Need to keep Starks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need to keep Starks

I know it's been rumored Starks will be a Cap casualty but this would be a huge mistake. Suh is indeed a force but he also was playing besides another very good DT in Fairley. This tandem is what made Detroit #1 in the league against the run and helped pave the way to having one of the best defenses in the league. Losing Starks would mean we would lose this great DT tandem we could potentially have. I'm hoping we don't lose Starks. The man is a beast and playing besides Suh/Wake/Vernon would be sick.

Early in Fairley's career he severely hindered Suh, and Fairley only started 8 games - with CJ Mosley starting the other 8. No coincidence that's the year Suh leads Detroit to the #1 run D. You don't want another penetrating DT next to Suh. Ideally, you want someone similar to Brockers in St. Louis. Just a big guy with solid athleticism who can chew up blockers. Carl Davis is really interesting for this reason.

I'd like to see Trae Waynes in the 1st. That will be the starting corner. Then take Rashad Greene in the 2nd. He'd be nice in the slot with Jarvis and Wallace on the outside

I wasn't aware you knew his workout regimen

No i don't know his workout Regiment. But I have watched him play carefully both live and on the tube and I'm telling you he's a lazy player.

Starks laid an egg last year. I do not know what is wrong, maybe he makes Philbin queasy.
I would rather keep Odrick over Starks, and draft a big space eating tackle.

You guys aren't thinking outside the box. Re-sign Odrick and cut Starks. You could try and get Odrick for around 6m or keep Starks for the same money while cutting him nets you 5m.

I don't see Odrick coming that cheap, especially the numbers that were seeing with most of these early rumored agreements. Think he gets at least 7 and probably more. If he came in at your number I would say sure resign him.

Back
Top Bottom