NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

LSU barely hung on to beat UNC while half the Heels team was suspended
UF lost 5 games inclduing losing 31-7 to Florida State

MUCH more difficult to win the NCAA Tourney b/c you have no margin for error. if you lose your season is over, in CFB the top teams can lose once or maybe even twice and still win it all.

Only some of the top seeds get 2 games close to home and only one game is against a "scrub". In 2009 the #1 seeded Heels played the SEC Champs in Rd 2., 8/9 games usually produce a good team to face the 1 seed in the 2nd game.

What championship team DOESNT have close calls? I didnt watch much, but I bet Uconn nearly got bounced a few times. And J is talking about the championship UF team, not last years.

What championship team DOESNT have close calls? I didnt watch much, but I bet Uconn nearly got bounced a few times. And J is talking about the championship UF team, not last years.

The championship UF teams lost a game, let me know when a CBB team can lose in the Tourney and still win the title.

The bottom line is Auburn's sched was not very difficult in realty. They had a couple of tough games overall and played one tough road game in order to play for the title.

The championship UF teams lost a game, let me know when a CBB team can lose in the Tourney and still win the title.

The bottom line is Auburn's sched was not very difficult in realty. They had a couple of tough games overall and played one tough road game in order to play for the title.

You know what...you right. Playing week in and week out in the SEC and winning every game is easy. Cant believe 6 other teams could do it.

You know what...you right. Playing week in and week out in the SEC and winning every game is easy. Cant believe 6 other teams could do it.

Who said it was easy? It's not easy but it's alot easier to do that than win the NCAA Tourney. I'd rather have to win 3-4 tough games a year(w/ about 3 of them at home) than to win 6 games on neutral floors.

I'll use my team for this example.

In 2009 UNC played the SEC Champs in rd 2, a team that was ranked in the top 15 all year in the Sweet 16, a team w/ the player of the year and a team that was ranked 1st for part of the year in the Regional Final then had to win the Nat'l Title against Mich State in Detroit! 80,000 people in the building and at least 60,000 were MSU fans. That's a little more difficult than one tough road game all year for Auburn, wouldn't you agree?

Who said it was easy? It's not easy but it's alot easier to do that than win the NCAA Tourney. I'd rather have to win 3-4 tough games a year(w/ about 3 of them at home) than to win 6 games on neutral floors.

I'll use my team for this example.

In 2009 UNC played the SEC Champs in rd 2, a team that was ranked in the top 15 all year in the Sweet 16, a team w/ the player of the year and a team that was ranked 1st for part of the year in the Regional Final then had to win the Nat'l Title against Mich State in Detroit! 80,000 people in the building and at least 60,000 were MSU fans. That's a little more difficult than one tough road game all year for Auburn, wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, thats impressive. But you are seriously underestimating the difficulty of running the table in a football season. Thats much more impressive than winning a basketball tounament.

Basically, any joke team like VCU or whoever can get lucky and go all the way to the final 4. Butler can almost win it. You dont see things like that in college football because you need a great body of work throughout the entire season to even be considered for the NC game. VCU aint playing in that ****.

Yeah, thats impressive. But you are seriously underestimating the difficulty of running the table in a football season. Thats much more impressive than winning a basketball tounament.

You don't have to go undefeated in CFB, 3 of the last 5 champs have lost at least one game and one lost two games.

Most big tiem CFB programs only play a few tough games a year and most are at home. That's very different than having to play at a neutral site or one that gives another team an advantage, having to win 6 straight games. That's more difficult.

Basically, any joke team like VCU or whoever can get lucky and go all the way to the final 4. Butler can almost win it. You dont see things like that in college football because you need a great body of work throughout the entire season to even be considered for the NC game. VCU aint playing in that ****.

It's very rare for a VCU or Butler to make the FF, it's happened 4 times in the last 30 years w/ 3 of them happening the last 2 years and that is mostly b/c of how the NBA has ravaged CBB w/ early defections which CFB does not have to worry about.

In CBB teams like Butler and VCU have a chance, in CFB teams like Utah, Boise and TCU don't have a chance.

:lol:

perhaps because VCU doesn't have a football team.

You don't have to go undefeated in CFB, 3 of the last 5 champs have lost at least one game and one lost two games.

Most big tiem CFB programs only play a few tough games a year and most are at home. That's very different than having to play at a neutral site or one that gives another team an advantage, having to win 6 straight games. That's more difficult.

It's very rare for a VCU or Butler to make the FF, it's happened 4 times in the last 30 years w/ 3 of them happening the last 2 years and that is mostly b/c of how the NBA has ravaged CBB w/ early defections which CFB does not have to worry about.

In CBB teams like Butler and VCU have a chance, in CFB teams like Utah, Boise and TCU don't have a chance.

So now you're admitting that teams like VCU really don't have a chance. In literal terms, of course they have a "chance" but let's be honest, they don't have a chance.

Utah, Boise State, and TCU have just as good a chance as Auburn or anyone else ASSUMING you aren't going to beat the hell out of scrubs all season. Why should you get a shot at a national title when you beat up on scrubs like Utah State. So TCU and Utah recognize that they're at a disadvantage and they become PROACTIVE about their situation. TCU moves on to the Big East. Utah moves on to the Pac 10. But Boise State continues to complain that they aren't getting a fair shake when they give Montana Tech two black eyes and then lose to Nevada lol.

Utah recognized their issues a couple of years ago and they've been recruiting differently as a result. They've been recruiting real athletes in preparation for a move to the Pac 10. TCU has done the same. But Boise State continues to recruit the less athletic players from Idaho. It's THEIR fault so don't have pity for them.

LSU barely hung on to beat UNC while half the Heels team was suspended
UF lost 5 games inclduing losing 31-7 to Florida State

MUCH more difficult to win the NCAA Tourney b/c you have no margin for error. if you lose your season is over, in CFB the top teams can lose once or maybe even twice and still win it all.

Only some of the top seeds get 2 games close to home and only one game is against a "scrub". In 2009 the #1 seeded Heels played the SEC Champs in Rd 2., 8/9 games usually produce a good team to face the 1 seed in the 2nd game.

So now the 8/9 teams are legit but Butler over Pitt is a HUGE upset lol. And Auburn didn't play a tough schedule despite being in the SEC but North Carolina had to face a tough challenge in round two against LSU?

:bobdole:

So now you're admitting that teams like VCU really don't have a chance. In literal terms, of course they have a "chance" but let's be honest, they don't have a chance.

Utah, Boise State, and TCU have just as good a chance as Auburn or anyone else ASSUMING you aren't going to beat the hell out of scrubs all season. Why should you get a shot at a national title when you beat up on scrubs like Utah State. So TCU and Utah recognize that they're at a disadvantage and they become PROACTIVE about their situation. TCU moves on to the Big East. Utah moves on to the Pac 10. But Boise State continues to complain that they aren't getting a fair shake when they give Montana Tech two black eyes and then lose to Nevada lol.

Utah recognized their issues a couple of years ago and they've been recruiting differently as a result. They've been recruiting real athletes in preparation for a move to the Pac 10. TCU has done the same. But Boise State continues to recruit the less athletic players from Idaho. It's THEIR fault so don't have pity for them.

Haha. In Butte too.

I honestly didn't see Butler as any type of "Cinderella" team this year. VCU was the only one that really fit that in the Final 4.

I honestly didn't see Butler as any type of "Cinderella" team this year. VCU was the only one that really fit that in the Final 4.

It's incredible that some people think Butler was a Cinderella type team. people are so desperate for a Cinderella to win this tournament so that their argument can be validated. But it's not going to happen.

Because they are never one of the best two teams in the country. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom