*** NBA Playoffs *** | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** NBA Playoffs ***

As long as the Bulls have 3 dookies on their roster they aren't winning anything and derrick Rose as great as he is has also shown gaging capabilities. I wouldn't worry about the Knicks, they'll be a playoff team and a quick exit again.

I also expect Miami to get better, they will be more comfortable playing w/ each other. As long as they remain relatively healthy they will be the favorites.

If they don't make a single move they should be favorites. What they need they already have on the roster. They need Lebron to play like a star when it matters most, if that happens they will win. he was awful in the Finals and Miami could have won this series.

you make this assumption assuming chicago will stay the same.

trades that should or could happen....

the bulls should go after howard ASAP.... d. Howard for deng, hoah, cj Watson/draft picks..... chi has the most to offer talent wise other than LA ... and yes, everyone says that the bulls are in need of a sg, but imo they are more in need of scoring threat in the post. just look at how they lost to the heat. plus d howard is a super star... rose +howard= multiple championships.if something like this were to happen, miami could get used to playing together all they want,but they would get run off the court.also,there is no guarantee that lebron will somehow start playing better in the finals for whatever reason.hes been there twice and so far nothing.

chris paul for russel westbrook ... good trade for both teams. hornets get a young, healthy super star pg.... and OKC get a super star and the play maker they so desperately need ...plus no other team who is need of a pg could offer more and are also champ contenders so chriss won't have a problem signing off on the deal... chris+durant= multiple final appearances...

so its not going to be easy...

i like that russell westbrook for chris paul trade for okc...thats exactly what they need...westbrooks too much of a me player...chris paul and durant would be money

not sure though if d howard and d rose is enough given the nba landscape to start talking multiple championships if howard went to the bulls...

the bulls should go after howard ASAP.... d. Howard for deng, hoah, cj Watson/draft picks..... chi has the most to offer talent wise other than LA ... and yes, everyone says that the bulls are in need of a sg, but imo they are more in need of scoring threat in the post. just look at how they lost to the heat. plus d howard is a super star... rose +howard= multiple championships.if something like this were to happen, miami could get used to playing together all they want,but they would get run off the court.also,there is no guarantee that lebron will somehow start playing better in the finals for whatever reason.hes been there twice and so far nothing.

chris paul for russel westbrook ... good trade for both teams. hornets get a young, healthy super star pg.... and OKC get a super star and the play maker they so desperately need ...plus no other team who is need of a pg could offer more and are also champ contenders so chriss won't have a problem signing off on the deal... chris+durant= multiple final appearances...

I do, get rid of Boozer and Deng and they'll have a shot.

i like that russell westbrook for chris paul trade for okc...thats exactly what they need...westbrooks too much of a me player...chris paul and durant would be money

not sure though if d howard and d rose is enough given the nba landscape to start talking multiple championships if howard went to the bulls...

if the bulls find another scoring presence, and add d howard as a low post threat,they could be deadly..

Howard isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Neither is Paul. In fact we're probably in for an incredibly dull period even if they can manage to get a new CBA before next season. You'll even see mid-level free agents agreeing to short term deals with their current teams just to get some sort of security.

the nba will be fortunate enough to have a season next year....if they do so under the new agreement,imo teams will not stand pat.

Maybe, we'll see. In any case I'm sure most people can agree that they'll push it to the limit and we'll spend most offseason sitting in limbo. How much action occurs post agreement depends on how much easier they make it to retain players. Next year we may have franchise tags, a greater discrepancy between hometown max deals and FA contracts, new trade kicker clauses, etc.... There's little doubt that after James, Bosh, and Anthony there's going to be a push by smaller market teams to make it easier to retain their stars.

Maybe, we'll see. In any case I'm sure most people can agree that they'll push it to the limit and we'll spend most offseason sitting in limbo. How much action occurs post agreement depends on how much easier they make it to retain players. Next year we may have franchise tags, a greater discrepancy between hometown max deals and FA contracts, new trade kicker clauses, etc.... There's little doubt that after James, Bosh, and Anthony there's going to be a push by smaller market teams to make it easier to retain their stars.

You forgot the big ones, a hard cap and non guaranteed contracts.

...a lot of truth there dre....as much as I would love for my Lakers to obtain Howard....for me Chris Paul is a very close second choice...assuming CP3's knees are not chronic...

You forgot the big ones, a hard cap and non guaranteed contracts.

Non-guaranteed contracts are not gonna happen, even if both parties agree to try to implement them. They might be able to get the mid-range free agents and rookies to accept some non-guaranteed portions but stars are always going to get massive amounts of guaranteed money....its a player driven league with a dearth of stars and an overabundance of teams. That's just the way its always gonna be. In any case I imagine the union will fight to keep guaranteed deals.

I doubt a hard cap will be implemented since I doubt the owners will be able to present a unified front with 20 owners supporting it and 10 opposed. As long as we have guys like Cuban, Dolan, Buss, Prokhorov, Arison.....guys who are looking to make money by investing in their product.

Can you imagine how many crybabies are going to come out if and when the franchise tag gets put into affect? We are going to be introduced to a whole new level of prima-donnas. Half of the stars in the league are complaining before their deals are even up.

am i the only one who thinks the kid from arizona derrick williams who projects as a small forward is the cream of the rookie draft crop??? he's got college 3 point line range on his jumper and looking at his form should be able to step back to the nba 3 point line and drill those with consistency also...plus i think he's a pretty polished player...he'd be the guy i'd want in this draft

i didn't get to see enough of kyrie irving last year cause he missed so much time due to injury so i'm not sure what to think of him...i know i'm not a huge fan of brandon knight as a top 3 worthy pick in most drafts thats for sure

Williams sounds like a great kid but looks like a tweener to me. I don't think hes defending the position or getting by NBA caliber wings. And he couldn't hold his own on the boards against college PFs.....doubt he can handle the punishment down low. He doesn't have the transcendent athleticism of a Blake Griffin or Rudy Gay that makes you think he can play anywhere on the court.

Irving is the pick. Hes not going to be Rose or Wall but if the upside stops at Chris Paul levels I think whoever drafts him could live with that.

Can you imagine how many crybabies are going to come out if and when the franchise tag gets put into affect? We are going to be introduced to a whole new level of prima-donnas. Half of the stars in the league are complaining before their deals are even up.

It just takes a bit of leverage away. You notice that noone is a crybaby until they think they can gain something from it. Howard isn't going to start bitching until he knows he can get out.

Back
Top Bottom