National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

why do you bother, your wrong!@!!! It is a university issue cause it happens on and off your campus with students and locals (stop trying to say it was just the locals...we know better). The murders, which you so unjustifiedly brought up, yes some students were involved but it was not on campus!!! it was not a mob going around acting like morons. it was not a celebration out of control.; If you see those two as similar you need to seek professional help cause you are a case for a serial killer about to blow!

OSUDauby said:
Let's see...
A Florida fan brings up problems/crime at Ohio State (I.E.-riots) not an issue
An Ohio State fan brings up problems/crime at UF (I.E-murder)...cold hearted.

I see where I went off the deep end...:shakeno:

where you dont get it is your university got a black eye cause they dont know how to celebrate like humans. Our city went through a murder spree that people died and you are comparing it to a riot gone overboard. it is like comparing rape to drug possession, both are crimes but one is way worse than the other.:shakeno:

Timmy54 said:
where you dont get it is your university got a black eye cause they dont know how to celebrate like humans. Our city went through a murder spree that people died and you are comparing it to a riot gone overboard. it is like comparing rape to drug possession, both are crimes but one is way worse than the other.:shakeno:

Show me where I compared anything! I simply made a point that while OSU does have some "riot issues," Florida has had a "murder/crime" issue of their own. Period.

OH goodie, I see our "favorite" poster is back. Guess I'll not be in the college forum for a while now. Someone let me know when he gets banned again.

See yas.

uggg....do you guys at OSU just replace your brains with those silly nuts, some of the stuff you say is absoultely absured.

we had one murder spree in the early 1990's, again not even the same thing, and also not a re-occuring issue etiher.

OSUDauby said:
Show me where I compared anything! I simply made a point that while OSU does have some "riot issues," Florida has had a "murder/crime" issue of their own. Period.

Glad to see the most uninformed poster on FinHeaven is back. Were you banned, or just shamed after that Alumni Association debacle?

Florida has a murder issue? There was a serial killer in Gainesville over a decade ago. Not sure how that's even relevant anymore.

its not, but the OSU braintrust ran out of things to say after the alumni deboggle and that they are better than most NFL teams.

10 Reasons Why Florida can beat OSU
10. Switch the schedules around
What if Florida played Ohio State’s schedule? Northern Illinois, win. At Texas, with the way the Longhorn offense was playing in early September, win. Cincinnati, Penn State, at Iowa, Bowling Green, at Michigan State, Indiana, Minnesota, at Illinois, at Northwestern. Win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win. Michigan? In the Swamp? Florida. I’m not saying Ohio State couldn’t or wouldn’t beat everyone on Florida’s slate, but considering the problems it had with Michigan, would it have gone unscathed with games against Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina, and Arkansas? The Gators would be 12-0, or at worst 11-1, with the Buckeye schedule, which brings me to …
9. Has Ohio State actually stopped a real offense?
We all saw against Texas A&M what the Texas offense is like when Colt McCoy wasn’t Colt McCoy, and on Sept. 9 against OSU, he was just starting to figure out what he was doing in the second game of his career. The only other offense the Buckeyes faced with the skill, speed and athleticism like Florida’s attack was Michigan’s, while LSU, Auburn and Tennessee all have Ohio State-like talent at several spots. The Buckeyes have sort of faced a spread offense like Florida’s, beating Northwestern like a drum, but this is the souped up version. Can the OSU corners handle the speedy, talented Gator receivers?
8. Urban Meyer is really, really good
Meyer is now 61-11 in six years as a head coach while doing the near-impossible in making Gator fans start to forget about the Steve Spurrier days … at least a little bit. While Meyer’s known for rocking in year two at a program, highlighted by his run with Utah to the Fiesta Bowl, Florida was supposed to be a year away before the spread attack finally had the right pieces in place. Give Meyer and his staff more than two weeks to prepare and their teams don’t lose. Jim Tressel is a fantastic big game coach, but Meyer’s an equal when it comes to preparations, and is nearly peerless when it comes to adjustments.
7. The Florida run defense
Yeah, Michigan’s run defense was supposed to be a rock and Ohio State ran through it, but Florida’s is better and more talented. Only four teams ran for over 100 yards on a Gator run defense that allowed just 2.8 yards per carry. The defensive front is physical enough to hold up against the fantastic Ohio State O line, while the back seven is fast enough to keep Antonio Pittman and Chris Wells from busting off any backbreakers (just ask Darren McFadden and Felix Jones). Texas held the Buckeyes to 79 rushing yards.
6. Field goal, schmield goal
Florida can’t make field goals. That could turn out to be the Achilles heel in the title game, but the rest of the special teams are amazing helped mostly by freshman punt and kick returner Brandon James and the punting of Eric Wilbur. Maybe Chris Hetland’s 33-yard field goal against Arkansas has officially broken him out of his year-long funk.
5. Chris Leak
50 games, 11,000 passing yards, 87 touchdown passes, 13 rushing touchdowns, one SEC championship. Leak has seen it all, and after beating Arkansas, done it all while surviving the Ron Zook era to become a steady, yet mellow, leader of the Gators. Troy Smith might be unflappable, but Leak is the textbook definition always maintaining an even keel if he throws a pick, throws a touchdown pass, or gets replaced by Tim Tebow. He’s not going to be rattled.
clear.gif

Percy Harvin is Florida's answer to Ted Ginn. (Marc Serota / Getty Images)
4. Percy Harvin
Talk about your X factors, now Ohio State has to deal with the same problems it gives everyone else with Ted Ginn. Harvin has grown into an elite all-around playmaker as a runner and receiver growing into the type of gamebreaker who has to be accounted for on every play. Any focus taken off Leak is a major plus for the Gators, and Meyer will find creative ways to get his young star the ball. Outside of their practices, the Buckeye secondary hasn’t seen anyone like Harvin all year long.
3. Time to heal
All teams are banged up at the end of the year, but the Gators will get RB DeShawn Wynn back after missing most of the SEC championship with a shoulder problem, while the dinged up defense should be as close to 100% as it’s been since September. As opposed to the SEC title game version, this will be a fully functioning, almost fully healthy Gator team.
2. Something seems strangely familiar, part one
Remember the last time a team just found ways to win, even if it wasn’t pretty, was a big underdog for a national title game in Arizona, and had a precocious freshman who was a tone-setting power runner? Oh yeah, the 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes. Florida has an eerily similar feel with freshman QB Tim Tebow the emotional spark plug, sort of like Maurice Clarett, while the Gators win with great D, timely O, and an ability to pull out every close game helped by a heady, veteran Craig Krenzel-like quarterback.
1. Something seems strangely familiar, part two
No. 1 USC was supposed to blow past No. 2 Texas in the 2006 Rose Bowl. No. 2 Oklahoma didn’t need to show up in the 2001 Orange Bowl against No. 1 Florida State, right? Of course, No. 1 Miami was going to walk all over Ohio State in 2001. The pressure is 100% on the Buckeyes, so if Florida can get a little momentum early, it has every shot at pulling this off in what shouldn’t be considered a shocker in any way. This Gator team really is that good.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6265498

UF Fin Kat said:
i need to see a list of 10 reasons why OSU can beat UF, because i'm not convinced they can.

:D

Relax Buckeye fans, the 10 reasons why Ohio State might beat Florida are coming next week.

Florida isn't good enough to beat Ohio State. You're going to get manhandled on the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball..... everyone who knows anything about football knows thats where games are won.

Michigan had the best run D in 50 years going into the Ohio state....but just because we kicked ***, spread them out and did what we wanted now they suck?

Sorry.... we're gonna spread it out, run where we want, when we want...inside, outside, etc,etc...

Nelson, smelson..... you aren't gonna be able to cover our spread and stop Smith, Pitman, and Wells at the same time (i've written that countless times this season on various opponent MB's...they all know what I'm talking about now)

You aren't faster than us.... thats a myth. We ARE bigger and stronger in the trenches...thats a fact.

We are gonna put up in the range of 30-35 points.... you aren't. Its that simple.

Florida has no chance to win this game.... you can get pumped, talk about SEC speed, talk about how your (overrated) conference is the best.

At the end of the day the best team in college football is gonna roll you.... we are too talented. Harvin IS NOT Ginn. Leak IS NOT Smith. Wyn IS NOT Pittman (hes not even Wells)

We are the superior team.... thats going to be evident.

But, by all means, enjoy the time leading up to the game.... you deserve to have some fun, and there is plenty of time to spin up some confidence in a team that backed into the championship game...... because come January 9th it'll all be over.... you can start debating if Tebow can be an every down QB.

TroySmith10 said:
Florida isn't good enough to beat Ohio State. You're going to get manhandled on the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball..... everyone who knows anything about football knows thats where games are won.

Michigan had the best run D in 50 years going into the Ohio state....but just because we kicked ***, spread them out and did what we wanted now they suck?

Sorry.... we're gonna spread it out, run where we want, when we want...inside, outside, etc,etc...

Nelson, smelson..... you aren't gonna be able to cover our spread and stop Smith, Pitman, and Wells at the same time (i've written that countless times this season on various opponent MB's...they all know what I'm talking about now)

You aren't faster than us.... thats a myth. We ARE bigger and stronger in the trenches...thats a fact.

We are gonna put up in the range of 30-35 points.... you aren't. Its that simple.

Florida has no chance to win this game.... you can get pumped, talk about SEC speed, talk about how your (overrated) conference is the best.

At the end of the day the best team in college football is gonna roll you.... we are too talented. Harvin IS NOT Ginn. Leak IS NOT Smith. Wyn IS NOT Pittman (hes not even Wells)

We are the superior team.... thats going to be evident.

But, by all means, enjoy the time leading up to the game.... you deserve to have some fun, and there is plenty of time to spin up some confidence in a team that backed into the championship game...... because come January 9th it'll all be over.... you can start debating if Tebow can be an every down QB.
:lol: Ignorance is bliss.

I'm glad you see it so lopsided.

Back
Top Bottom