NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

Please....just stop with the seeds already. We've already determined that the seeds mean nothing even though the majority of the time, the higher seed does indeed win.

But I'm not about to consider Richmond over Vanderbilt an upset. Give me a break. Didn't Richmond have a guy on their team that's going to the NBA? How about Vanderbilt? Ok...

By the way, UCONN won this damn thing.

Teams are seeded for a reason, it's based on what they did in the regualr season. Butler was a stretch at an 8 seed,t hey probably should have been lower. it wasa colossal upset that they made the FF again. Vandy was in the top 25 all year, Richmond lost to Iona and Ga Tech. Outside of 1 vs. 16's and maybe 2 vs. 15s anything can happen in one game but Richmond beating Vandy was an upset.

Who cares if Richmond had a guy on their team that was going to the NBA? The Tourney is littered w/ small teams w/ NBA caliber players that don't win.

Every time one of your theroires is proven incorrect you troty out a new excuse.

Funny how the teams with the NBA players did so well in the tournament.

Must just be a coincidence.

Everyone had Richmond over Vanderbilt. Regular season means nothing. Don't use that as a crutch. No one pays attention to the regular season. Other than Dick Vitale, no one cares until conference championship games start up.

And you haven't exploited anything yet.

Also, UCONN won the whole thing. Big boy program.

Shocker.

But this tournament is a joke. Is it REALLY a way to crown a champion? Do you REALLY think UCONN is the best team in the country? You REALLY think Butler is the second best?

How about Auburn? You think they were the best football program this past season?

Without question.

Funny how the teams with the NBA players did so well in the tournament.

Must just be a coincidence.

Everyone had Richmond over Vanderbilt. Regular season means nothing. Don't use that as a crutch. No one pays attention to the regular season. Other than Dick Vitale, no one cares until conference championship games start up.

And you haven't exploited anything yet.

Tennessee has future NBA players on their team and lost by 30 in an 8-9 game.

Shocker.

But this tournament is a joke. Is it REALLY a way to crown a champion? Do you REALLY think UCONN is the best team in the country? You REALLY think Butler is the second best?

How about Auburn? You think they were the best football program this past season?

Without question.

So a small school has to win it? getting to the sweet 16, elite 8, FF, title game isn't enough?

A joke is CFB andn the way they crown a champion. Auburn was the best team but if they had to play in a playoff system they could have been picked off. If the NFL used the BCS system it would have been NE vs. Atlanta in the SB- those teams were betaen by better teams despite having better records- that could have happened to Auburn. These CFB teams play 2 maybe 3 tough teams a year(some less) and can be in a title game. It's a complete joke.

Ok.

Sorry to tell you that your opinion is wrong.

:lol:

See how that dumb game works?

:bobdole:

I'm just telling the same thing that almost everyone else in this thread has told you. I just don't beat around the bush. Richmond over Vandy was an upset. It would have been as much of an upset on the first day of the season as is was in the tournament. Vandy is a well coached team with better overall talent than Richmond. Richmond is well coached team with less talent. If they played that game 10 times Vandy would probably win 8 out of 10.

Don't even try and use the "Richmond has NBA players" thing. I think the NBA demonstrates on a regular basis that you don't have to be all that great a player to be drafted. Hell, you really don't have to be all that great a player to make a roster. But don't get me started on that crap that the NBA tries to pass off as "basketball".

Shocker.

Without question

Oh good lord. Of course you like the BCS. Why not. I'm not even sure where to start on how insanely stupid the BCS is. Auburn was pretty good, but I don't think they were the best team last season. Put them in a 8 team playoff and they (nor Oregon) wouldn't make it to the title game.

Tennessee has future NBA players on their team and lost by 30 in an 8-9 game.

So a small school has to win it? getting to the sweet 16, elite 8, FF, title game isn't enough?

A joke is CFB andn the way they crown a champion. Auburn was the best team but if they had to play in a playoff system they could have been picked off. If the NFL used the BCS system it would have been NE vs. Atlanta in the SB- those teams were betaen by better teams despite having better records- that could have happened to Auburn. These CFB teams play 2 maybe 3 tough teams a year(some less) and can be in a title game. It's a complete joke.

You just said Auburn was the best team. Then you said in a playoff they could be picked off. And I agree with BOTH statements. So if Auburn is the best team, then how is the team that picks them off better? This is the problem with the tournament. Both the tournament and the BCS have flaws, but the BCS has less flaws.

Was UCONN really the best team this season? Answer that? I say no. Was Butler the second best team? No.

Was Duke the best team last season? I say no. Was Butler the second best team? Definitely not.

Was Auburn the best team this season? Clearly. Was Oregon the second best team? By far.

Was Alabama the best team last season? Without a doubt. Was Texas the second best team? I say yes.

So the past two season the BCS has got it 100% right whereas the tournament we're all just left shaking our heads.

The regular season means absolutely nothing in college basketball. NOTHING. Why even have it? In college football, every single Saturday could be your last. You have to keep winning in college football. You have to prove it every single week.

But Butler has a couple of balls bounce their way and they slide in to the title game. The tournament champion, in my opinion, is less deserving of that title than the BCS champion.

The NFL is different. The NFL can have a playoff because teams have private jets and make much more than a University does on the game. Can you imagine a playoff in college football if it's the way NFL's playoff is setup? Most athletic departments operate in the red as it is. But now they have to pay for these kids to fly across the country four or five more times at the end of the season? How many kids, coaches, trainers, cheerleaders, etc., does a football team have? Think about the cost of four additional flights and hotels for a college.

Check out this bracket.

351v6u8-1.jpg

You just said Auburn was the best team. Then you said in a playoff they could be picked off. And I agree with BOTH statements. So if Auburn is the best team, then how is the team that picks them off better? This is the problem with the tournament. Both the tournament and the BCS have flaws, but the BCS has less flaws.

Was UCONN really the best team this season? Answer that? I say no. Was Butler the second best team? No.

Was Duke the best team last season? I say no. Was Butler the second best team? Definitely not.

Was Auburn the best team this season? Clearly. Was Oregon the second best team? By far.

Was Alabama the best team last season? Without a doubt. Was Texas the second best team? I say yes.

So the past two season the BCS has got it 100% right whereas the tournament we're all just left shaking our heads.

The regular season means absolutely nothing in college basketball. NOTHING. Why even have it? In college football, every single Saturday could be your last. You have to keep winning in college football. You have to prove it every single week.

But Butler has a couple of balls bounce their way and they slide in to the title game. The tournament champion, in my opinion, is less deserving of that title than the BCS champion.

The NFL is different. The NFL can have a playoff because teams have private jets and make much more than a University does on the game. Can you imagine a playoff in college football if it's the way NFL's playoff is setup? Most athletic departments operate in the red as it is. But now they have to pay for these kids to fly across the country four or five more times at the end of the season? How many kids, coaches, trainers, cheerleaders, etc., does a football team have? Think about the cost of four additional flights and hotels for a college.

Check out this bracket.

351v6u8-1.jpg
ur logic is so flawed. how the hell did the bcs get it right because they had the 2 best teams in the nation for the championship game? in most sports aside from the nba, many times the 2 best teams in their respective conferences do not make the championship game.

that is what makes sports so great, the chance of upset. in college football, u dont have that chance. if we went by ur logic, in the 2007 season, the superbowl would have been cowboys pats, and the giants would have never gotten a shot, yet they won the superbowl in one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

in the 2005 season, the pittsburgh steelers, who were stuggling mightly late in the season, go on a nice little run at the end, go 11-5, win the wildcard and a month later are champs. i can go on and on in sports how the so called best team does not always win the championship, or yet even play for it in their sport year in and year out, unless of course its CFB OR THE NBA.

as for u saying how college football is so great because u can not lose a game really or u r ****ed, well i do agree with that, but also how many times have we seen teams not lose a game and still not even get to the BCS championship? i will admit that the college basketball season does not mean that much, same in the NBA, and all, but to say that the bcs has it right and college basketballs system is flawed, imo is not true.

ur logic is so flawed. how the hell did the bcs get it right because they had the 2 best teams in the nation for the championship game?

SIMONCONFUSEDGIF-1.gif

You can't be serious here.

as for u saying how college football is so great because u can not lose a game really or u r ****ed, well i do agree with that, but also how many times have we seen teams not lose a game and still not even get to the BCS championship? i will admit that the college basketball season does not mean that much, same in the NBA, and all, but to say that the bcs has it right and college basketballs system is flawed, imo is not true.

2004 Auburn is the only time I can think of and don't try to hand me garbage *** Boise State either. And we had three undefeated teams that season. How often are we going to see three teams go undefeated in college football? It's extremely rare. And I never said the BCS wasn't flawed because it is. It's just that the BCS is LESS flawed than the NCAA tournament where anyone can get hot at the right time and run the table...doesn't make them the best team overall. If Ohio State and UCONN play RIGHT NOW today, who do you think is favored? Is the national champion favored...or is the better team, Ohio State, favored.

Check out this bracket.

351v6u8-1.jpg

No UConn was not the best team but they earned their title just like SF in MLB and GB in the NFL. NONE of those teams were the best in thewir league but they earned it.

How do we know Aubuirn was the best? b/c they played 2 or 3 tough games all year and won them? That doesn't prove who is best and winning one bowl game doesn't prove it either.

What does the reg season meanin CFB? if you are in a bog conf and win 2-3 tough games you can have a shot at the title. Theere are a handful of interesting games a year in CFB and the bowls are a joke since the only bowl anyone pays sttentionto is the BCS Championship.

So teams don't have problems flying all over the Country in the reg season but if they had a playoff where the NCAA would take care of travel and they'd have to travel 2-3 times that would put them over the edge?

I assume that bracket is to see who has made the worst argument in this thread?

How do we know Aubuirn was the best? b/c they played 2 or 3 tough games all year and won them? That doesn't prove who is best and winning one bowl game doesn't prove it either.

and the bowls are a joke since the only bowl anyone pays sttentionto is the BCS Championship.

1. wat. Auburn beat Arkansas, USCe twice, LSU, Bama, Oregon, Miss State. Were they supposed to schedule the Patriots too?

2. Thats just crap. A ton of people watch the bowl games, especially the BCS bowls.

1. wat. Auburn beat Arkansas, USCe twice, LSU, Bama, Oregon, Miss State. Were they supposed to schedule the Patriots too?

2. Thats just crap. A ton of people watch the bowl games, especially the BCS bowls.

Let's be honest, there weren't any other great teams in the SEC this year. They beat 'Bama at 'Bama which was a great win. They needed OT to beat Clemson at home- Clem went 4-4 in the ACC.

Ark was a good team, they beat them at home.
LSU nearly lost to a depleted UNC team in SEC Country
They got to play S. carolina twice(once at home and once neutral) and they were a tad overrated- who did they really beat?

They did not have some killer sched. They had to beat one ranked team on the road all year. heck, they only played 4 road games all year.

Fans of the teams watch the bowl games, general interest is down outside of the title game. Why do I want to watch completely meaningless bowl games? not to mention there are a million of them now.

Why the **** I wanna watch Duke pound a truck driving school??

A million bowl games?? There are just as many meaningless tournament games lol.

junk went off the deep end with that one.

Someone did go off the deep end in this thread, it wasn't me.

Aubrun had to play 4 road games all year long- what a brutal sched!

3 of the 4 road games they played at 6-7 UK, at 4-8 Ole Miss and at Miss State who won 9 games b/c they played UAB, Memphis, Alcorn State and Houston. That is rough.

Back
Top Bottom