*** NBA Playoffs *** | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** NBA Playoffs ***

You don't know that. I mean, is there a a good chance that the heat go to another 2-3 finals in the next 5 years? Yes. But it's not guaranteed. Wade could injury his knee again this offseason. Or maybe the chemistry between Lebron and Wade could become a problem if they are further struggles down the road. Look the point is no title is guaranteed in the future, and heat fans really need to pump the breaks on this theory. Can we at least see what happens in the offeason. Jeez

You need to pump the brakes a little. Who said anything about them being guaranteed anything? When you start giving hypotheticals about wade being injured and blah blah blah, you completely miss the point of my comment. This team was built for the future, not a quick hitter. Our core is in their prime and this was their first year playing in a brand new system. And it wasn't his knee, it was a hamstring issue

You need to pump the brakes a little. Who said anything about them being guaranteed anything? When you start giving hypotheticals about wade being injured and blah blah blah, you completely miss the point of my comment. This team was built for the future, not a quick hitter. Our core is in their prime and this was their first year playing in a brand new system. And it wasn't his knee, it was a hamstring issue
Your exact quote was this is the worst heat team will we see in the next six years. To me saying a team that lost in the finals will be the worst team for six years to come means titles will come soon enough (I just don't see how you can't be a better team w/o winning titles). We said the fins will be back to the super bowl when we lost in 84. I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. A lot can happen. And quite frankly, Lebron and Wade don't exactly compliment each other all that well.

Your exact quote was this is the worst heat team will we see in the next six years. To me saying a team that lost in the finals will be the worst team for six years to come means titles will come soon enough (I just don't see how you can't be a better team w/o winning titles). We said the fins will be back to the super bowl when we lost in 84. I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. A lot can happen. And quite frankly, Lebron and Wade don't exactly compliment each other all that well.

Ehhh...we looked pretty much unbeatable up until the Finals. Not many can argue that. LeBron murdered everyone but Dallas when he disappeared. If he takes his head out of his *** in the Finals who knows what this team is capable of.

And I think it's the worst of the contending Heat teams we'll see. Everyone said we'd lose to Boston, Chicago, and Orlando, etc. Not much of a chance was given and people said Wade and LeBron don't compliment each other. But they grew and learned how to play well together. Pat Riley went out and signed the three biggest free agents in basketball in one summer. It's what the guy does. He always has.

I trust that Riley will be making the right additions this offseason as well.

Ehhh...we looked pretty much unbeatable up until the Finals. Not many can argue that. LeBron murdered everyone but Dallas when he disappeared. If he takes his head out of his *** in the Finals who knows what this team is capable of.

And I think it's the worst of the contending Heat teams we'll see. Everyone said we'd lose to Boston, Chicago, and Orlando, etc. Not much of a chance was given and people said Wade and LeBron don't compliment each other. But they grew and learned how to play well together. Pat Riley went out and signed the three biggest free agents in basketball in one summer. It's what the guy does. He always has.

I trust that Riley will be making the right additions this offseason as well.
Yea. I can buy all that. Riley is great. It's just when people pronoun the heat as future champions that gets annoying. I think the finals showed that the heat have problems that they may or may not get fixed in the future. Ya know, the supporting role being a little weak (something we already knew). And with Lebron this has been a reoccuring act. The series against Orlando in 09, the finals against the spurs...the guy might just be one of those players who at times crumbles under pressure. I just kept thinking in both those series that the guy is too good to be playing like this, but he still found a way to do so. And again one injury is all takes to ruin a season or even seasons.

Yea. I can buy all that. Riley is great. It's just when people pronoun the heat as future champions that gets annoying. I think the finals showed that the heat have problems that they may or may not get fixed in the future. Ya know, the supporting role being a little weak (something we already knew). And with Lebron this has been a reoccuring act. The series against Orlando in 09, the finals against the spurs...the guy might just be one of those players who isn't realibe under pressure. I just kept thinking in both those series that the guy is too good to be playing like this, but he still found a way to do so. And again one injury is all takes to ruin a season or even seasons.

When we landed these three I immediately called/texted/posted to anyone and everyone that the key to our success would be Mario Chalmers. I think in a way I was right. That dude is a player. He might be a little immature at times but he wants the ball in big spots and is probably our best defensive player. And when you talk about the lack of bench and role players, it raises the question of what does Chalmers want after having a very solid playoff run. Is he going to opt to go elsewhere (even as a restricted free agent) for more money is the big question. The dude just needs more playing time and he knows it. His game is coming along nicely.

Yea. I can buy all that. Riley is great. It's just when people pronoun the heat as future champions that gets annoying. I think the finals showed that the heat have problems that they may or may not get fixed in the future. Ya know, the supporting role being a little weak (something we already knew). And with Lebron this has been a reoccuring act. The series against Orlando in 09, the finals against the spurs...the guy might just be one of those players who at times crumbles under pressure. I just kept thinking in both those series that the guy is too good to be playing like this, but he still found a way to do so. And again one injury is all takes to ruin a season or even seasons.

All it is somebody overanalyzing something that a Heat fan has said. Not once did I say we were going to be champions. Not once did I say that we are going to be anything more than better than this year. But since you want to overanalyze I'll go more in-depth into my comment:

It was our cores first year together in a season that had Ilgauskaus, Magloire, Dampier, and J. Howard rotating in at center. All guys that are probably going to retire during the off-season. Band-Aid players if you will.

Bibby was a disaster in disguise of a blessing and Arroyo would have been much better than him as a backup

Two of the most glaring needs that were the 1 and 5 spot and Riley is going to make it his personal mission to upgrade both. This teams failure is his failure.

Again, not once did I say that the Heat were future champs, I am acknowledging the fact that we have one of the brightest futures in the NBA.

[youtube]IYnthoQM3EA[/youtube]
yyjhn6y-1.png

Find a way to get Nene Hilario.

No cap room. The Heat are pretty much stuck with The Big 3, Mike Miller, and a bunch of old scrubs for the foreseeable future unless the cap becomes significantly higher than the last cap, which I doubt.

Pat Riley can make crazy things happen.

Not so sure about that. Nobody is taking Mike Miller off your hands. It was easy to get rid of Beasley.

The NBA salary was 58 million this year. I imagine it being around 65 million if/when a new CBA is reached. The Heat salary is at around 62.5 million if you don't pick up player options of Ilgauskas and Eddie House, 63.9 if you pick up one, 65.3 if you pick up both, which I definitely don't see you doing. Chalmers, James Jones, and Bibby become FA's this year too, so who knows if any of them get resigned. Miller, Haslem, Anthony, and the Big 3 by themselves take up 65.7 million of cap in 2012-2013, and 71 million in 2013-2014, and I just can't see anybody taking on those contracts. So looks like this is what you're going to get for a good while imo. Not sure I see very many good MLE PG's or Centers either quite frankly.

It's Pat Riley man. He has done this time and time again. No one thought he'd get Wade, LeBron and Bosh. Can't do it. Won't happen. Three max players so you can't get anything else. Pat Riley does crazy **** all the time. Don't doubt that man.

Lebron played piss poor defense in this series..It had alot to do with the D the mavs played on him..They took him out of the game early...Like a team would do to Randy Moss.. Lebron checked out...Too many times he forced shots...He made plenty of great passes but there were too many times that he didnt hit wide open players...Chalmers play poor in game 6 as well..Too many missed free throws from the big 3...Too many open jumpshots for the Mavs...At the end of the day it was too much.. It seemed to me that Wade was looking at the Lebron to take over and Lebron was looking at Wade to take over....Bosh really fell off in this series too.. Had alot of oppurtunities to make shots missed them.....Then he had alot of chances to shoot..instead he put the ball on the floor..Whens the Mavs played zone their lenght really bothered Miami...Being from syrcause I can appreciate a good 2-3 zone.. You cant just play it..You have to play it the right way..the Mavs played it the right way and Miami often dribbled right into it....This was a total team loss..Suck it up back to the drawing board.

When we landed these three I immediately called/texted/posted to anyone and everyone that the key to our success would be Mario Chalmers. I think in a way I was right. That dude is a player. He might be a little immature at times but he wants the ball in big spots and is probably our best defensive player. And when you talk about the lack of bench and role players, it raises the question of what does Chalmers want after having a very solid playoff run. Is he going to opt to go elsewhere (even as a restricted free agent) for more money is the big question. The dude just needs more playing time and he knows it. His game is coming along nicely.

The key was Lebron, when he played like he was capable of Miami crusied. When he struggled the team struggled.

Congrats heat fans on a great year, I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing titles in the coming years. this is painful now but this team will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom