Name your reasons the Phins lost today at NE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your reasons the Phins lost today at NE

One more thing I want to mention for my psychosis argument. Even our equipment guys ****ed up. Do you believe that? They put a bad battery in the QB's helmet.

Even the damn equipment guys.

I'd like to think it was bugged by NE. Since the same thing happened with Pitt and GB, and I'm sure a few other teams. ;) hehehehe

Defense getting torched for 31 + not being able to stop NE on last drive when it was basically just LeGarrette Blount runs to the outside

Honorable mention: bad Jay Ajayi fumble at start of 3rd quarter that ended up being difference in game

Next time we face the pats brady is going to score 50 on this defense w gronk omg

1. 3 turnovers
2. No running game
3. D can't stop the run or pass
4. Clock management (tannehill has to get that play off before the end of the 3rd quarter and Gase wasted like 15 seconds before the 2 minutes warning to call a TO)
5. We gave up points before our offense showed up.

How the **** do you **** up two opportunities to fall on a loose football?

Only scoring 3 points in the first half
Can't stop the run
3 turnovers

Honestly these 3 things say the whole game.

We simply never play complementary football. Haven't for some time.

When our defense is ballin, our offense fails to move the ball and capitalize on it. When our offense is on a roll, our defense gives up points or long drives.

That's just a sign of a team that doesn't know how to win, and it just leads to hearbreaking losses.

Lots of issues to go around, but the key one to me was the fumble on the opening drive of the 2nd half.....terrible fumble and NE turned it into a touchdown.

Psychosis.

I'm serious.

In the first half, the Dolphins couldn't cover anyone, couldn't tackle anyone, and couldn't execute basic football plays. As Coach Gase told the reporter going in at the half, on every play somebody managed to screw up.

It is no surprise that our secondary had problems, but we did better when we pressed those little, quick receivers. I mentioned in the game thread that we should start the game with the press. Joesph made a mistake not pressing from the start. It took him three drives to go to the press. Despite Coach Gase saying they needed to react quickly to what they saw, Joseph was slow. That was a mistake that could have been corrected. Every part of the team contributed to the loss, but I am disappointed in our coaching staff.

LBs get torched in the short passing game. They are horrid at pass coverage. And why do our DTs take an outside rush? It leaves a clear lane for the QB to step up and pick apart a bad LB crew. I was screaming from the 1st drive "blitz a LB up the middle and take that away". The LBs are useless in coverage anyway. Might as well blitz them. 1st time Kiko did it; he got right thru and then of course missed the tackle.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

And stop deferring if we win the toss. Tired of the defense giving up a 75 yard, 10 minute drive to open the game.

The defence is horrific. As I have said all offseason.

The defence is horrific. As I have said all offseason.

I don't think horrific is a strong enough word. The great showing in Seattle is a fraud. The Rams are leading 6-3 late in the 2nd.

I concur w/ JDW in post 5. There is something systemically wrong w/ the organization.

Back in the day, (HOF Pitcher) Tom Glavine would more often than not get rocked in the 1st inning than be fine. He was that way until saw a sports psychologist which is d@mn near improbable to do that for an entire organization.

I'm a firm believer that Geography determines History. I hate to keep bring bringing up the Nfl alignment, but, really how much success have the phins had since the NFL has gone 4 by 4 by 2?

p.s. Sod Tradition. Some of you would sing a different tune if Miami were in the same division as HOU, TN, & Jville. Indy to the N & Bmore to the east obviously.

Theres about 53 reasons why (plus however many coaches we have).

For me it was the lack of running game which was spectacular putrid (Bench Ajayi, promote Drake), and the defense from the line to the LBs (what a wicked waste of money on that line).

First it was the defense. Garoppolo was 5 for 5 for 65 yards and a TD. It would've been great had Miami answered but that wasn't in the cards. He had 234 yds and 3 TDs in a half. Only against Miami I guess.

The offense couldn't get out of its own shadow until right before the half. Sure I give them credit for getting back to within 7 with 6:06 to play but it obviously wasn't enough.

The defense was on the field a lot today b/c the offense didn't sustain 1st half drives and they couldn't stop NE for ****. On NE's final drive, they burned 5 minutes off the clock b/c the defense couldn't stop Blount and the rookie QB. Had Miami had more time than a minute left I figure they would've tied the game.

Back
Top Bottom