National perception of Dolphins draft highly positive | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National perception of Dolphins draft highly positive

God help the rest of the league if San Fran is bad next year.

You will need his help to slow down this franchise.
I know its only a 4th round pick but I'm gonna enjoy rooting against the Steelers again haha.. I know they got harris, but if they didn't get help for that oline, they are gonna struggle.

saw this about waddle....

"Extraordinary speed and playmaking ability. He has the ability to line up inside or outside. His acceleration in his release is elite. He destroys the cushions he receives from defenders in a hiccup and can find a second and third gear once the ball is in the air. He's at his best on runaway routes, but he flashes the ability to efficiently gear down and work back downhill. I thought his hands were improved this fall. He's one of the most talented kickoff and punt returners to enter the NFL over the last decade."

Matt Harmon – the creator of Reception Perception – scored Waddle with an 80 percent success rate on post routes, 73.7 on takeoff routes and 87.5 percent on digs. Waddle feasted on in-breaking routes, including an 80 percent success rate on slants.
His 80.3 success rate against man coverage ranked in the 98th percentile in all of college football.

"It's difficult to remember a recent prospect who can so easily flip the field, control their speed and devastate with a stop/start-move all while doing the little things like Waddle does so effortlessly. Overall, Waddle is an excellent separator. His 80.3 percent success rate vs. man coverage is not just the best in this 2021 class, it's one of the top scores among all prospects charted in Reception Perception history."
Good stuff.

Yeah... I kinda figured you were referencing good ole Chelsea! Question for you... How popular are the Dolphins in London compared to other NFL teams?

I'd say that we're the most well-supported side over here, probably alongside the Patriots. Eagles, Giants and Cowboys have quite a lot of fans in the UK too, but I would argue we're on another level.

I think Florida as a popular holiday destination, the coverage we get in the UK media and our previous London games all play a part, as well as Marino's popularity with older Dolphins fans here.

I'd say that we're the most well-supported side over here, probably alongside the Patriots. Eagles, Giants and Cowboys have quite a lot of fans in the UK too, but I would argue we're on another level.

I think Florida as a popular holiday destination, the coverage we get in the UK media and our previous London games all play a part, as well as Marino's popularity with older Dolphins fans here.

That is really cool to hear! Thank you for that!

Do you think that’s a result of ajayi?

While their picks aren't necessarily what I would have done, the team did land 4 guys who were at least commonly mocked in the first round. It's easy to complain about every pick and look for flaws (and constantly repeat those complaints over and over by the same people :DWN:). I am disappointed that we missed on the RB (we know they tried to trade up for Harris and Denver and most everybody else guessed that we were probably targeting Williams at 36). That is easily our biggest weakness this year. Hopefully we can find a way to upgrade the position or I fear we'll go into next off-season lamenting that we couldn't run well enough down the stretch. But any draft where you land four potential 1st round picks and four potential starters is a good one.

Miami used to be far and away the most popular team in England, long before Ajayi. I'm not surprised the gap has lessened lately, as we haven't been very good.

Also not surprised they have a lot of cheatriot fans now too. British can be bandwagon too

Gase really showed his ass by not allowing Ajayi to be showcased in that London game...kid was chomping at the bit and Gase marginalized him.

I like how our roster is coming together. Flores’ first year, in the wake of Gase’s malpractice and mismanagement, we had a total crap roster. Our acquisitions were voluminous and basically used a coarse filter. But now, year by year we are into the fine filter zone.

I think we drafted three good players yesterday. I would have done it differently but it’s not like we got bad players. My first choice would have been to get Barmore at 36 and then keep Eichenberg on the tradeup and then draft a safety in the third round. Maybe Jamar Johnson. I was very interested in Meinerz in the third but, what can you say, Flores was around him all week and passed. I will defer on that.

So how does this look

Waddle
Phillips
Barmore
Eichenberg
J johnson

Otherwise, if they wanted the second round safety and tackle, you could have gotten Jenkins and Moehrig who were both available at the spots we picked.
Nah, I like the way Miami did it better.

Back
Top Bottom