NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

Utah, Boise and TCU are in it every year.

Utah finished #2 that year they pummeled Alabama. Boise had an outside shot last year of getting to the BCS game but they choked pretty terribly. TCU was a great team last year.

Utah, Boise and TCU are in it every year.

Utah finished #2 that year they pummeled Alabama. Boise had an outside shot last year of getting to the BCS game but they choked pretty terribly. TCU was a great team last year.

It's nice they allow them to be ranked high but they have no shot at the title game.

Utah was undefetated in 2008 including beating Alabama yet they didn't get to play for the title as two 1 loss teams played for the title. In CBB you make your own destiny, it's not left up to the polls. if you win your games in the Tourney you can be a champion, that's not the case in CFB.

So now you're admitting that teams like VCU really don't have a chance. In literal terms, of course they have a "chance" but let's be honest, they don't have a chance.

Utah, Boise State, and TCU have just as good a chance as Auburn or anyone else ASSUMING you aren't going to beat the hell out of scrubs all season. Why should you get a shot at a national title when you beat up on scrubs like Utah State. So TCU and Utah recognize that they're at a disadvantage and they become PROACTIVE about their situation. TCU moves on to the Big East. Utah moves on to the Pac 10. But Boise State continues to complain that they aren't getting a fair shake when they give Montana Tech two black eyes and then lose to Nevada lol.

Utah recognized their issues a couple of years ago and they've been recruiting differently as a result. They've been recruiting real athletes in preparation for a move to the Pac 10. TCU has done the same. But Boise State continues to recruit the less athletic players from Idaho. It's THEIR fault so don't have pity for them.

The little guys always have a chance b/c they get to play on the court, they rarely make the FF b/c there are much better teams but they have a chance. Top smaller schools in CFB like TCU, Utah, Boise don't have a chance.

Utah beat 2 ranked teams in 2008 then beat Alabama badly in a bowl game and they didn't play for the title. They were undefeated and two 1 loss teams played for the title. OSU went to back to back title games beating 1-2 quality teams- it's ok though b/c they were in the overrated Big 10.

So now the 8/9 teams are legit but Butler over Pitt is a HUGE upset lol. And Auburn didn't play a tough schedule despite being in the SEC but North Carolina had to face a tough challenge in round two against LSU?

:bobdole:

Is this that difficult for you to follow? An 8/9 winner beating a 1 is a big upset but those aren't cupcake cgames like a 1 vs. 16 or 2 vs. 15.

It's incredible that some people think Butler was a Cinderella type team. people are so desperate for a Cinderella to win this tournament so that their argument can be validated. But it's not going to happen.

Nah, a school that lost their best player early to the draft(when they have neer lost one early before) and a school that in non conference lost to UL by 15, lost to Evansville, got crushed by duke, lost to Xavier, had one qaulity non conf win( a 3 pt win over FSU) and didn't even win their reg season conference in a conf that sent ONE team to the Tourney. How could a team like this be considered a cinderella type team?

Because they are never one of the best two teams in the country. Makes sense to me.

We don't know this b/c the big guys are scared to play them. If CBB excluded teams like Butler we could say the same thing but they allow them a chance and they have played for the title the last 2 years b/c of it.

Two ranked teams you say?

Just incredible.

You do know Auburn in the great SEC only played 4 ranked teams in the reg season, right?

In '08 UF played 4 ranked teams and lost to an UNRANKED team yet they were playing for the title and Utah had no chance.

Hmmm...

4 > 2?

Also, let's look at the quality of the opponent that Utah and Auburn play. Yeah, they played TWO ranked opponents, but what about the fillers?

Hmmm...

4 > 2?

Also, let's look at the quality of the opponent that Utah and Auburn play. Yeah, they played TWO ranked opponents, but what about the fillers?

4 is better than 2 w/o a doubt but ti's not an outrageous difference where Utah wouldn't deserve a shot. I think beating 2 ranked teams and not losing any games is better than beating 4 ranked teams and losing to an unranked team.

Auburn's sched was not difficult this year. ONE tough road game.

4 is better than 2 w/o a doubt but ti's not an outrageous difference where Utah wouldn't deserve a shot. I think beating 2 ranked teams and not losing any games is better than beating 4 ranked teams and losing to an unranked team.

You are underestimating the quality of Auburn/Florida's other oppenents compared to Utah's. Utah literally cant lose if they want to half the games they play. Auburn and other SEC teams play decent unranked teams for the most part.

Ok, so go and compare the schedules of the two teams that made the title game in 2008 and that Utah team. See what you come up with.

There's no way Utah's schedule was anywhere close to what Florida or Ohio State had to face.

Anyone can go undefeated in college football. But you can't schedule "little sisters of the poor" and then say you deserve a title shot.

Utah may have steam rolled Alabama in that bowl game but I guarantee that in the same year with the same players in a national title game, Alabama POUNDS Utah relentlessly. Alabama had nothing to play for in that game. You could see it when they came out of the tunnel. They just didn't care. Alabama's season ended when they lost to Florida in Atlanta.

Utah never plays anyone tough. Even the year they "crashed" the BCS, they didn't play anyone that tough.

Neither does Boise, except for Oregon/Oregon St. every few years.

Ok, so go and compare the schedules of the two teams that made the title game in 2008 and that Utah team. See what you come up with.

There's no way Utah's schedule was anywhere close to what Florida or Ohio State had to face.

Anyone can go undefeated in college football. But you can't schedule "little sisters of the poor" and then say you deserve a title shot.

Utah may have steam rolled Alabama in that bowl game but I guarantee that in the same year with the same players in a national title game, Alabama POUNDS Utah relentlessly. Alabama had nothing to play for in that game. You could see it when they came out of the tunnel. They just didn't care. Alabama's season ended when they lost to Florida in Atlanta.

I think the title game that year was Florida vs. Oklahoma. Oklahoma probably shouldn't have been there, but as much as I hate the Gators, they deserved to be there.

4 ranked teams in the reg season vs. 2 for UF, UF lost to an unranked team
OU played 5 ranked teams and lost to texas

UF was better than OU but OU had the better resume and I although I think UF was better than Utah I'd take the team w/ 2 ranked wins and zero losses over the team w/ 4 ranked win and 1 loss to un anranked team.

That last paragraph says everything- 'Bama had nothing to play for. That doesn't happen in CBB, another reason why CFB is a joke. So many meaningless bowl games that have zero influence on who becomes the National Champion.

Failed to mention who Utah beat lol.

They beat Oregon State who handed USC their only loss of the year(the real best team in CFB that year), OSU was #18 in the final poll
Thet beat TCU who beat BYU badly, TCU was #7 in the final poll
They beat BYU who was #21 in the final poll
They beat Alabama who was #6 in the final poll

Now go look at who Oklahoma beat and compare.

I said OU belonged, I also said I thought UF was better even though their resume wasn't as good as OU. A playoff would solve all of this nonsense and allow teams to earn the titles on the field rather than through computers.

Back
Top Bottom