Butler over Pitt

Regional Semifinals:

KY over OSU
AZ over Duke
Butler over Wisconsin

Regional Finals:

VCU over Kansas
Butler over FL

So out of 63 tourney games (not counting "round 1"), 15 of the 63 games should probably be considered upsets. I left some higher seed victories off the list because I don't consider a 4 beating a 2 much of an upset. I left the AZ over TX on there because really TX should have blow that team out. AZ wasn't all that great a team and should have been beaten by Memphis.

So roughly a quarter of the games were upsets. I'd consider that pretty entertaining television.

Here's a list of tournament "upsets":

Round 2:

Richmond over Vandy
Morehead over U of L
VCU over Gtown
FL St over Texas A&M
Gonzaga over St Johns

Round 3:

Marquette over Syracuse
AZ over TX
VCU over Purdue
FL St over ND
Butler over Pitt

Regional Semifinals:

KY over OSU
AZ over Duke
Butler over Wisconsin

Regional Finals:

VCU over Kansas
Butler over FL

So out of 63 tourney games (not counting "round 1"), 15 of the 63 games should probably be considered upsets. I left some higher seed victories off the list because I don't consider a 4 beating a 2 much of an upset. I left the AZ over TX on there because really TX should have blow that team out. AZ wasn't all that great a team and should have been beaten by Memphis.

So roughly a quarter of the games were upsets. I'd consider that pretty entertaining television.

Florida State over Texas A&M was not an upset. Gonzaga over St. John's was not an upset. Arizona over Texas is not an upset. Butler over Wisconsin is not an upset. And Richmond over Vanderbilt is not an upset.

Florida State pounded Notre Dame and took your darlings, VCU, to overtime. Florida State was a far better team coming into the tournament than Texas A&M.

Gonzaga has been there done that. St. John's is on the rebound. Gonzaga wasn't a surprise upset. A lot of people seen that coming...including Vegas.

Arizona and Texas were two very similar teams in the tournament. #4 v. #5 since you guys want to take seeds as the gospel. Arizona shoots lights out and they did so against Texas and they did so against Duke.

Butler and Wisconsin are also two very similar teams. Everyone said that Pitt, Florida, and BYU were all overrated. So if those three are overrated and and Butler was underseeded, then what the hell is Wisconsin?

Richmond over Vanderbilt? Come on...Richmond is a good team. This was the ONLY game in which even I felt like an "upset" would happen. It's VANDERBILT. They're not good. Richmond is a good basketball team. No effing clue how Vanderbilt got a #5 seed. Like I said before, if back in November I came to you and said, "Hey Richmond just beat Vanderbilt." You would have looked at me with a confused look and said, "Ok" without even blinking. But because we attach these little numbers out beside a team we think that's how good a team is.

Please. We're all smarter basketball fans here.

So if you take away those five games—better yet, keep your Richmond upset—only 11 games were "upsets." That's a staggering 17% upset rate...that's less that Buttler's FG% last night in the title game lol.

College basketball is hurting severely.

Keep making those excuses cane.

I do agree w/ your last line but unfortunately players leaving early hurts both college and the NBA. Hopefully we see more players staying(i don't blame them if they leave, it's up to eahc player), it seems like more will be staying this year and we could see our first great college season in about 3-4 years.

Keep short changing, junk. You can't honestly believe that Florida State upset Texas A&M or Arizona upset Texas.

I know you're smarter than that.

Keep short changing, junk. You can't honestly believe that Florida State upset Texas A&M or Arizona upset Texas.

I know you're smarter than that.

Let's go through round by round the big upsets:

2nd rd(which was the old 1st rd, they call the first four games the 1st rd):

Marquette over Xavier
Richmond over Vandy
Morehead State over Louisville
VCU over Georgetown
I wouldn't call FSU over A&M a big upset but it was an upset- same for Gonzaga over SJU(this was not a vintage Gonzaga team and they were crushed in their next game)

3rd rd:

Marq over Syracuse
Butler over Pitt
FSU over ND
VCU over Purdue

Sweet 16:
UK over Ohio State
Arizona over duke
Butler over Wisconsin

Elite 8:

VCU over Kansas
Butler over Florida

That's a ton of upsets.

Florida State over Texas A&M was not an upset. Gonzaga over St. John's was not an upset. Arizona over Texas is not an upset. Butler over Wisconsin is not an upset. And Richmond over Vanderbilt is not an upset.

Florida State pounded Notre Dame and took your darlings, VCU, to overtime. Florida State was a far better team coming into the tournament than Texas A&M.

Gonzaga has been there done that. St. John's is on the rebound. Gonzaga wasn't a surprise upset. A lot of people seen that coming...including Vegas.

Arizona and Texas were two very similar teams in the tournament. #4 v. #5 since you guys want to take seeds as the gospel. Arizona shoots lights out and they did so against Texas and they did so against Duke.

Butler and Wisconsin are also two very similar teams. Everyone said that Pitt, Florida, and BYU were all overrated. So if those three are overrated and and Butler was underseeded, then what the hell is Wisconsin?

Richmond over Vanderbilt? Come on...Richmond is a good team. This was the ONLY game in which even I felt like an "upset" would happen. It's VANDERBILT. They're not good. Richmond is a good basketball team. No effing clue how Vanderbilt got a #5 seed. Like I said before, if back in November I came to you and said, "Hey Richmond just beat Vanderbilt." You would have looked at me with a confused look and said, "Ok" without even blinking. But because we attach these little numbers out beside a team we think that's how good a team is.

Please. We're all smarter basketball fans here.

So if you take away those five games—better yet, keep your Richmond upset—only 11 games were "upsets." That's a staggering 17% upset rate...that's less that Buttler's FG% last night in the title game lol.

College basketball is hurting severely.

Those are your opinions. You're more than welcome to have them. Even if you're opinion is wrong. Sure you can make an argument with FL st and A&M, but your other games are just your opinion and your opinion is wrong. Sorry to tell you. People have wrong opinions all the time. I won't hold it against you.

Those are your opinions. You're more than welcome to have them. Even if you're opinion is wrong. Sure you can make an argument with FL st and A&M, but your other games are just your opinion and your opinion is wrong. Sorry to tell you. People have wrong opinions all the time. I won't hold it against you.

Ok.

Sorry to tell you that your opinion is wrong.

:lol:

See how that dumb game works?

:bobdole:

Let's go through round by round the big upsets:

2nd rd(which was the old 1st rd, they call the first four games the 1st rd):

Marquette over Xavier
Richmond over Vandy
Morehead State over Louisville
VCU over Georgetown
I wouldn't call FSU over A&M a big upset but it was an upset- same for Gonzaga over SJU(this was not a vintage Gonzaga team and they were crushed in their next game)

3rd rd:

Marq over Syracuse
Butler over Pitt
FSU over ND
VCU over Purdue

Sweet 16:
UK over Ohio State
Arizona over duke
Butler over Wisconsin

Elite 8:

VCU over Kansas
Butler over Florida

That's a ton of upsets.

Please....just stop with the seeds already. We've already determined that the seeds mean nothing even though the majority of the time, the higher seed does indeed win.

But I'm not about to consider Richmond over Vanderbilt an upset. Give me a break. Didn't Richmond have a guy on their team that's going to the NBA? How about Vanderbilt? Ok...

By the way, UCONN won this damn thing.

Richmond's 12 doesn't really mean much either. They were very underated in my mind, but hey, I'm a Richmond fan. I think they should have been more like a 9 seed.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was very surprised to see Richmond get a 12 seed and probably even more surprised to see Vanderbilt somehow get a 5 seed.

I felt like that was an 8-9 match-up.

How can it be an upset when even I picked Richmond over Vanderbilt in every bracket.

It got to the point that everyone actually expected Richmond to win despite being a 12 seed. That alone makes it not an upset IMO. When I think of upsets, I think of games where no one expects the underdog to win. Such as VCU vs. Kansas.

It got to the point that everyone actually expected Richmond to win despite being a 12 seed. That alone makes it not an upset IMO. When I think of upsets, I think of games where no one expects the underdog to win. Such as VCU vs. Kansas.

Vegas had Richmond as the favorite in that game because everyone knew Richmond was going to beat that awful Vanderbilt team.

Dudes are reaching for those precious upsets that makes the tournament so bad.

Back
Top Bottom