Need to run Jay Ajayi more | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need to run Jay Ajayi more

1. He really needs to make quicker decisions. When there's a 4-5 man rush, Tannehill needs to make quicker decisions because there will not be the luxury of waiting for a receiver to get open. 2. our linemen need to communicate. A lot of the sacks come with disguised rushes and one of our linemen not blocking anyone or doubling on a defender and leaving another running in untouched.

Probably because when there weren't wide open holes he was running into his own offense more than he was finding space. Despite more ability to run with power when he has a lane, he is not the better short yardage runner right now because he showed poor decision making when there were a lot of bodies around the LOS.

Dude why do you overreact about everything...he ran into the back of the lineman ONCE...ONCE! The other time was a run to the right side and nothing was there. I dont recall this terrible decision making and vision issue youre talking about. Sounds like something you made up. This just shows how you overreact and blow **** way out of proportion.

The kid looks good. I think he is getting eased in and will see more touches each week. He missed a lot of time this year so you don't want to force him to do too much too soon. He has to earn the trust of the coaches, etc - that will come.

Ajayi looks good...i like the way he runs but i also really like miller. Running backs dont make a killing on the market and miller grew up in florida, went to college in miami and would probably like to stay in miami where hee has always lived and has his whole family there. I would love to go into next season with miller and ajayi as our running backs. Miller is actually underrated by some people here. He doesnt break tackles like lynch or pederson but when miller gets 15+ touches a game hes pretty good. Lazors playcalling doesnt really help the run game or the pass game at all but miller is a pretty good running back when he gets enough carries. Having him and ajayi would be great for the team moving forward.

But in the case we dont resign miller im confident ajayi can be a productive back for us, he looks like he will be a very good player.

Dude why do you overreact about everything...he ran into the back of the lineman ONCE...ONCE! The other time was a run to the right side and nothing was there. I dont recall this terrible decision making and vision issue youre talking about. Sounds like something you made up. This just shows how you overreact and blow **** way out of proportion.

I overreact because of two plays? Looks like a lot of people overreacting because of two good runs but I know that's way more fun than being realistic after a couple bad plays. People are asking the question of why he wasn't out there more. The answer is because on everything following the last two runs he ran the wrong way. It looks like the coaching staff agreed seeing as he wasn't out there anymore, and we know they talked him up and wanted to use him a lot. Lamar Miller had a lot of runs where he only got two yards but those two yards positive as opposed to negative (a four yard difference) were huge in keeping the offense in much more manageable third downs than we've seen in a lot of games this year.

I'm actually pretty excited about Ajayi and his longterm prospects but the way the NFL works is until you cut out the cringe-worthy decision-making you won't see more than spot usage. Root for this guy when he's out there but understand that with as little time as he's had on an NFL field at all that he's gonna have to be sprinkled in.

I overreact because of two plays? Looks like a lot of people overreacting because of two good runs but I know that's way more fun than being realistic after a couple bad plays. People are asking the question of why he wasn't out there more. The answer is because on everything following the last two runs he ran the wrong way. It looks like the coaching staff agreed seeing as he wasn't out there anymore, and we know they talked him up and wanted to use him a lot. Lamar Miller had a lot of runs where he only got two yards but those two yards positive as opposed to negative (a four yard difference) were huge in keeping the offense in much more manageable third downs than we've seen in a lot of games this year.

I'm actually pretty excited about Ajayi and his longterm prospects but the way the NFL works is until you cut out the cringe-worthy decision-making you won't see more than spot usage. Root for this guy when he's out there but understand that with as little time as he's had on an NFL field at all that he's gonna have to be sprinkled in.

Russell wilson ran into his own guy and fumvled into the endzone for a safety...man, his decision making is terrible....it was "cringe worthy"....more overreacting from you

Russell wilson ran into his own guy and fumvled into the endzone for a safety...man, his decision making is terrible....it was "cringe worthy"....more overreacting from you

My God, can you idiots stop with the comparing guys with a track record of success to try and write off mistakes from guys who haven't yet? It's a terrible argument whose logic dictates that every rookie who makes a mistake will end up the same as insert All-pro or HOF player here. That's ridiculous, stupid, and really should stop happening. I'm going to have to put something in my signature because I'm flat out sick of having to even waste the time to talk about these things.

Secondly, even though Wilson has had a track record of success, he's actually playing like absolute crap this year when it comes to movement in the pocket. Even on the broadcast they've said you have to wonder how many of their sacks this year as his fault.

My God, can you idiots stop with the comparing guys with a track record of success to try and write off mistakes from guys who haven't yet? It's a terrible argument whose logic dictates that every rookie who makes a mistake will end up the same as insert All-pro or HOF player here. That's ridiculous, stupid, and really should stop happening. I'm going to have to put something in my signature because I'm flat out sick of having to even waste the time to talk about these things.

Secondly, even though Wilson has had a track record of success, he's actually playing like absolute crap this year when it comes to movement in the pocket. Even on the broadcast they've said you have to wonder how many of their sacks this year as his fault.

I brought up wilson to show you that **** happens sometimes and theres no,need to overreact and make stuff up. You dont sound smart doing it because the mahority of us watched the game and dont think his decision making was "cringe worthy"...do you realize how ridiculous you make yourself sound with each post with your knee jerk overreactions and fabrications....

Considering the extremely limited snaps Ajayi has gotten, and the number of big runs out of them. You're really gonna break him down to misreading the plays as a consistent fault? The guy has a spark factor, and the more snaps the better for his style of running. How else is he supposed to correct his flaws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajayi had some great runs and then every carry after that was a horrible read. He had a buttfumble-worthy play where he ran right into the back of a lineman. He looked like a rookie and in the situation the team was in we couldn't afford to have him waste plays.

The reality is that both RB's need more work but they won't get it when poor defensive play out of the gate and offensive ineptitude put us behind early. I'm actually surprised and impressed that the running game still got as much work as it did and that the defense managed to keep us in the game to where it was still feasible.

This is the mistake that every Dolphins coach makes. When you are down 13 points in the first, there is plenty of time to run the football. You are not in trouble until late in the 3rd. Stop panicking and use the talent you have.

Id start him...his vision needs work but he sets a tone that this oline cant produce and neither can lamar miller

I brought up wilson to show you that **** happens sometimes and theres no,need to overreact and make stuff up. You dont sound smart doing it because the mahority of us watched the game and dont think his decision making was "cringe worthy"...do you realize how ridiculous you make yourself sound with each post with your knee jerk overreactions and fabrications....

The only one who is overreacting right now is you bro. It's pretty silly that somebody can't honestly discuss a Dolphin player without people jumping down their throat. Ajayi looked great today when he got some blocks and bad when he didn't. We weren't getting blocks on most of our plays. Miller was the better runner when that was happening. That's what it boils down to.

Id start him...his vision needs work but he sets a tone that this oline cant produce and neither can lamar miller

Hah...I'm the one who overreacts. Now we're starting a player because of a couple good runs over a player averaging 5 yards a pop who is a playmaker both in the running game and in the passing game and has developed into an extremely consistent executor of his responsibilities.

You can't make this stuff up. SMH.

Hah...I'm the one who overreacts. Now we're starting a player because of a couple good runs over a player averaging 5 yards a pop who is a playmaker both in the running game and in the passing game and has developed into an extremely consistent executor of his responsibilities.

You can't make this stuff up. SMH.

One sets a tone the other doesnt...thats my point

Its early sure but id definitely play the tone setter more to try and help this oline in the run game

The only one who is overreacting right now is you bro. It's pretty silly that somebody can't honestly discuss a Dolphin player without people jumping down their throat. Ajayi looked great today when he got some blocks and bad when he didn't. We weren't getting blocks on most of our plays. Miller was the better runner when that was happening. That's what it boils down to.

Dude u overreact about everything i saw you in the gameday thread and you blow everything out of proportion...whats funny is you claim to not be overreacting but u said he was running into his own guys more often than not....thats an overreaction because it happened one time...ONCE. You said his decision making was cringe worthy which is also a severe overreaction to one play where he ran into the back of a lineman. You need to get a grip on reality because you tend to just make **** up and blow it way out of proportion and make small things into big deals.

Back
Top Bottom