NBA Free agents in 08! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Free agents in 08!

Even if you got KG? :lol:

KG needs some talent to do something. Even though he is a guy that can put up close to 30 a night if he demanded the ball.

You mean if Timmy left and KG came in? I'd take Duncan over KG any day of the week. He's already proven he can win with this team. No need for KG unless we traded for him and didn't lose Timmy (ala Phoenix)

Duncan is a far better player than Garnett. He may not be as flashy, but he has all the fundamentals locked down and he's a winner, it doesn't matter who he has around him he's still a dominant player, one of the all-time greats.

Gerald Wallace to test Free Ahency

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace will become an unrestricted free agent Sunday after deciding not to extend his contract for another season.
Wallace, who led Charlotte in scoring last season with 18.1 points a game, will explore all options, his agent, Rob Pelinka, said Tuesday.
Wallace made just over $5.5 million last season. He will likely command at least $10 million a season under a new contract that could run as long as six years.
Bobcats vice president of basketball operations Bernie Bickerstaff is expected to fly to Los Angeles to meet with Pelinka shortly after the negotiation period begins Sunday. New general manager Rod Higgins will also be involved in trying to lock up Wallace.
If he leaves...the Cats are done. What maybe a lot of people dont realize is that Wallace is one of the best defenders at SF/SG as well as a good scorer.

A lot of people didn't realize it two years ago, but I think most have caught on by now. There is no way he leaves Charlotte unless someone offers him the max, and as good as he is I can't see anyone throwing 100 mil at him.

The Bobcats have the cap room to resign Wallace and go after Lewis...that is if they're willing to spend it. Add Lewis and a big that can score and you go from being cellar dwellers to contenders in the east.

A lot of people didn't realize it two years ago, but I think most have caught on by now. There is no way he leaves Charlotte unless someone offers him the max, and as good as he is I can't see anyone throwing 100 mil at him.

The Bobcats have the cap room to resign Wallace and go after Lewis...that is if they're willing to spend it. Add Lewis and a big that can score and you go from being cellar dwellers to contenders in the east.

They need to resign Wallace and let Lewis go. He is not right for there team!

Bobcats open to dealing their two first-round picks

The Charlotte Bobcats are making it clear: their two first round draft picks are for sale.

Vice president of basketball operations Bernie Bickerstaff has fielded numerous trade offers for the eighth and 22nd picks, and could swing a deal before Thursday's draft.

"
Our philosophy is if you trade the picks then it has to make you immediately better," Bickerstaff said Tuesday. "There are scenarios out there that look good to us and we like because they make us better."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../draft/2007/06/26/bobcats.draft.ap/index.html

And why is he not right? The Bobcats need a scorer. Morrison was supposed to fill the void but at least so far that hasn't worked out too well for them. There is noone they can draft who can come in immediately and become the goto scorer.

I have my doubts on whether Lewis would want to come to Charlotte, and even more doubts about the willingness of the ownership to shell out the money, but Lewis would without a doubt make the Bobcats a far better team.

why?

we have no PG and we have no scorer.

And you probably won't get one this summer, so it may be best to hold out for next summer, unless you can pull off some type of deal. Looks like Vince Carter is all but re-signed with New Jersey, so that leaves Gerald Wallace & Rashard Lewis at SG/SF. Gerald Wallace wouldn't be a great fit in Orlando, as he's not a true scorer, and Rashard Lewis.. who knows what his deal is right now. I'd imagine that if he goes elsewhere, it'd be a sign-and-trade.

As for the PG spot, there's nothing out there aside Maurice Williams.

(Chauncey Billups ain't going anywhere)

There isn't a better fit for teams like Orlando, Toronto, and Charlotte than Rashard Lewis. All of those teams pretty much need the same type of scorer, and Lewis fits that bill to the tenth power.

:err:

And why is he not right? The Bobcats need a scorer. Morrison was supposed to fill the void but at least so far that hasn't worked out too well for them. There is noone they can draft who can come in immediately and become the goto scorer.

I have my doubts on whether Lewis would want to come to Charlotte, and even more doubts about the willingness of the ownership to shell out the money, but Lewis would without a doubt make the Bobcats a far better team.

my last statment came out wrong. Its not that he does not fit, but I don't think they should pay that much money. I mean he is a good basketball player, But a team like the Bobcats could get someone better next year.

my last statment came out wrong. Its not that he does not fit, but I don't think they should pay that much money. I mean he is a good basketball player, But a team like the Bobcats could get someone better next year.

Do you see that list, though? It's a bunch of veterans mostly about 28-32 who will be seeking contenders. I highly doubt the Bobcats jump to the top of the minds of those guys. They'll be looking teams like the Magic & Raptors, who should have money to spend, and already playoff teams with pieces to the puzzle.

Gilbert Arenas is the one young gun who may be looking to cash in more than get a ring, but one would imagine why he'd leave Washington for Charlotte. Is the Michael Jordan infatuation that astonishing? :lol:

Do you see that list, though? It's a bunch of veterans mostly about 28-32 who will be seeking contenders. I highly doubt the Bobcats jump to the top of the minds of those guys. They'll be looking teams like the Magic & Raptors, who should have money to spend, and already playoff teams with pieces to the puzzle.

Gilbert Arenas is the one young gun who may be looking to cash in more than get a ring, but one would imagine why he'd leave Washington for Charlotte. Is the Michael Jordan infatuation that astonishing? :lol:

That does not matter. You make smart choices for your franchise not a couple that will send it to the dump. Lewis is very good, But I think someone will try to get rid of him later on in his contract. Thats just IMO

Back
Top Bottom