Nate burleson | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

I've heard from an athletic trainer that patellar tendon tears are incredibly difficult to come back from, so I wouldn't guarantee that he's ready for OTAs. I'd say it's more plausible to say he'd be ready for training camp

Patient dependedent. Depends on how much of a tear and where the tear was too. Bad for the 2013 season but good for 2014 is that his tear has more time to heal. I'm hoping Hartline is ready to go given the timing of his injury.

People are making out like Miami wants to make Burleson the Alpha receiver next season. :lol:

Wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't sign him but wouldn't be jumping for joy if we did either. Nates had some injury problems but still a solid WR. We have quite a few receivers still banged up. Wouldn't hurt to have some depth.

With all of these FA receiver signings/inquiries you can mark receiver off the draft list (like I knew they would).

We're pretty deep at the position. Binns or Burleson as a 5th option is not bad at all..

According to some one this board our WR core is so bad he would instantly be a starter :lol:

He's coming in to compete with Tannehill.....because as you know he has zero pocket presence and can't throw worth a crap down the field to anyone. Our new QB has arrived!!! Wallacefan and Shou are surely so happy right now :chuckle:

wallace- not performing to expectations

Hartline- ligament tear

Gibson- season-ending injury

Tell us about our "solid", "impressive" WR corps. We need yet again to quit ignoring skill positions and realize we need talent catching the ball.

One positive to keep in mind on receiver Nate Burleson, who is visiting Dolphins headquarters today after dining with team officials last night: His 5.7 average for yards-after-catch last season (on 39 catches) was outstanding --- 20th in the league and far better than anyone with the Dolphins. Brian Hartline averaged 4.1, Mike Wallace 3.8.

Heading into their visit with Burleson, the Dolphins had made offers to every free agent who has visited.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-marlins-canes-quick-hits.html#storylink=cpy

I would be happy to sign Nate, he brings some leadership to our WR room and can perform in a pinch if one of Hartline, Gibson, Binns cant go due to injury issues.

Yesterday when the news broke of his visit, Armando(like most of us) was scratching his head wondering how this makes sense. Well, Armando must have been tipped off about what the backstory of this visit means as he has now changed his tone. Seems like the visit and possible signing is insurance in the Brandon Gibson recovery. I guess that makes sense since his was by far the worst of the injuries sustained by our top wide receivers. Hartline's didn't even require surgery and Binns was tore his ACL a couple of months before Gibson go hurt(Binns is further along in rehab).

Per Rotoworld/Caplan:

Free agent Nate Burleson's Dolphins visit has ended, and he will fly to Cleveland this evening.
Per ESPN's Adam Caplan, Burleson's flight to visit the Browns will leave "in a few hours." Burleson is going on age 33 and would be best suited for a No. 3 or 4 receiver role, wherever he lands. The prospective fit in Miami was odd because the Fins have Rishard Matthews behind Brandon Gibson in the slot.
Related: Browns, Dolphins
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter Apr 4 - 2:52 PM

The interest is not odd if they are unsure about Gibson's status.

I also find it amusing that some of the biggest Tannehill backers are dumping on the team possibly adding a high character, professional in Nate Burelson. The OTA's and minicamps are almost upon us and some of RT's best targets are coming off of injury.

Do you think RT improves with a savvy veteran or undrafted rookie running routes for him during this vital practice time?

I HATE when people use the "BREAKING" sig and no freak'in one has been signed nor release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom