Nba Mvp | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nba Mvp

You guys are missing the point on Pippen, he was a GREAT DEFENDER, which is why he was so good. When it comes to Grant Hill and Scottie Pippen, both were good scorers, rebounders, and passers, so their even in those category's (even then numbers support that). But when you add defense in, Pippen wins this battle. People forget that Phil Jackson used to match-up Pippen with a lot of teams best offensive player, not Jordan. Pippen is an all-time great and I think saying Grant Hill is better than him is forgetting how great of a defender Pippen was. How many all defensive teams did Hill make in his prime???

Why does every freaking thread has to have a argument around Kobe. Every Thread DAMN. The haters just love jumping on the bandwagon. I never seen people hate MJ so much and he's the ball hog king. I know alot of people who love MJ cant stand Kobe for whatever reason.

Hill had a great early career pre-injury but never could do anything in playoffs. Unfortunately we will never know how good he could of become.

Was Pippen not a top 5 player in the 90's. I can give my starting 5 and Pippen will be there.

90's
Stockton
MJ
Pippen
Malone/Barkley cant decide
Hakeem

Ohhhh reallly....

What about Patrick Ewing, Tim Duncan, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, Tim Hardaway, Grant Hill, Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah,.....I could EASILY go on and on and on....

Exactly. Pippen is top 5 player in the 90's.

Answer this what did Jordan do without Pippen? Nothing.

What did Pippen do without Jordan?
Pippen only took the Trailblazers to game 7 Western Conference Finals against the Lakers. They were 10 min away from the finals when they blew a 15pt lead.

MJ and Pippen is like having Kobe paired with shooters like Lebron or Wade.
are you seriously asking what MJ did with a rebuilding wizards team in his 40's? I cant even elaborate further. Im speechless at the absurdity of the question.

Pippen as a top 5 player in the 90's? No way. He rode MJ's coattails much of the way. He was very good but hes out of place as a top 5 player in any era. He was a very good player and an ideal 2nd option. He was not a franchise player. The Bulls won 47 games with him leading the way before getting knocked out by New York.

Barkley
Ewing
Robinson
Hill
Stockton
Malone
Kidd
shaq
Jordan
Olajuwon
Drexler
Payton

Why does every freaking thread has to have a argument around Kobe. Every Thread DAMN. The haters just love jumping on the bandwagon. I never seen people hate MJ so much and he's the ball hog king. I know alot of people who love MJ cant stand Kobe for whatever reason.
I cant stand MJ...for christs sakes Im a huge Knick fan and he probably cost us at least 2 rings. But he was a winner. Kobe doesnt posses half the leadership capability.

I will give him credit THIS YEAR though as the light may have actually gone on. Hes playing a different style and doing a better job getting teammates involved. If i was picking the best 1-1 player Id probably pick Kobe or Bron. if Im picking MVP Im picking Chris Paul this year. There isnt a player in the league who means more to his team and his stats are comprarable to Nash's MVP seasons.

Ohhhh reallly....

What about Patrick Ewing, Tim Duncan, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, Tim Hardaway, Grant Hill, Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah,.....I could EASILY go on and on and on....

First of all I was talking about the Guard - Foward Position. So you can erase half of those players. Dominique is show boat nothing more, Grant Hill had promise early but that all he was until only 4 years in the league. Reggie was great but didnt have the defense like Pippen had. Everyone is so enamored with scoring but defense is huge even though its not as flashy. You're a Suns fan you should know. No Defense = No Championship :loser1:

Back
Top Bottom