Name your reasons the Phins lost today at NE | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your reasons the Phins lost today at NE

The defense was on the field a lot today b/c the offense didn't sustain 1st half drives and they couldn't stop NE for ****. On NE's final drive, they burned 5 minutes off the clock b/c the defense couldn't stop Blount and the rookie QB. Had Miami had more time than a minute left I figure they would've tied the game.

I will not defend a bad first half performance from our offense but neither will I accept the RIDICULOUS "they were tired" excuse for our defense.

The Patriots scored three touchdowns on their first three possessions to quickly go up 21-0 and then scored a touchdown on their first possession of the second half after our defense had had a chance to get in at halftime and get some rest. That was also after our offense had been driving with the ball for a few minutes.

They were tired, my ass. They got outcoached, outplayed, and embarrassed. They simply could not stop Jimmy Papadopolous and the only reason we were able to slow down the pace of the ass whipping was that Kiko Alonso planted that olive munching dickbag into the concrete they call a playing surface up there and knocked him out of the game.

We don't have enough premium talent. Poor drafts for too many years and then players allowed to leave. Those draft classes should be the core of the team.

I really think Olivier Vernon might have made a difference today, at least in the second half. The Patriots were reluctant to ask Brissett to do too much but they didn't have to once they found that cheap path for Blount around the left side.

Gase wants a dink-and-dunk offense similar to what Philbin/Lazor ran, and by not being able to score a TD until sometime in the 3rd quarter he proved that his offense is just as ineffective as Philbin's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychosis.

I'm serious.

In the first half, the Dolphins couldn't cover anyone, couldn't tackle anyone, and couldn't execute basic football plays. As Coach Gase told the reporter going in at the half, on every play somebody managed to screw up.

On offense, we had:

1. Failed QB sneak
2. Dropped pass
3. Blown blocking assignment
4. Bad snap (Bushrod never signaled for it)
5. Fumble
6. Interception

That's six plays in which someone clearly failed badly enough to not only sink the play, but in most of those cases, the entire possession.

Every play, it is a different guy. How does that happen? Why does that happen? The only explanation I can come up with is that it's mental. This team believes that they are going to lose and it impacts their play. They think they're going to screw up, and then they do.

Don't know how you fix that.

I agree on 'mental' with two tweaks . . . First, I'd say the mental aspect includes the coaches. Why does Miami always start vanilla? Why were DBs playing off against NE?
Second, the run D was bad, right side particularly.

I will not defend a bad first half performance from our offense but neither will I accept the RIDICULOUS "they were tired" excuse for our defense.

The Patriots scored three touchdowns on their first three possessions to quickly go up 21-0 and then scored a touchdown on their first possession of the second half after our defense had had a chance to get in at halftime and get some rest. That was also after our offense had been driving with the ball for a few minutes.

They were tired, my ass. They got outcoached, outplayed, and embarrassed. They simply could not stop Jimmy Papadopolous and the only reason we were able to slow down the pace of the ass whipping was that Kiko Alonso planted that olive munching dickbag into the concrete they call a playing surface up there and knocked him out of the game.

Just like you can count on our offense to be slow out of the blocks our defense will wilt when called upon at the end of the game. Someday we might actually get some complementary play from all three facets.

TURNOVERS.

You simply can't turnover the ball and expect to beat the Pats.....regardless who is QB.

Same as every year. (Lack of) Talent on both sides of the ball. Sloppy play made it even worse.

We have a couple very good players surrounded by meh.

That, and the Pats own us in their stadium.

They know how to attack us, they know our weaknesses, and they exploit it big time. Add in turnovers, they could of put 40+ on us if Jimmy didn't get injured.

The Pats did basically all of their damage in the first quarter. The third TD was with 13:14 left in the 2nd quarter, and were on the 32 to start the 2nd quarter. After that, the D actually started figuring something out, although it was too little, too late. Here were the Pats possessions after that score:

3 and out
3 and out (nullified by Illegal hands to the face by Howard), 3 more plays Bobby McCain forced fumble on Amendola.
2 incompletes and a bogus unnecessary roughness on IAQ when Edelman dropped his head, 3 more plays for not much & JimmyG gets hurt

Phins looked like they would have scored right before the half but had to kick the FG due to time remaining. Bottom line though, if our D can't take one 3 and out by the offense without giving the other team a 14 points, or two 3 and outs without giving 21 points, then we are going to lose A LOT of games. There is no way the D was tired at that point.

How do you gameplan to play that loose when you know they use a short passing game?

How do you gameplan that when the supposed whole new concept was a press man scheme?

Somebody please explain that to me...because I must be stupid.

The Patriots are a very good team playing at home. That is the reason we lost.

How do you gameplan to play that loose when you know they use a short passing game?

How do you gameplan that when the supposed whole new concept was a press man scheme?

Somebody please explain that to me...because I must be stupid.

100% agree.

You can't play that "bend but dont break" **** against them, they will eat you alive.

To beat the pats (particularly without Brady) you have to "break but don't bend." What I mean by that is, you have to play press coverage and dare them to beat you deep.

We flat out failed in every facet of this game.

Out coached, period. You are playing the master, and he gave Gase his first lesson.

My opinion is that Belichick is the star of this team. Brady or not, he just wins. Our defense looked confused most of the game, especially in the first half. The secondary looked surprised on every play.
The offense had drops and a horribly timed fumble. Ryan looked scared from the first play and started to put more into the game as it went on. His run at the end of the game was him trying to pull out everything he could to win the game because his play up to that point was average at best in the first half. Ryan played well in the second half, but where was this in the first half? Seems like our coaches want to go play nice and just win by a few. Belichick always plays to crush the opponent from the first play to the last.
We got screwed over by the NFL to play our first 2 games in horrible places for visiting teams. The air in this team does not last long when we lose at the beginning of the season. The players become defeated and this happens season after season.
The next game is moot for me. If we win, and it's a big if, will fans go on to ignore the problems we displayed the first 2 games? Beating Cleveland will not bring some great status , it just show what we always do, beat the ad teams and lose to the giants.

Defensive scheme to start game was well planned for and exploited. Adjustments were not made. Offense couldn't move ball to start game.

Back
Top Bottom