Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan.

I was at the Marino induction, I think I remember seeing you there... lol
That's where I met and became friends with Vernon Carey's Dad. I also had a bizarre encounter with Ricky Williams at the team hotel in Cleveland but that's for another day...
Oh yeah...I was easy to spot in the crowd I had a Marino jersey on. :lol:

Cool to hear about you meeting and becoming friends with Carey's dad.

Oh yeah...I was easy to spot in the crowd I had a Marino jersey on. :lol:

Cool to hear about you meeting and becoming friends with Carey's dad.
Yeah, Vince is a pretty cool guy. I used to hang out with him and tailgate with him at the games whenever I went down. That's when Vernon was still on the team. I gave him a ride from his hotel in Cleveland down to the HOF game in Canton (The Phins played the Bears if you remember) and then drove him back up to his hotel where the team was staying. He didn't have transportation and was stuck so I helped him out. I've been to a few private parties with him and met a lot of players due to being his friend. Have been friends ever since...

1) Finishing up the Perfect Season. I fully understood the magnitude, and how the rest of the league would react. To this day I savor that feat and unabashedly root for specific teams to lose on opening day

2) Christmas Day double overtime over Kansas City in 1971, 27-24. That was easily the most joyous game in Dolphins history. Maybe you have to be old enough to understand that. The Super Bowl over the Redskins was pressure packed and equally as much relief as euphoria. The following year we expected to handle the Vikings easily. But in 1971 we were still upstarts and had no idea if the team would become fully legitimate. A few lucky breaks then Garo's kick sent Miamians out onto the streets for hours, holding up white sheets and waving hankies as every passing car honked in jubilation

3) The win over the Vikings has to be up there, even if I expected 250+ rushing yards

4) Giants upset of Patriots in 2007 season Super Bowl. What an incredible feeling. I believe it was Keuchenberg who put it best, when he said that game was the best game since the Super Bowl over the Vikings. Absolutely. It dwarfs insignificant Dolphin wins, considering what would have been forever lost.

5) Monday Night victory over the Bears in 1985. Similar to #4 but has to slot lower given many hurdles yet to come for Chicago, although little doubt they would clear every one of them. Miami was only 3.5 to 4 point underdog to the Bears, compared to Giants 11.5 point underdogs to New England in the Super Bowl. That's another reason the order is obvious

• Stopping Washington's last effort as time expired (Superbowl VII)
  • Watching Shula get win 325 at Vet Stadium VS the Eagles
  • Dan Marino's second season (passing the 5000 yard threshold)
  • Dan's fake spike
  • Pennington's comeback winning the AFC East after a 1 win season

What a great thread!!

I'm young. I don't have any playoff victories to remember.

That being said:
1) 2008 Week 17 @ Jets (Ted Ginn two touchdowns, Chad Pennington eliminates Brett Favre and the Jets from the playoffs and the Dolphins clinch the AFC East title)
2) 2016 Week 16 @ Bills (Jay Ajayi's third 200 yard game of the year, Andrew Franks nails a 57 yard fireman drill field goal to force overtime and Ajayi breaks off another long run in OT to set up the game winning field goal. The Chiefs beat the Broncos on Sunday Night Football to clinch the Dolphins a wild card spot.)
3) Miami Miracle (2018)
4) Monday Night Miracle (2004)
5) 2005 Week 13 vs Bills (20 point 4th quarter comeback led by backup QB Sage Rosenfels, with Chris Chambers capping off a career 200+ yard day by catching the game winning touchdown on 4th and 11 with 10 seconds left in the game.)

Honorable mentions: Wildcat game (2008), 2019 Week 13 vs Eagles (Matt Haack to Jason Sanders TD pass), 2019 Week 17 @ Patriots (Ryan Fitzpatrick game winning TD to Mike Gesicki, forces Patriots to play in wild card game and catalyst to the end of the Tom Brady era in New England)

Hoping Flo and this current Dolphins group makes more good memories.

1. Hiring Don Shula 1970. Turned a loser into a 10-4 team first year.
2 Opening game 1984. Against the Redskins realizing what we had in Dan Marino as he shredded them, and realizing that Mark Clayton was every bit a weapon as Mark Duper.
3. The December 2 1985 Beating the unbeaten Chicago Bears.
4. Getting Hugh Green in a trade from Tampa , to give us a pass rusher, the feel of a explosive pass rusher , dreams of a Dominant Super Bowl contending Defense were ripped away with a ugly mostly career ending knee injury .
5. All the draft hype from the very early Eighties to now, buying Joel Buschbaum, Mel Kiper, Nolan nawrockies , books spending agonizing months waiting for drafts and the dream of players to deliver Super Bowls .
The excitement of getting Troy Vincent , and Marco Coleman , Or Richmond Webb & Keith Sims, Or big ol Tim Bowen’s the absolute monster on Defense line .John Offerdahl or Brian Cox , or my so may great memories

1. Hiring Don Shula 1970. Turned a loser into a 10-4 team first year.
2 Opening game 1984. Against the Redskins realizing what we had in Dan Marino as he shredded them, and realizing that Mark Clayton was every bit a weapon as Mark Duper.
3. The December 2 1985 Beating the unbeaten Chicago Bears.
4. Getting Hugh Green in a trade from Tampa , to give us a pass rusher, the feel of a explosive pass rusher , dreams of a Dominant Super Bowl contending Defense were ripped away with a ugly mostly career ending knee injury .
5. All the draft hype from the very early Eighties to now, buying Joel Buschbaum, Mel Kiper, Nolan nawrockies , books spending agonizing months waiting for drafts and the dream of players to deliver Super Bowls .
The excitement of getting Troy Vincent , and Marco Coleman , Or Richmond Webb & Keith Sims, Or big ol Tim Bowen’s the absolute monster on Defense line .John Offerdahl or Brian Cox , or my so may great memories
I remember getting Hugh Green, I was stoked over that one too... :UP:

2000 season playoff comeback vs the Colts, Lamar Smith
1990 season playoff victory over the Chiefs
1984 drubbing of Steelers in playoffs
1982 AJ Duhe game vs Jets in rain in playoffs
1982 playoffs destroying the Chargers after the year before they beat us in Miami in the Hook and lateral game.

Beating the Chiefs 27-17 in the '94 wild card game (Marino beats Montana in post season, turned out to be Montana's final game)

Beating the Chargers in the '92 divisional round 31-0

Beating the Steelers in '84 AFC title game.

Beating the undefeated Bears on Monday night football in '85

Beating Buffalo in the '98 wild card game. (Finally beating the Bill's in the playoffs)
Those are all good ones. Beating bills was sweet finally in playoffs

1) ran into Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Olindo Mare and Ed Perry accidentally at the NFL HOF for Marino’s induction.
2) Miami Miracle after staying up all night in Thailand to watch the game, then spending the next 17 hours in flights to Tokyo and DC being to excited to sleep lol.
3) Watching Leon Lett kick the blocked FG when I was 9 years old at my grandparents house and me slowing start comprehending we get to try again.
4) Being at MetLife Stadium in 2016 after we scored three touchdowns in 7 minutes and offering all the Jets fans in my section to pay for their train ticket home to beat the traffic while drunk off my ***.
5) Watching Trace Armstrong crush Doug Flutie causing a fumble that sealed a playoff victory, unknown at the time that would be Buffalo’s last playoff appearance for 20 years.

Great offseason topic BTW man. Really enjoyed reading everyone’s responses.
Those are great ones. Especially the trace Armstrong sack. Loved it.
I think bills made it next year right? Lost to the Titans on that crazy ending?

1. Fake Spike game
2. Thanksgiving game vs Cowgirls
3. Any game we win against division rival
4. Beating colts in wildcard game back in 2000 (went to the game)

Back
Top Bottom