Nate burleson | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

This is a more curious visit than any of the other ones so far. He will be 33 this season and is not a tall WR like I figured they would mostly be looking for right now. Plus is in the downside of his career. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Matthews pretty much locked into the roster, not sure I understand the Burleson interest.

With Gibson and Hartline scheduled to miss most if not all of the off-season, Burleson would bring a veteran presence opposite Wallace for Tannehill to throw to. Having a receiver who knows where to be and when to be there is important for a quarterback and I think that is why there is interest in Burleson.

Tom Reed ‏@treed1919 22m

Report: Veteran receiver Nate Burleson scheduled to visit with #Browns

The Browns might not be finished reshaping their receiving corps in free agency.

Detroit Lions veteran Nate Burleson is scheduled to visit the Browns on Saturday, according to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports. The 32-year-old, who’s battled injuries in recent seasons, is expected to meet with the Miami Dolphins prior to talking with the Browns.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/04/report_veteran_receiver_nate_b.html

Leave it up to FH to flip a **** over a Vet WR coming in for a visit for a possible 1 year, vet minimum deal, that he will hopefully make the roster but most likely becomes a camp cut.

:boohoo:

Maybe, but Gibson is supposed to be ready for offseason camps. I just don't know where Burleson fits.

I've heard from an athletic trainer that patellar tendon tears are incredibly difficult to come back from, so I wouldn't guarantee that he's ready for OTAs. I'd say it's more plausible to say he'd be ready for training camp

Due to the relatively infrequent nature of this injury, the sample sizes in all the studies are rather small, and a meta-analysis has yet to be performed to further delineate the statistical significance of an aggressive rehabilitative protocol. Nonetheless, there appears to be a definite trend toward aggressive postoperative rehabilitation for earlier return to preinjury activity, much like that observed with the repaired Achilles tendon.

Guess its going to really be a wait and see with Gibson...really thought it hurt the offensee when he left with injury.

Wallace needs a mentor. He still has a slight "me" problem. He needs to learn from a vet how to be a member of a team. And how to be a leader. Some are born leaders, some can learn to lead somewhat. Wallace needs to learn.

Wallace needs a mentor. He still has a slight "me" problem. He needs to learn from a vet how to be a member of a team. And how to be a leader. Some are born leaders, some can learn to lead somewhat. Wallace needs to learn.

Agreed although how to be pro ought to be taught the WR coach and not having to waste a roster spot.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 1m

Quick N.Burleson update:He arrived in S.Florida tonight,will continue Dolphins visit Friday,then will fly to Cleveland to meet with Browns.

Agreed although how to be pro ought to be taught the WR coach and not having to waste a roster spot.

Disagree. A fellow player has as much, if not more impact than a coach. The words of another player are simply much more powerful.

Wallace is 27(soon to be 28) years old, a 5 year vet, and a former Steeler. If he hasnt learned to be a good team member yet, then its probably not going to happen.

I dont see any reason why we should try and force Wallace into a leadership position. Havent we had enough trouble with that of late? We need guys who people gravitate towards in that role, not guys who have the highest paycheck. Preferably we need guys who have been drafted by this franchise and have been here through the thick and thin. Someone who has a appreciation for this organization and its history. Thankfully, we have someone who could, eventually, fit that role: Ryan Tannehill.

Nate Burleson would be a disaster of a signing in every regard. If we are going after receivers, we need to do it in the draft. This is a loaded class. There is no reason to repeat the same mistake we made in 2010 when we passed on all the tight ends. **** need, bring in great players. Burleson isnt one.

Wallace is 27(soon to be 28) years old, a 5 year vet, and a former Steeler. If he hasnt learned to be a good team member yet, then its probably not going to happen.

I dont see any reason why we should try and force Wallace into a leadership position. Havent we had enough trouble with that of late? We need guys who people gravitate towards in that role, not guys who have the highest paycheck. Preferably we need guys who have been drafted by this franchise and have been here through the thick and thin. Someone who has a appreciation for this organization and its history. Thankfully, we have someone who could, eventually, fit that role: Ryan Tannehill.

Nate Burleson would be a disaster of a signing in every regard. If we are going after receivers, we need to do it in the draft. This is a loaded class. There is no reason to repeat the same mistake we made in 2010 when we passed on all the tight ends. **** need, bring in great players. Burleson isnt one.

this

I say don't let him leave, he may be older but he will be a presence int he lockerroom for sure. Depth is a good thing at WR

Heard tonight that receiver Nate Burleson plans to visit Cleveland after completing his Dolphins visit on Friday. Burleson dined with at least one Dolphins coach tonight and will meet with Dolphins officials at team headquarters Friday. (A veteran of his caliber is not expected to do an on-field workout.)

Burleson will then head to Cleveland on Friday night to meet with the Browns over the weekend.

So a decision on his future is not expected for a few days

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom