981 so I wish I could have some of the memorable moments that happened prior to 1981 and these are the ones that stick out to me the most
And these are in no particular order
1) the wild-card game we're Lamar Thomas really just impress that's all I think
2) the Greg Camarillo 50 or 55 yard touchdown catch in overtime which ended up being the longest play of the year for the Dolphins but watching on TV I just seen the emotions of the heart of the Dolphins at the time
3) there's way too many to pick from but all the amazing orande gadsden catches
4) My father was a Dallas Cowboys fan and the Thanksgiving game we had went to meet with family. I was the only one in the living room watching the game because my father felt there was no need to watch it except in passing because "of course the cowboys would win". He and some other family members actually came in for the end and just the feeling not only of the Dolphins winning it because of Leon Lett and Stoyanivich and just the crazy ending but also it being against Dallas...what an amazing feeling.
5) This one is special just because I live in Louisiana, born and raised, (so you see why I became a dolphins fan lol) but I never thought I would have an opportunity to see a dolphins game live because I live in SW Louisiana and the dolphins and saints didn't play that often and Houston didn't have a team at the time (plus when they did they killed us everytime they played us when they came back as the Texans and I wouldn't want to have been at those games) After Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita the saints were playing out of LSU stadium and neither the dolphins or the saints had started the season off well. I went with one of my closest friends who of course was a die hard saints fan. The game was unremarkable as far as the stat line went, but there was a 50+ reception by David Boston which was his only catch of the game and I was so hyped about him when he came to the dolphins to have him and chambers on field and McMichael. Laughing because I told my friend that they could score any drive if they threw towards whoever Reggie Howard was supposed to be covering because he was so terrible. Point being, to sum it up, Seeing my lifelong favorite football team at the stadium, in person vs on TV, and it being a win is and will be a great memory. this was the box score. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200510300nor.htm

wish I didn't remember these 5
1) 2007 Draft, I was at work checking and watching on my phone.....just hoping quinn fell to us....and after every pick went by just seeing the stars align and then HOLY **** it happened he fell to us...dolphins are turning in the pick...we have a franchise Quarterback!! We have......TED GINN JR?!?!?!! the shock, hurt, and disbelief I felt in that moment I will never forget.
2) Greg Lloyd, he was an amazing linebacker, but when he said before playing us that he was going to knock Dan Marino into next week, and the hit that happened in that game I thought marino was going to be injured. Not sure why this still sticks out to me so much but for anyone that doesn't remember here is an article on it. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1995-09-19-9509190060-story.html
3) Marino retiring, I know that players careers cant go on forever and you do not want to see them play past a competitive point and look like a shell of themselves, it just felt like it would never be the same after that for me.
4) Cecil "the diesel" Collins. Former LSU running back, Mcneese State University (watched him play as this is my hometown), Miami Dolphins 5th rd pick in the 1999 draft, and soon to be prisoner sentenced to 15 years for burglary. I enjoyed watching him run the ball for lsu and the McNeese state Cowboys...I thought we really might have had something that would push us to get a Super Bowl with Marino at the end of his career....boy was I wrong.
5) Nick Saban. That is all I am going to say.
Those are some good ones. I was also stoked for Cecil and D Boston, unfortunately, it didn't last long...

Back
Top Bottom