NBA Free agents in 08! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Free agents in 08!

Yeah Duncan is a stanp up guy. No point in leaving unless he wants to help another team. But he has too good of a relationship with Pop
Ill cry if the Bobcats don't resign gerald Wallace :(

They got the cap so dont worry.
Ya. We were under the salary floor at one point last offseason, so money is no problem. I believe that we are on our way up (have been since the team was formed.). We have the best record ever for a team in the first 3 years of an expansion, and we have talented players like Okafor (who is vastly under-rated IMO), Felton, Herrman and hopefully Morrison can turn things around. Still, i fear Wallace may bolt to a better team now...a contender. That would hurt us a lot. Wallace is the undisputed leader of the Bobcats.

Ya. We were under the salary floor at one point last offseason, so money is no problem. I believe that we are on our way up (have been since the team was formed.). We have the best record ever for a team in the first 3 years of an expansion, and we have talented players like Okafor (who is vastly under-rated IMO), Felton, Herrman and hopefully Morrison can turn things around. Still, i fear Wallace may bolt to a better team now...a contender. That would hurt us a lot. Wallace is the undisputed leader of the Bobcats.

I think you guys will lay low another year and spend the money next year in Free Agency. I also expect that you guys will draft Noah.

IMO:

-Tim Duncan is locked up in San Antonio
-KG is traded and gets a new contract without the opt out clause
-If Shawn Marion isn't traded, he'll opt in for that $17.8 million

Aside from that, I think we'll see many of those faces hit the market. With Duncan, KG, and Marion off, that should inspire Arenas to test the waters, where he should get a max deal. I don't think he wants to stay in DC as much as he says he does. There is nothing there as far as championship potential. Elton Brand will probably want to play for a better team, as well as Allen Iverson (told you guys that AI to Denver was a dumb move), because Denver isn't getting any further than round 2 with that team.

Monta Ellis, Jose Calderon, and Daniel Gibson are going to receive nice offer sheets.

It will be nteresting to see if Golden State throws cash at Davis and Ellis. :confused:

It's possible man, I just don't view the NBA as that kind of league. Not like the NFL at least. Not too many big deals go down. If 2008 is the year so be it. I just hope the East gets more players so the conferences can be even.

I see the Knicks offering him roughly 25 million a year :lol:

If there's one player in the league who probably doesnt give a **** about money it's Timmy. Besides, folks in SA are saying the Spurs will give him a 2 yr 50 million dollar extension in 2008 to keep him thru 2011, which is when he'll probably retire.

Spur for life is #21

If Duncan left the Spurs you'd never hear from me again. AKA jump off my balcony, which is 14 floors up :)

Even if you got KG? :lol:

KG needs some talent to do something. Even though he is a guy that can put up close to 30 a night if he demanded the ball.

Even if you got KG? :lol:

KG needs some talent to do something. Even though he is a guy that can put up close to 30 a night if he demanded the ball.

Duncan > KG

KG will have to take less money if he really wants a title

Duncan > KG

KG will have to take less money if he really wants a title

I think thats pretty obvious.

Though you have to admit Duncan has had better coaching and teammates than Garnett.

Back
Top Bottom