Nate burleson | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

Hahaha, thats hilarious. There defense is MUCH better, better O line, better #1 receiver. If they land a star quarterback in this years draft, they will be much better than us. Let's hope they don't somehow get Johnny football. You could put him on the dolphins right now and we would be a playoff threat. I have little hope for Tannehill. I hope I'm wrong but i just don't see why everyone is in love with him.

You can debate which roster you rather all day long. Fine.

But get out of here with that "Johnny Football would be the savior for the Dolphins" crap.
You come across as a star gazer with comments like that and lose credibility.

I think what the Dolphins are interested in is winning, and not two years from now or even next year but NOW!!!!! Philbin doesn't believe in trusting rookies will be up to where they need to be so he wants the team as complete as possible and any production we get from the draft this season will be a bonus. With that said I would hope that even with this signing WR is not off the table in the early rounds (with Ireland it would have for sure meant we wouldn't draft a WR in the first 5 rounds), the WR position typically takes 2-3 years to develop so it definitely should still be a top priority for us.

I don't quite see Nate Burleson as the solution to winning, in my opinion.

burleson as a fall back slot option when you have mathews in camp already...:bobdole:

I don't quite see Nate Burleson as the solution to winning, in my opinion.

Hopefully he's not. Hopefully Wallace, Hartline and Gibson all stay 100% healthy and beast all season but if not then I'm sure Burleson will help more than keeping $2-3 million in the coffers. Excuses won't be tolerated this season, not injuries, not chemistry not inexperience and not lack of leadership. Its all or nothing this season.

Guys,
Don't worry about Burleson, he just SIGNED WITH THE BROWNS.... So let's continue to stay younger and get players that are up and coming, not ones that are on the downside of their careers...

It will be interesting to me if Miami looks at other veteran FA receivers in the coming weeks. Miles Austin, Sidney Rice and Jason Avant are still out there.

Looked up Avant out of those three which would be the most curious to me if I was forced to make a choice. He is on way to visit Panthers.

avant austin and sidney rice all washed up...keep moving miami

You realize they arent looking for a top receiver who will catch 50-60 passes right? They want a camp body and a depth receiver so if a guy isn't ready to go or a guy gets injured he can step in. Last year after Gibson went down they had very limited choices in receivers because they only opted to keep 4 out of camp. That said i dont think Austin or Rice fit that role. Maybe Avant seeing as he was already a depth guy last year in philly and maybe lazor liked him but who knows.

Most likely the dolphins gave the same kind of money offer as the browns but the browns offer was probably more as a #3-4WR and with the dolphins is was more to be the #5WR.

avant austin and sidney rice all washed up...keep moving miami

This is what is funny to me. You are the biggest supporter of Ryan Tannehill on this site. With the upcoming offseason activities, do you think the team might be looking to add a veteran presence to help him this offseason as he learns a new system? Perhaps, they would like to have a receiver be where he is actually supposed to be on a play for his QB.

With Hartline and Gibson coming off of injuries, RT is down to Mike Wallace and Rishard Matthews as "veteran" receivers. An outstanding professional like Nate Burleson might have had a positive impact on Mike Wallace as well.

Tannehill is in a vital year for his career. He has done a nice job progressing each year, but must continue… regressing or flatlining will not help the team nor his career. Perhaps, adding a simple veteran receiver for the offseason workouts can help him take the next step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom