Name your reasons the Phins lost today at NE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your reasons the Phins lost today at NE

Psychosis.

I'm serious.

In the first half, the Dolphins couldn't cover anyone, couldn't tackle anyone, and couldn't execute basic football plays. As Coach Gase told the reporter going in at the half, on every play somebody managed to screw up.

On offense, we had:

1. Failed QB sneak
2. Dropped pass
3. Blown blocking assignment
4. Bad snap (Bushrod never signaled for it)
5. Fumble
6. Interception

That's six plays in which someone clearly failed badly enough to not only sink the play, but in most of those cases, the entire possession.

Every play, it is a different guy. How does that happen? Why does that happen? The only explanation I can come up with is that it's mental. This team believes that they are going to lose and it impacts their play. They think they're going to screw up, and then they do.

Don't know how you fix that.
Gut it.

Psychosis.

I'm serious.

In the first half, the Dolphins couldn't cover anyone, couldn't tackle anyone, and couldn't execute basic football plays. As Coach Gase told the reporter going in at the half, on every play somebody managed to screw up.

On offense, we had:

1. Failed QB sneak
2. Dropped pass
3. Blown blocking assignment
4. Bad snap (Bushrod never signaled for it)
5. Fumble
6. Interception

That's six plays in which someone clearly failed badly enough to not only sink the play, but in most of those cases, the entire possession.

Every play, it is a different guy. How does that happen? Why does that happen? The only explanation I can come up with is that it's mental. This team believes that they are going to lose and it impacts their play. They think they're going to screw up, and then they do.

Don't know how you fix that.

That 3rd down read (possible stare down) in the 1st quarter to Cameron in double coverage at the sideline was worse then half of those. Jarvis Landry in the middle was easily the better option.

Defense sucks and the offense didn't bother to show until the game was well out of hand. They were given a break when Jimmy G was knocked out but the defense still couldn't get the job done vs a rookie 3rd stringer. Team is just bad and they have no excuses.

Can't stop a big running back (Blount)
Landry and Ajayi fumbles

I like Gase....but coaching killed this team today. In the 4th quarter I was yelling on my couch with my 12-year-old, NE is giving it to Blount, just stop him! Ugh.

Because NE was the better team. Why do we always get upset when Miami wins and the other team, fans or media doesn't give the Dolphins credit and come up with excuses yet we seldomly want to just give the other team credit.

Our defense is full of name who never make a play when we badly need one

I would say defense. You can't allow a backup qb to go 15 for 18 and 3TD's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very slow start offensively, and poor defensive play. We had LBs evacuating their zones which resulted in a few big plays from broken plays. Also Bobby McCain plaing outside shoulder in man with no safety help was bad.

Even after the injury, we couldn't stop the run either which hurt.

Most of all, just mistakes. Look at the offensive mistakes Wanny mentioned, but also look at the Ajayi fumble in the 2nd half, the McCain personal foul, and missed tackles.

I like Gase....but coaching killed this team today. In the 4th quarter I was yelling on my couch with my 12-year-old, NE is giving it to Blount, just stop him! Ugh.

I'd blame Vance Joseph, I don't know what to think of him as a DC. He doesn't have any LBs to work with.

One more thing I want to mention for my psychosis argument. Even our equipment guys ****ed up. Do you believe that? They put a bad battery in the QB's helmet.

Even the damn equipment guys.

Back
Top Bottom